Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Losing weight

Originally posted by euphoricgirl

Tips...?>

I am 5'5 117lbs but I want to lose my stomach :(

key to loosing weight is diet and cardio like someone said. doing abs will not make you loose your stomach but will actually make it grow from the muscle. So it depends on what you want and BTW your weight seems fine to me.

you ideal weight sould be 125.

5" is 100lbs

every inch after that is 5lbs.

if you can swim, it will do wonders. using the kickboard at the pool. the trick is to hold the board at the end so you are not leaning on it. this will focus the stomach area.

Originally posted by crowina

you ideal weight sould be 125.

5" is 100lbs

every inch after that is 5lbs.

I wouldn't go by that at all... it doesn't take a person's frame or musculature into account. If I weighed what I "should" according to that guide... I would be quite underweight.

hey,

i'm about the same - 5'5" and 112 - 115 lbs. i don't think i need to lose weight and the same applies to you. i think you just need to tone up.

i highly recommend Pilates, low impact exercising and it focuses on your abs. i also think running helps, but i think that running is more psychological for me. once the endorphins kick in, i feel much lighter, skinnier and in shape so do whatever makes you feel good.

Atkins is great... many people have the misconception that it means absolutely NOCARBS... but it isn't like that (after the first 2 weeks). Lower your carbs and walk or run. I do suggest doing crunches... just make sure you are doing them correctly. People do all these really complicated advanced exercises. Nothing like crunches, sit-ups, jumping jacks to get you going and you can do them anytime and anywhere.

If you are looking for a good workout video, try www.Zumba.com. It's great AND a lot of fun. Good Luck!

Originally posted by SFsuperstar

this is what i do... i don't know if it works for everyone. i don't eat dinner. just some crackers or cheese its that s it. eat pretty healthy in the day and no snacks ever except on weekends or special occasions.

Skipping meals, besides being unhealthy, also slows down your metabolism.

Originally posted by nybeauty

why is this in the fashion board? anyways i recommend pilates, i've seen people who have lost a lot of weight and is very toned....i need to find a place to take these damn pilates classes

I have the Windsor Pilates tapes and they are really good- they have tapes for everything. I really like the bun & thigh tape and the abs tape. Defintiely a good investment.

Originally posted by lollib

I have the Windsor Pilates tapes and they are really good- they have tapes for everything. I really like the bun & thigh tape and the abs tape. Defintiely a good investment.

i would think is best to go to a class where theres a instructor who can tell if you're doing it right or wrong, but i guess im wrong