Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avoiding Hunger at Night

fierydesire

I don't know if this has been posted before. But I have some concerns abt this. Lately I have been waking up and having major cravings for some reason. I can't explain what its due from. I have started working out again as of last month going 5 times a week, sticking to mainly cardio, light lifting and some toning exercises. Don't wanna do heavy lifting as of yet til I remove the excess fat and cut some inches. However I feel as though my workout is being compromised by my late night cravings. I eat well balanced meals throughout the day. Never go to bed entirely on an empty stomach. Yet recently I just wake up and want to eat something. This truly sucks!!!

Furthermore I'm not depressed or really stressed. Rather I'm slightly down about this b/c I feel as though my workout is for nothing. Is there anything I can possibly do to avoid this? Any advice would help . . . :(

Thanx

-Hopeless Middle of the Night Eater:half:

My last meal is either 6:30 or 8 depending on what time I get home. I wake up about 7:20 every morning.

As for a snack before bed it really depends . . . I don't have a set snack. Sometimes I dont have one if I had a late dinner. However tonite I ate at 6:30 so I had a special k bar.

Again It really depends as for my dinner. I can eat chicken, tuna, pasta or even some rice with a few glasses of water. I basically only drink water. I get up sometimes an hour after I go to sleep and I feel refreshed. Its soo weird. Happened again last nite :(. I tried to control it but couldn't so I had some peanuts. I'm seriously thinking about going to the doctor

There is a simple solution to this. Drink a glass of water right before you go to bed. This should help....I guess I should elaborate. The body often mistakes hunger for being dehydrated. So really in the middle of the night you could be dehydrated from your activities during the day. Try it and let me know how it goes. Joker:pint:

Originally posted by teeman555

doing this causes what to happen?

It will cause a insulin spike - and a sugar crash - usually 2 - 3 hours later - which will cause major cravings for carbohydrates.

This is the same feeling that diabetics get and could be a sign of type 2 diabetes.

This could also be caused by pasta - but it should not happen with rice. That is why I asked for specifics.

Also fat intake along with carbs can slow digestion and keep this from happening.

Nautica

I usually keep some low-fat natural PB, low fat cottage cheese, or my personal favorite Muscle Milk protein shake mix.

Usually have any one of these as a snack before bed. They are all low carb/high protein and make a good late night snack, if you get hunger pangs close to bedtime.

Originally posted by elitesnautica

:(

Try taking R-ALA, it should relieve symptons if mild.

Nautica

Really R-ALA can help . . . my grandmother is also diabetic but I didn't link the 2 :confused: I don't know if that could be the cause of what is goin on with my body as of late but maybe I'll take that into consideration

Thanx everyone for all of your input. . . . Oh and I generally do drink water before bed, always keep a bottle next to my bedside

wideskies: I'm not sure about my calorie intake. Right now I want to reduce it a bit . . . .

Originally posted by fierydesire

Really R-ALA can help . . . my grandmother is also diabetic but I didn't link the 2 :confused: I don't know if that could be the cause of what is goin on with my body as of late but maybe I'll take that into consideration

Thanx everyone for all of your input. . . . Oh and I generally do drink water before bed, always keep a bottle next to my bedside

wideskies: I'm not sure about my calorie intake. Right now I want to reduce it a bit . . . .

ALA has been used in Europe to treat mild cases of diabetes for years and years. ALA helps to make your body more insulin sensitive so that your pancrease doesn't have to release so much of it in order to clear sugar from your blood, definately a plus.

Originally posted by xrapturex

thanks ou812...thank you nautica..

One last question....should i get tested for diabetes before I take this stuff? Will it hurt if i DONT have diabetes?

Won't hurt at all, TONS of people are now using while dieting. It's also a very potent anti-oxidant and helps support a healthy liver................and I know how you drink Jill.

Originally posted by fjoker30

There is a simple solution to this. Drink a glass of water right before you go to bed. This should help....I guess I should elaborate. The body often mistakes hunger for being dehydrated. So really in the middle of the night you could be dehydrated from your activities during the day. Try it and let me know how it goes. Joker:pint:

exactly what i was gonna say... even if u need to wake up in the middle of the night to eat... drink a tall glass of water :)

a little fruit snack with some fiber in it is usu my dessert (ie apple), and I don't get hungry until I've slept 8 hours

so this "ou812" has more antioxidants as green tea extract or more?

I'll be sure to check it out, thanks elitesnautica

Originally posted by diabolique007

a little fruit snack with some fiber in it is usu my dessert (ie apple), and I don't get hungry until I've slept 8 hours

so this "ou812" has more antioxidants as green tea extract or more?

I'll be sure to check it out, thanks elitesnautica

ou812 is my screename, Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is what we are talking about, lolololol.

Does it have "more" antioxidants? I'm not sure I understand your question. Does it act differently and is it a more "potent" antioxidant than green tea extract, yes, I believe it is.

Check the thread that nautica posted for more details on it:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=187131