Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Losing weight

Guest shortyrockrox

IMO the best way to tone up your stomach is to do a combo of cardio/pilates and/or kickboxing and stick to a low fat diet. If you find yourself hungry throughout the day eat, but eat small portions of stuff that is healthy. Also try not to eat after like 7pm.

P.S. the atkins diet probably wouldn't be beneficial to you because you aren't overweight, you just want to tone. I am 5'1 and weigh 110 lbs, and when I asked my doctor about atkins, he told me that since I wasn't "overweight", I wouldn't get any dramatic results, and I would be at a high risk for actually gaining weight on the diet due to the allowable amount of fat intake.:)

Good luck with whatever you decide;)

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

Does anyone know where I can get those Windsor Pilates videos?? I dont want to order online...does any chain store carry them that anyone knows of??

i just ordered mine and last night was my 1st night using it!! its so damn hard but i love it! i believe there's a store on 5th ave near the yankee club house which is on 35 or 36 st i think

Originally posted by nybeauty

i just ordered mine and last night was my 1st night using it!! its so damn hard but i love it! i believe there's a store on 5th ave near the yankee club house which is on 35 or 36 st i think

How much was it??

Also : If i really dont want to lose weight but just want the tummy gone which diet is best (not necessarily a diet but what foods should i avoid?)

Thanx!

Yeah the key to losing your stomach is cardio (running, etc) to lose the excess fat, and abs work to tone up the stomach muscles. Getting in the habit of sucking it in(good posture) also helps. If you work in an office spend a few minutes each day sucking in as much as you can, holding it for 10 seconds, and letting it out. Do it a few times. Changing your diet isn't going to help. I've seen bony girls with a tummy. Salad and a water please. Boo that.

Atkins is an awful diet. People who are on it don't realize the controversy behind it. Carbs are an important part of your diet and if you take them away you can never bring them back unless you're willing to put on many many lbs. Reduce your carb intake at night though and track it through out the day like fat.

But like i said, diet is no substitute for exercise especially since exercise makes you feel better and you benefit from it for the rest of your life. Body and Mind.

Edit: From what I've heard, when you lose the carbs your body has to get what it loses from your body fat and that's how you lose weight. But after the fat is gone, your body has no source for these nutrients. I consider it an unhealthy way to lose weight.