Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This is the Bullshit that effects space...

nexusgroove

this type of media sarcastic comments....

I think what really triggered all this shit was the Miami Best Awards... SPACE THE BEST PLACE TO ROLL.. in the new times..

and now I found this in their last paper..]

"Closure

Spaced Out

There once was a place where you could roll your ass off until noon. A wonderful haven for those who couldn't get to sleep, whether they were insomniacs or because they ingested copious amounts of Ecstasy, Space 34 (34 NE 11th St.; 305-375-0001) was the place and from the bottom of every designer drug user's palpitating heart, we'll miss you. The mega-club that signaled a new age for downtrodden downtown nightlife, the joint that had Miami city officials boasting about urban revitalization, the venue that left clubgoers awed with its sheer immensity and its 24-hour liquor license (an admirable clubland accomplishment), are no more -- for now. After a party tonight Space 34 will close its doors, blaming, of course, the media. The club carved quite a notorious nightlife niche thanks to the river of pills that flowed through it, the zombies who would emerge from it, and the subsequent DEA raids in response. But we don't want to remember Space 34 in such a dim light. We prefer to cast a ray of appreciation on the club we endearingly deemed "Best Place to Roll on Ecstasy." Adios, Space 34. -- By Humberto Guida

NEWS TIMES.

""

Guest brwneydtrouble

WTF?!?!?!?! Do these idiots REALLY think that the only reason people went to space was because they coulnd't sleep because they were rolling? That little article deserves a scathing letter to the editor.

Nexus, where can I send a reply to that?

Originally posted by pod

Funny thing is, I met this guy at Space 34.

I was just thinking that...

Maybe he got Kicked out or didn't get the VIP treatment he wanted.

and this article was printed this past friday,,, and he stated..

"After a party tonight Space 34 will close its doors"

wtf.... friday wasn;t the closing party.

dumb ass!

Guest brwneydtrouble

Thanks for the info pod. I am definitely going to write a nasty email to them for that....makes everyone that goes to Space look and sound like a junkie.

Yeah, lets forget about the world class Dj's that play there....:rolleyes:

I have a problem with the entertainment section of the New Times...I have read their articles through the years and never really thought they where all that great...their music reviews are laughable...they're obviously, a bunch of motherfucking nerds who got together to hide behind a heap,trendy, cool fasade...me limpio el culo con el New Times.

Funk

So this Humberto Guida who has written the "best place to roll on ecstacy" thing about Space thing (three times in 3 issues) in the New Times is being quoted by a writer (Shaley Fantz) of the Miami Herald in a drug law article that mentions Space34. Check out the 5th sentence down. It says...''It is definitely viewed by people who love electronic music as unfair,'' said Miami Beach resident Humberto Guida, 24, a fan of the music.

Go ahead and tell me there isn't something going on here. I just did a quick search on the web for the guys name and found it. Coincidence??? Or did someone not give him the royal vip media treatment at Space?

Or maybe someone or some club on the beach is stroking him with too much vip treatment?

http://www.mapinc.org/newsssdp/v03/n1385/a02.html

Originally posted by spacious

So this Humberto Guida who has written the "best place to roll on ecstacy" thing about Space thing (three times in 3 issues) in the New Times is being quoted by a writer (Shaley Fantz) of the Miami Herald in a drug law article that mentions Space34. Check out the 5th sentence down. It says...''It is definitely viewed by people who love electronic music as unfair,'' said Miami Beach resident Humberto Guida, 24, a fan of the music.

Go ahead and tell me there isn't something going on here. I just did a quick search on the web for the guys name and found it. Coincidence??? Or did someone not give him the royal vip media treatment at Space?

Or maybe someone or some club on the beach is stroking him with too much vip treatment?

http://www.mapinc.org/newsssdp/v03/n1385/a02.html

eureka.gif

I SMELL FOULPLAY!!!

Originally posted by nexusgroove

this type of media sarcastic comments....

I think what really triggered all this shit was the Miami Best Awards... SPACE THE BEST PLACE TO ROLL.. in the new times..

and now I found this in their last paper..]

"Closure

Spaced Out

There once was a place where you could roll your ass off until noon. A wonderful haven for those who couldn't get to sleep, whether they were insomniacs or because they ingested copious amounts of Ecstasy, Space 34 (34 NE 11th St.; 305-375-0001) was the place and from the bottom of every designer drug user's palpitating heart, we'll miss you. The mega-club that signaled a new age for downtrodden downtown nightlife, the joint that had Miami city officials boasting about urban revitalization, the venue that left clubgoers awed with its sheer immensity and its 24-hour liquor license (an admirable clubland accomplishment), are no more -- for now. After a party tonight Space 34 will close its doors, blaming, of course, the media. The club carved quite a notorious nightlife niche thanks to the river of pills that flowed through it, the zombies who would emerge from it, and the subsequent DEA raids in response. But we don't want to remember Space 34 in such a dim light. We prefer to cast a ray of appreciation on the club we endearingly deemed "Best Place to Roll on Ecstasy." Adios, Space 34. -- By Humberto Guida

NEWS TIMES.

""

Pretty informative

Sounds like he has been there. Done that.

I believe we call those individuals "hypocrites".

OBBY

www.soturecords.com

I think this guy is just pissed off at some past problem with Space. Either he did not get the VIP RED RUG treatment at SPACE or got kicked out by SPACE Security for *violating* one of the SPACE rules (drug user?). He’s like the ugly duckling that never got the attention he wanted so now he cries like a little baby.

Yes. The freedom of speech! But there is a fine line between Speech and Slandering with such sarcastic statements. His articles may have just tampered with 150+ employee’s jobs @ Space. But what does he care, he still keep his poor writing job. I wouldn’t be in shock if he’s a member of this board, I hope he is so he can see how many people he just called “DRUGIESâ€. And putting wrong information on a public paper saying that space closed last Friday giving the people the impression that space is already closed with a BIG PICTURE OF THE SPACE LOGO IN THE ARTICLE.

Don’t click on the link to email him. Copy and paste it to your email program, clicking will cause it to go as spam-linked email.

On another not, I think these paper are a bit outdated as far as some information. If you look in the Street Paper under entertainment, you’ll see space 34 listed with Edgar V and Roland as after-hours Bassline. That’s what I read in this week’s paper.