Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Girls: how do you deal with guys coming on to you at the workplace?

georgym

Originally posted by kaydup

I think today that men and women are different then back in the 1950's.

discuss

Oooh boy, where in the heck are you taking us with that comment :laugh:

And the funny thing is, YOU'RE RIGHT>

People seem to be forgetting essential manners and ethics all over the place. Sometimes it's hard to be the responsible level-headed person :half:

Either way, if you don't wanna talk about this thread, then stay out.

Thanks tastyt and suganspice 4 your advice ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tastyt

It's a big deal because they continue to do so even after she said no. That's completely unacceptable in a work environment. You're not supposed to make a co-worker uncomfortable like that, and if you do, it should become YOUR problem, not hers.

there is a certain gray area when it comes to sexual harassment.....maybe she is over exagerrating maybe not..it would be difficult to prove

bottom line neither you nor I were there to hear an exchange of words...so it is pointless to argue about it..

Originally posted by smokesum

stop trying so hard....

your point was that I wouldnt know how to handle a serious conversation..not that I CHOOSE not to handle a serious conversation on a club messageboard

LMAO, you of all people accusing someone of trying too hard?

Carry on if you desire, I'm done... you don't amuse me kid.

Originally posted by gmccookny

Oooh boy, where in the heck are you taking us with that comment :laugh:

And the funny thing is, YOU'RE RIGHT>

People seem to be forgetting essential manners and ethics all over the place. Sometimes it's hard to be the responsible level-headed person :half:

Either way, if you don't wanna talk about this thread, then stay out.

Thanks tastyt and suganspice 4 your advice ;)

I didn't even read what you wrote :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by tastyt

LMAO, you of all people accusing someone of trying too hard?

Carry on if you desire, I'm done... you don't amuse me kid.

took the easy way out....good choice :aright:

and if I dont amuse you, then why have you replied to some of my posts in amusement (lol's, smilys; etc)..so :D

Originally posted by tommyarmani

http://eserver.org/feminism/preventing-harassment.txt ---- the lang.of the law. she def appears to be #2 on the list "hostile environment"

look here for an attorney by location & free consultation..

http://www.an-attorney-for-you.com/

Great man, thanks :)

Things have not gotten so bad as to warrant action just yet, but we'll see if these jackasses continue.

Yours truly,

papa smurf

this friend of mine just got a job at the UN. She delivers mail and packages throughout the UN offices.

but there's one run where it's all guys, and she's getting annoyed b/c every time she makes that one particular run, there's one or 2 guys always asking her out.

And she doesn't know what to do or say. Any advice of what she can do without being a bitch. After all , this IS a work environment.

..You do realize that while working for the UN she's going to constantly get that kind of shit right? People from other countries aren't as 'PC' as they are here.. There's other fembots that have experience with this kind of shennangians on the board that could probably tell you similar stories...

..Bottom line, its going to be incredibly hard to get it to stop, so the best thing she can do is ignore it.. If it was a normal office, she'd have more recourse, but since this is the UN, I have a feeling they probably wouldn't do much about it..except maybe terminate her due to the fact that it would be easier for them to get another mail person then piss off some country's skeezy diplomat...

..Sad, but reality...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

..You do realize that while working for the UN she's going to constantly get that kind of shit right? People from other countries aren't as 'PC' as they are here.. There's other fembots that have experience with this kind of shennangians on the board that could probably tell you similar stories...

..Bottom line, its going to be incredibly hard to get it to stop, so the best thing she can do is ignore it.. If it was a normal office, she'd have more recourse, but since this is the UN, I have a feeling they probably wouldn't do much about it..except maybe terminate her due to the fact that it would be easier for them to get another mail person then piss off some country's skeezy diplomat...

..Sad, but reality...

you know i didn't think of that, mike. but it's true, and it might just be a reality she'll have to deal with for now. But these people who have those tendencies, they WORK in the UN now, and in America, and must adhere to our policies, not get stuck with their ways in europe/asia/etc...

She is hoping to be transferred to another department, but in the meantime the best option for her may be to just tell them she has a boyfriend and just ignore. I think ignoring may be the best solution ;)

you know i didn't think of that, mike. but it's true, and it might just be a reality she'll have to deal with for now.

She is hoping to be transferred to another department, but in the meantime the best option for her may be to just tell them she has a boyfriend and just ignore. I think ignoring may be the best solution ;)

No No No, her rights to work in a "hostile free" work envirnonment as defined in title VII of 1967 civil rights act & a multitude of supreme court rulings override the mere fact that she is dealing with "cultural differences"..... laws may have (are) being broken & she has rights

This is not Lethal Weapon guys, where he runs the red light, causes a 5 car accident & says "DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

No No No, her rights to work in a "hostile free" work envirnonment as defined in title VII of 1967 civil rights act & a multitude of supreme court rulings override the mere fact that she is dealing with "cultural differences"..... laws may have (are) being broken & she has rights

This is not Lethal Weapon guys, where he runs the red light, causes a 5 car accident & says "DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Diplomats can't be charged with crimes...

Originally posted by jimk29

these ain't diplomats. they're office workers

and tommy's right. Just as i clarified my previous post, anyone who comes to work in america must adhere to our policies. And things are VERY thin when it comes to harrassment, espec. with the women.

the law is very much on their side, and im going to urge my friend to just ignore it. If these turkey's continue, and she has to warn them they're harrassing her, that's trouble..

http://www.ediplomat.com/main/immunity.htm

Its not that simple..... They do have to abide by our laws & their are steps that are taken (different from US citizens) but poing being there are alternative courses of action

but they being said, i dont even think they are diplomats....

were getting ahead here.... :laugh::laugh:

Abuses of Diplomatic Immunity

Under the Vienna conventions, all persons entitled to immunity have the obligation and duty to respect the laws and regulations of the host country. Immunity is not a license to commit a crime, and violations of the law are not condoned. In the United States, any time a person with immunity is alleged to have committed a crime, the Department of State advises his or her government of the incident and, where prosecution would be the normal procedure, requests a waiver of the alleged offender's immunity so that the case may be heard in the appropriate U.S. court. If immunity is not waived, the Department of State may, in serious cases, order the withdrawal of the offender from the United States. In the case of an offense committed by a member of a diplomat's family, the diplomat and his or her entire family may be expelled. Diplomatic visas of serious offenders are canceled, and their names are entered into a worldwide lookout system to keep them from returning to the United States.

The Department of State's Office of Protocol works with the injured parties and the foreign government to secure restitution in those cases where criminal incidents have resulted in injuries to individuals. The Diplomatic Relations Act of 1978 and related regulations require that before a person with immunity can obtain license plates for a vehicle, he or she must have liability insurance. Anyone injured in an automobile accident by a person with immunity may bring direct action against the vehicle's insurer in U.S. District Court. In addition, diplomats do not have a right to endanger public safety by driving a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or by disregarding the rules of the road. Police stop them and, if they are intoxicated, prevent them from driving. Police issue citations for driving offenses and the Department of State revokes drivers' permits for any persons found to be unsafe drivers or who continually abuse driving regulations. Furthermore, some countries follow the practice of investigating, and, if appropriate, taking legal action against their own diplomats who are accused of breaking a host country's laws.

In those cases where immunity prevents civil suits, the Department of State works to settle the matter and mediates disputes in an effort to find a mutually satisfactory solution.

...For the most part. I think A felonies can, and will be prosecuted.. Parking fines and misdemeanors are usually dropped..Its a fuzzy area, but you can be damn sure if some diplomat beat some girl to death, theyd be prosecuted...

these ain't diplomats. they're office workers

and tommy's right. Just as i clarified my previous post, anyone who comes to work in america must adhere to our policies. And things are VERY thin when it comes to harrassment, espec. with the women.

the law is very much on their side, and im going to urge my friend to just ignore it. If these turkey's continue, and she has to warn them they're harrassing her, that's trouble..

They're just regular office guys? Then they have to adhere to out policies. Someone with diplomatic immunity is supposed to, but if they don't, they can be deported, never let back in, but they can't be charged with crimes. Are you sure they can even be charged with felonies?

..." Law enforcement can pursue diplomats who break the law, with the perpetrators usually deported to their home country for prosecution. "

BASICALLY, BEFORE THEY CAN BE PROSECUTED, YOU WOULD HAVE TO HAVE THEIR DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY REVOKED & THEN YOU CAN PROSECUTE.

REMEMBER LETHAL WEAPON???

Under the Vienna conventions, In the United States, any time a person with immunity is alleged to have committed a crime, the Department of State advises his or her government of the incident and, where prosecution would be the normal procedure, requests a waiver of the alleged offender's immunity so that the case may be heard in the appropriate U.S. court.

BASICALLY, BEFORE THEY CAN BE PROSECUTED, YOU WOULD HAVE TO HAVE THEIR DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY REVOKED & THEN YOU CAN PROSECUTE.

REMEMBER LETHAL WEAPON???

Believe it or not... Lethal Weapon might not be the best thing to base knowledge on.

:D

my friend spoke to a higher up, and he totally understood where she was coming from.

he is going to relocate her to another area in the UN, and advised her that if anything like that happens again, to notify him and he'll approach the individuals who behaved in that manner.

Thank goodness everything is working out for the better.

:)