Clubplanet Nightlife Community

..The Power of Rizzo...

phuturephunk

Originally posted by phuturephunk

...I think it matters because the *thought* of him really does embody all that we aspire to as a society... It triggers a reaction in people automatically because, like Tastey said, what we idolize is looking down upon us and sneering at how wholly inadequate we all are in comparison to him.. Because he embodies the epitome of it all...

thats very objective..and also an individual's insecurity plays a role..

i dont idolize celebrities, nor am I insecure..im quite the opposite....hence why I do not agree with you

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by smokesum

thats very objective..and also an individual's insecurity plays a role..

i dont idolize celebrities, nor am I insecure..im quite the opposite....hence why I do not agree with you

..I could tell just by the way you post that you probably aren't addled with insecurities..

...I was speaking from a 'mass mentality' standpoint, and from our candyass MTV, Britney Spears society viewpoint (and the people who buy into it) you have to admit that it would piss people off, no?...

Originally posted by wideskies

i understand that different people have different standards for what they perceive as witty and intelligent. :aright:

...which is why rizzo means something valuable to some, and not much to others...

you didnt seem to understand that 1 page ago..:confused:

as for his 'sharp insults'... since when is insulting someone's appearance witty or intelligent? i would argue that it is the least effective and most childish form of insult -- if you consider insults to have any worth whatsoever.

you didnt seem to understand that 1 page ago..:confused:

hmm.. true...

to clarify, i maintain that insulting someone's appearance is never witty or intelligent, and always childish.

whether someone finds it funny reflects on his or her standards for intelligence and wit, and my statement above reflects my particular standards.

Originally posted by origskeemr

point of the matter is people on this board are very insecure, and there is so much ass kissing that goes on this board.. that people are shocked by his responses. In all honesty if he ever ripped on me I would just laugh and never say anything cause he doesnt know me or anythign about me so why would I give a shit. Everyone takes this message board shit to far because for me its purely entertainment which Rizzo is. TommyArmani was the only one that I saw handle the situation like a "true' person. His responses were all ":laugh: " because you can tell he could give a shit less.

Is there any truth behind Rizzo being Quoth?:confused:

Ummm....when someone dissed your girl on here...didn't you jump on him faster then a pig in shit?

:confused: :confused:

Or was that not you?

Originally posted by phuturephunk

...I was speaking from a 'mass mentality' standpoint, and from our candyass MTV, Britney Spears society viewpoint (and the people who buy into it) you have to admit that it would piss people off, no?...

well just the fact that I initially thought of that viewpoint means that there definately is some truth in that...but like I said (and what you hinted)..its all relative to the individual..but sadly I would apply that theory to the majority of people that post here

hmm.. true...

to clarify, i maintain that insulting someone's appearance is never witty or intelligent, and always childish.

whether someone finds it funny reflects on his or her standards for intelligence and wit, and my statement above reflects my particular standards.

i agree 100%.

why is it funny to make a really nice person feel bad?

Originally posted by somebitch

i agree 100%.

why is it funny to make a really nice person feel bad?

i guess it comes down to, as most people have been saying, the fact that insecure people sometimes resort to insulting other people to take their minds off their own problems. and the people that laugh along with them are participating in the same kind of exercise?...

The only people who find it funny, intelligent, witty & original to hurl insults while hiding behind a fake screen name are consquently the same ones who are "Jealous" or in "admiration" of this Frank Rizzo.

There are allot of intelligent & witty people who dont put others down to put themself up.

Its also of extreme importance to note that it is SOooooooooooooooo easy to make fun of people while hiding behind your anonymity WHILE the subject of your ridicule practically posts thier whole life story, with vivid details of themselves, even including pics of themselves.

Case in point, if a fake screen name starts posting insults about me, theres nothing i can do, being that my posts have given them plenty of Ammo.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

But i actually dont care about this topic at all, i just like debate at times...... :blank::eek::cool:

and the people that laugh along with them are participating in the same kind of exercise?...

so you are saying that everyone that has ever responded to Rizzo with a :laugh: is insecure?? Hogwash!

I think it would be better to say that your sense of humor is just different...not more mature..not more intelligent..just different

face it..and I think the more funny people of this board concur..Rizzo is one funny dude..plain and simply

and like origskeemer said....anyone that takes it to heart..needs to relax...its just a messageboard

and in addition to that..you need to fight your own insecurities

so you are saying that everyone that has ever responded to Rizzo with a :laugh: is insecure?? Hogwash!

actually, i do think that anyone who laughs at jokes that make fun of other people are either reacting to their own insecure feelings, are malicious (but this often comes with insecurity) or are too dumb to realize why jokes like that AREN'T funny. what category do you think most people fall into? probably a combination of the first and the third...

I think it would be better to say that your sense of humor is just different...not more mature..not more intelligent..just different

i agree that my sense of humor is different, but i most admit that i also think it is more mature. i find it strange that you're trying to argue that laughing at other people's misfortune isn't immature, but then again we have different values and i hardly know you at all so i couldn't comment on your upbringing.

face it..and I think the more funny people of this board concur..Rizzo is one funny dude..plain and simply

obviously, this comes down to a matter of opinion that relies on your and my and those other 'funny' people's definition of humor. :)

rizzo is adept at coming up with various unusual insults about people's backgrounds and appearances, but that makes him neither very funny nor very smart in my book. it just makes him determined.

and like origskeemer said....anyone that takes it to heart..needs to relax...its just a messageboard

and in addition to that..you need to fight your own insecurities

indeed it is a messageboard, and if people take to heart what others say about them -- especially anonymous screenname types -- then they've got some work to do on their self-esteems. people's insecurities indeed should be fought offline without the input of rizzo, you, or me.

actually, i do think that anyone who laughs at jokes that make fun of other people are either reacting to their own insecure feelings, are malicious (but this often comes with insecurity) or are too dumb to realize why jokes like that AREN'T funny. what category do you think most people fall into? probably a combination of the first and the third...

i agree that my sense of humor is different, but i most admit that i also think it is more mature. i find it strange that you're trying to argue that laughing at other people's misfortune isn't immature, but then again we have different values and i hardly know you at all so i couldn't comment on your upbringing.

obviously, this comes down to a matter of opinion that relies on your and my and those other 'funny' people's definition of humor. :)

rizzo is adept at coming up with various unusual insults about people's backgrounds and appearances, but that makes him neither very funny nor very smart in my book. it just makes him determined.

indeed it is a messageboard, and if people take to heart what others say about them -- especially anonymous screenname types -- then they've got some work to do on their self-esteems. people's insecurities indeed should be fought offline without the input of rizzo, you, or me.

you cant argue why people find things funny....they just do....just the fact that you are trying to do that undermines this mess of a response..

i think Rizzo really got to you..made you feel like shit...hence all this backlash

you cant argue why people find things funny....they just do....just the fact that you are trying to do that undermines this mess of a response..

i'm afraid you just don't think about things on the same level as i do. i like to take things apart and look at their pieces. the fact that you don't do that when it comes to humor is okay with me. we're different people. :)

i think Rizzo really got to you..made you feel like shit...hence all this backlash

do some research into what rizzo said to me (if you can find it... we didn't exchange many words) and you'll be able to figure out the answer to your above theory.

if you think discussion is always backlash, then i feel for ya. :]

i'm afraid you just don't think about things on the same level as i do. i like to take things apart and look at their pieces. the fact that you don't do that when it comes to humor is okay with me. we're different people. :)

do some research into what rizzo said to me (if you can find it... we didn't exchange many words) and you'll be able to figure out the answer to your above theory.

if you think discussion is always backlash, then i feel for ya. :]

i never said discussion is always backlash :aright:

just in this particular case

Originally posted by spragga25

Ummm....when someone dissed your girl on here...didn't you jump on him faster then a pig in shit?

:confused: :confused:

Or was that not you?

nah it was Fineones girl. Your right I do believe in respect for others, but I dont consider him a real person that posts just entertainment. His character is here to rip on people when everyone knows he's fake, why bother caring.:confused: It's obvious he does it for attention and that everyone gets upset about it so why add fuel to the fire. Like I said before I wouldnt give a shit if he said shit about me cause he doesnt know me and everyone has flaws, so big fuckin deal. You cant fight back so why even bother posting back at him... Just sit back and laugh.

Like the statement you quoted, there is a lot of ass kissing on this board which is cool cause I'm not a dick. However, I'm not gunna say someone is good looking or kiss thier ass just to be nice. I just keep my mouth shut. That is why I find it funny and witty when he rips on people because no one else is like that even if he is fake. I think whoever it is (:confused: ) is a pussy for hiding behind a diff name, but are you gunna do till you find out. NOTHING. So just sit back and laugh it off.

nah it was Fineones girl. Your right I do believe in respect for others, but I dont consider him a real person that posts just entertainment. His character is here to rip on people when everyone knows he's fake, why bother caring.:confused: It's obvious he does it for attention and that everyone gets upset about it so why add fuel to the fire. Like I said before I wouldnt give a shit if he said shit about me cause he doesnt know me and everyone has flaws, so big fuckin deal. You cant fight back so why even bother posting back at him... Just sit back and laugh.

Like the statement you quoted, there is a lot of ass kissing on this board which is cool cause I'm not a dick. However, I'm not gunna say someone is good looking or kiss thier ass just to be nice. I just keep my mouth shut. That is why I find it funny and witty when he rips on people because no one else is like that even if he is fake. I think whoever it is (:confused: ) is a pussy for hiding behind a diff name, but are you gunna do till you find out. NOTHING. So just sit back and laugh it off.

according to wideskies...you're dumb if you laugh it off

Originally posted by somebitch

well i think the fact that sometimes the stuff he says is really fucken funny gets to people. it is not just like he is insulting you he is actually making a joke out of you. i think what bothers people the most is that he does strike at things that people are insecure about. he digs deep at what he thinks people see about themselves and distorts it into drama. i also know he is someone who knows everyone and has met them first hand, that is the only way he could truly find these things, not from a picture. he will insult someones past or just physical bullshit but he knows a lot about people which leads me to believe he is someone who acts cool when they are around you but turns around and talks shit under a phony name because he is really a pussy. i dunno, i could care less & i hope this response doesnt get anyone angry.

i honestly think he is a two-faced prick who has no dick. i dont know if that is his issue but it quite possibly could be. maybe his issue is just being undesireable or maybe it is the way he was treated growing up. whatever it is, i guarantee there is something there and everytime he is hateful he is really crying out for that tiny bit of self worth he gets from the satisfaction of knowing that for one second of time he feels better than someone. it is actually kinda sad...

Agreed...

according to wideskies...you're dumb if you laugh it off

Well then I'm ignorant because I find it humorous.

Just for everyone who is taking him serious... I'm not a dick, insecure, or big on pop life (its entertainment like Rizzo I watch for amusement). I just find him funny and I even find it funnier that you guys really get hurt by him. I dont think he's a shame I think you guys are the shame for actually thinking everyone in this life is nice. :shakes head: sorry but it my way of thinking.

Well then I'm ignorant because I find it humorous.

Just for everyone who is taking him serious... I'm not a dick, insecure, or big on pop life (its entertainment like Rizzo I watch for amusement). I just find him funny and I even find it funnier that you guys really get hurt by him. I dont think he's a shame I think you guys are the shame for actually thinking everyone in this life is nice. :shakes head: sorry but it my way of thinking.

.agreed