Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the deal with that Macintosh that looks like a toaster?

artful

• 2 weeks later...

Sure, I know lots about it... It's a damn fine computer. It's a 450 Mhz G4 Macintosh processor - faster than just about any Pentium 3 out there. Comes standard with a 20 gig hard drive, 64 megs of ram, modem, ethernet, DVD, 3D graphics acceleration, fire wire, Apple's cool new optical mouse and more. Sounds like I'm a salesman for the thing... I like 'em. Oh, forgot - they look damn cool too! only problem is that especially with the internet booming, there's a lag for stuff to get developed for Macintosh. Most of the good games are on PC and Mac, but it's a pain using older versions of software for my Mac than on my PC. It's a lot more stable than PC's though. I never get crashes, but that blue screen of death comes up all the time on my PC! Check out www.apple.com if you want more info. L8r

• 3 weeks later...

grgflsh.gif Although the g-4 cube from mac is really nice looking..if you want to make a better investment get the reg G-4 minitower case..you get the option of the extra pci slots to install periferals and u get the easy access of the side door that opens easily to reveal the motherboard. This will enable you to install ram easily or add a sound card like the audiomedia 3 or install extra hardrives..etc. I have the minitower myself and can attest its probobly the best computer made in its price range. As far as software Mac may not have the amount of titles existing in the pc world but 70 percent of those PC titles are crud anyway and when comparing programs that run on either Mac or windows users will almost allways notice that the Macintosh versions of these programs run faster and are more elegant than thier PC Counterparts..ie - for example the G-4 runs graphics and binary floting point executions 3 times faster than the Pentium versions on the PC. PC Magazine tests show that the 450 G-4 is faster than a 933 P3 or a 1 Gig athlon. And I dont even want to compare the NEW DUAL processor G-4's - 2 G4 CHIPS !!...BOOOM..monster execution..keep an eye out for Apples new UNIX based OS - OS X..peace Greg

[This message has been edited by greg_white (edited 10-17-2000).]

Archived