Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IBIZA: The 20/20 Backlash

Erock2000

Hey all!

After all the recent drama over the Death at Twilo and Danny Tenaglia's rumoured arrest in the Pacific Rim, I found something that will really scare the nightcrawling world.

For those who didn't watch, ABC News "20/20 Downtown" ran a piece on Ibiza, that tiny island off the coast of Spain that rarely shows up on most maps. Virtually all of young Europe vacations there for four months a year and Americans have started to discover it. Ibiza is chock-full of bars & clubs, including some of Europe's largest megaclubs & most glamoruos uberclubs. Naturally "20/20" focused on the drugs, sex & booze that are a part of Ibiza legendary nightlife--and daylife, as it turns out.

When I saw it Monday night, I thought, "Oh, here we go again. First Manhattan, then MiamiDade, now the big bad wolf of Political Correctness reaches across the Atlantic." Next thing you know, the clubs will be shut down by the Spanish Army and replaced with a (gasp!) Starbucks on one plaza, a Walgreens on another and a Gap or A&F in-between.

What else can go wrong for us as nightcrawlers?

------------------

Erick Adam "E-rock" Sanders

• 2 weeks later...

i saw that also erock, it kinda sux the way they made ibiza look. but thats there job, to make something thats good for us look bad to the rest of the world with drugs, alcohol, and sex. but if you think about it this way, its a small island that its all happening at and that all visitors to the island bring it much needed money. yeah ibiza is really blowing up with sex,drugs, and alcohol but thats what you get when you get when you have some megaclubs there 24-7.

It better not get closed down.... the man always manages to shut shit down right before I'm able to take advantage of it.

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gif

"Takin' out the suckas, and they don't know how I did it!!!"

munch.GIF

Archived