Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Girls: how do you deal with guys coming on to you at the workplace?

georgym

this friend of mine just got a job at the UN. She delivers mail and packages throughout the UN offices.

but there's one run where it's all guys, and she's getting annoyed b/c every time she makes that one particular run, there's one or 2 guys always asking her out.

And she doesn't know what to do or say. Any advice of what she can do without being a bitch. After all , this IS a work environment.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise her to try to get some kind of documentation of this... because if it ever got to that point, you have to have hard evidence to show that she was being sexually harrassed.

Other than that she should probably talk to her supervisor, or if she's not comfortable with that, someone else in her department that she trusts.

Originally posted by tastyt

I would advise her to try to get some kind of documentation of this... because if it ever got to that point, you have to have hard evidence to show that she was being sexually harrassed.

Other than that she should probably talk to her supervisor, or if she's not comfortable with that, someone else in her department that she trusts.

yeah, i just told her to talk to her super.

and the thing is, she DOES have a boyfriend. but she told me they say those things when she's walking away, and she can't just turn around and say that. But maybe she should :idea:

I agree though about the documentation. b/c sexual harassment i know still goes on, and its a shame. It especially pisses me off since it's a good friend of mine :nono:

Originally posted by gmccookny

and the thing is, she DOES have a boyfriend. but she told me they say those things when she's walking away, and she can't just turn around and say that. But maybe she should :idea:

I agree though about the documentation. b/c sexual harassment i know still goes on, and its a shame. It especially pisses me off since it's a good friend of mine :nono:

deff tell her super, that shit is annoying, esspecially if they know she has a bfriend, thats just dissrespectful :mad: :mad: :mad:

What exactly do they say as she's walking away? If they're being sleazy enough to not even say it to her face, who knows if her telling them she has a bf is going to stop them from talking to her like that.

What exactly do they say as she's walking away? If they're being sleazy enough to not even say it to her face, who knows if her telling them she has a bf is going to stop them from talking to her like that.

well i just spoke to her, and she told me she told her supervisor, and she said if they say anything, to report it.

She told me she has told them she has a boyfriend, and usually they shut up. Only sometimes they say "so?", but she told me they leave her alone after that.

She's the type that's so friendly and nice, that these things happen to her. It gets to me how some guys can think just so much with their cack, and not with their head :mad:

But hopefully she'll switch her run with someone else, or the guys will stop .

well i just spoke to her, and she told me she told her supervisor, and she said if they say anything, to report it.

She told me she has told them she has a boyfriend, and usually they shut up. Only sometimes they say "so?", but she told me they leave her alone after that.

She's the type that's so friendly and nice, that these things happen to her. It gets to me how some guys can think just so much with their cack, and not with their head :mad:

But hopefully she'll switch her run with someone else, or the guys will stop .

i dont see whats the big deal to ask the girl out ..even if she says she has a bf..its not like they groped her or told her "turkeys done!"

Originally posted by smokesum

you have a great point!

this forum is about sex or "trying" to get some

not on how to AVOID getting some

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No its not. it's about ANYThing related to SEX

this is MUCH more related to sex than a lot of things usually posted on here.

Maybe it's just a more mature level that you and kaydup aren't ready to face ;)

ESPECIALLY at work. It's bad enough to have to deal with that shit everywhere else, but if you can't be comfortable where you work... that's fucked up.

And ignore the peanut gallery- they wouldn't know what to do with a serious conversation if it came and porked them up the rear. ;)

i dont see whats the big deal to ask the girl out ..even if she says she has a bf..its not like they groped her or told her "turkeys done!"

no, because it can escalate and get to that.

that's how guys get started. guys don't just go up to girls and grope them.

the sleazy ones work their way up. That's why im asking this sex-related question in the sex board

It's a big deal because they continue to do so even after she said no. That's completely unacceptable in a work environment. You're not supposed to make a co-worker uncomfortable like that, and if you do, it should become YOUR problem, not hers.

ESPECIALLY at work. It's bad enough to have to deal with that shit everywhere else, but if you can't be comfortable where you work... that's fucked up.

And ignore the peanut gallery- they wouldn't know what to do with a serious conversation if it came and porked them up the rear. ;)

sure i wouldnt....:rolleyes:

because a club messageboard is the ideal platform to have a serious conversation :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you have a great point!

this forum is about sex or "trying" to get some

not on how to AVOID getting some

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah this thread is dumb!

spam even :laugh:

Be carefull, gmccookie got us with the mature level thing

stop trying so hard....

your point was that I wouldnt know how to handle a serious conversation..not that I CHOOSE not to handle a serious conversation on a club messageboard

I think today that men and women are different then back in the 1950's.

discuss