Clubplanet Nightlife Community

puttin mass on

ovrdose

ok, here is the situation. i currently am in school full time, and my school food is absolutely terrible. not only is there almost little to nothing good to eat, but the food just tastes awful even when they do have chicken and other meat. sooo, my bulking goals aren't exactly working out that great, since most of my protein intake ends up coming from the three shakes i drink a day (a little over 50 grams each). so i was wondering if i can add a weight gainer of some sort into the mix, would that help at all with putting some mass on? i think i know the answer, and that is no, lol, but im just reaching for ideas here. cause pretty much everything i would intake would be synthetic, and i wouldn't be eating that much solid food. just looking for some ideas from others who are in the same boat as me. btw, i am 6'1, trying desperately to get out of the 160s, i weighed in at 168 today. and another thing, i can def see myself getting bigger, my chest back and arms have made great progress, and i keep doing more and more weight. however, i just can't seem to start going up in mass consistently.

sadly im in school all the time. im in college, so i dorm on campus. don't have a kitchen in the room, so that leaves me with no options really than to eat on campus. for the first few weeks i would keep low fat cottage cheese in teh fridge, mixed with some equal it was pretty good. but after eating that every single day i got really sick of it. i still keep pb&j around, so that's always there for a quick snack.

Originally posted by fkornre

who is a female?

ovrdose (great name btw) is a male

I think that nautica was humorously referring to the freshman 15 most girls put on their first year, I'm sure he didn't take overdose for a woman, not too many 6'1 168lb women walking around nowadays.

Try blending in half a banana with each protein shake (unless the shakes are already loaded with carbs. There are a lot of shakes out there that don't have any or very few carbs which isn't going to do much for bulking) I know it sounds like a lot of bananas a day, but it could help . It can make OK tasting shakes pretty yummy too.

if you want to put on MASS, not saying it's lean muscle or just plain ole' GIRTH, you need to boost your calorie and carb intake.

5 Cups of Oatmeal in the morning will give you a bunch of good Carbs..throw some fruit in there. Avoid sugars. All you need for this is a microwave and a fridge ( if you want to use milk with your oatmeal instead of water. Most caf's at school have a cereal section with oatmeal, no?

Do you have a sandwich bar at your school's caf? Is the caf all you can eat, or pay-by-the-piece?

thanks for the suggestions guys. i already to the banana in the shake thing, def makes it taste a whole lot better that way and adds some thickness.

my caf is all you can eat and we have a sandwich bar. i usually just get a few slices of whole wheat bread and some turkey.

i also have a whole thing of oatmeal, im usually too lazy to actually make some, but i'll get on that. i just have to use what i got, cause i know im not getting enough calories to really start putting it on. if only i had a kitchen...