Clubplanet Nightlife Community

House music tonight @ Swizyl

Originally posted by lauren348

www.njdivas.com

:laugh:

Swizyl..hmmmm.... isn't this the place across from the cemetary that has no lights, two speakers, broken cd player, and expected us to do all their promotions and then complained they didn't have money to pay us because we couldn't bring a posse in there 4 days after meeting with the owners? After we brought in additional sound, lighting and fog with our own money?? :laugh:

Swizyl...the place no one even heard of b4 we started advertising your sorry asses.... :laugh:

...and not to put certain dj's on blast, but I heard that "house music" that was playing the first time I got there. If anyone from these boards actually go there (and we're not there) believe me...they'll never be back!

oh yeah....Mia if this is you trying to post under a different name, you're right...we aren't real promoters... we're CLUBBERS THAT PROMOTE GOOD SPOTS. We said we'd ASSIST in your promotions....not do everything for your asses! If you need promoters (which you surely do) PAY FOR A PROMOTER!

Please ...stop advertsing on here until you guys put money in that place! :laugh:

HSP

www.hotspotpromos.com

:cool:

First of all there is no problem with being across from the cementary are you going there to look at the headstone or to party.

Second the DJ system works fine and there is lights and fog in the place that is supplied by the owners.

Third you where hired to be a promoter and DJ. You claimed you could bring in people so the owners left it in your hands. Did you really think you could bring people in with your HOME MADE FLYERS, guess not because you bought NO ONE in.

Wasn't Sandra(your wife) also putting decorations on the wall without even asking the owners first , TACKY TACKY TACKY.

The real reason stay on your computer trying to trash these ladies is because you know it's a hot spot and their is a major buzz about Swizyl(before you even come about).Aren't you suppose to be out there trying to make money.Why are you hating on them because they fired your sorry ass, wanna be promoter. I have been there every Saturday since it open and it was a jump off until you where given that night.

Oh by the way while your spining your corny cd's your drunk wife kept giving excuses for your failure that night.

Also get a real website

First of all there is no problem with being across from the cementary are you going there to look at the headstone or to party.

HSP RESPONSE - yeah....actually agree with you there...if it's a good enough place...don't matter.

Second the DJ system works fine and there is lights and fog in the place that is supplied by the owners.

HSP RESPONSE - please.... those drugs you must be doing are affecting your mind! Everytime we went in there, no lights..no fog! We paid a person from CP to bring them in there for us because it was like a dark abyss w/o them. DJ system fine? Please....your own manager said there was a problem with the cd player (never mind the fact the 1200's weren't even working. The output was so low you couldn't even use them!

Third you where hired to be a promoter and DJ. You claimed you could bring in people so the owners left it in your hands. Did you really think you could bring people in with your HOME MADE FLYERS, guess not because you bought NO ONE in.

HSP response - yeah..babe, look at your contract. DJ and ASSISTANCE in promotions. Don't let me put you on blast and post the contract online for everyone to see! Yeah, homemade flyers because the owners are too CHEAP to print them themselves. To talk to us on a Tuesday and expect people to roll in by Saturday (with SoundGarden right down the street)??? We even told you we'd try but couldn't promise anything.

Wasn't Sandra(your wife) also putting decorations on the wall without even asking the owners first , TACKY TACKY TACKY.

HSP response - Yeah...trying to liven up that dark place with no atmosphere. Why should she ask the owners? You guys don't know what you're doing anyway!

The real reason stay on your computer trying to trash these ladies is because you know it's a hot spot and their is a major buzz about Swizyl(before you even come about).Aren't you suppose to be out there trying to make money.Why are you hating on them because they fired your sorry ass, wanna be promoter. I have been there every Saturday since it open and it was a jump off until you where given that night.

HSP response - :laugh: OH MY GOD...A HOTSPOT?!?! FIRED OUR ASS???? Please! We didn't even want to come back, until you called us saying give it more time. The only time you didn't want us back is when you read the thread on CP where you guys didn't have $$$ to pay us? I see I had money to pay my light guy...money to pay for those "homemade flyers" to advertise your spot because you're too cheap to have them printed.

Oh by the way while your spining your corny cd's your drunk wife kept giving excuses for your failure that night. -

HSP response - Yeah...spinning my corny cd's because your 1200's weren't working! ...and my corny cd's were the best music that place have ever heard! No one's gonna believe you now because everyone who KNOWS me knows that I def have skills. PLEASE! ...and yeah...my wife was drunk, because she couldn't put up with that bad place sober! :laugh:

Also get a real website

HSP response... Oh...you mean the website that allows me to pay the bills, advertise all over the internet, go to Brazil every 4 months to spin, etc. etc. Let me see... www.hotspotpromos.com or your website.... please, stop embarrasing yourself.

And by the way, stop with the harrasing phone calls. I'm not going to pick up the phone to hear you cry about how I'm bad talking you. I am taking any mention of your club off the site. I refuse to comment on your place anymore. Why? Because you and your club my dear .. are a joke! Now go try to make some money! :laugh:

Oh...and by the way.... If this place was such a "jumpoff" before we came, why in the world would you CONTACT US to help your sorry club. We didn't go to you...you came to us!

Your own employees were complaining about how empty the place was. Please stop frontin':laugh:

anyone that doesn't believe us, talk to one of their employees!

HSP

www.hotspotpromos.com

couple weeks ago, (first night of saturdays) i stopped by there for couple of drinks before sound garden, and i also wanted to see the place. it was around 11:30 pm.

there was 7 people in the place.(they had 9 with me and my friend).

i think this can only be caused by a bad promotion.

just my opinion...

Originally posted by axel-a-promos

couple weeks ago, (first night of saturdays) i stopped by there for couple of drinks before sound garden, and i also wanted to see the place. it was around 11:30 pm.

there was 7 people in the place.(they had 9 with me and my friend).

i think this can only be caused by a bad promotion.

just my opinion...

yeah...must have been the Saturday that was as she previously stated...."the jump off". :rolleyes:

We were there last week(and as everyone knows we tried to spread the word about it)but it was pretty empty as well. As everyone knows though,

a)once a place gets a rep as an empty place with whack dj's (like she told me, the last one they fired because he drank too much....probably because he didn't have anything else to do) no one wants to come back... no matter how much promotion.

B) Even some "big name" promoters on this board didn't want to mess with this venue when I called them about promoting (now I know why).

c)I have never bad mouthed a club in a public forum for all my years in the biz(over 13 years). The only reason this place is on blast is that the owner keeps running her mouth, leaving nasty phone messages, and to come back to the beginning of the story.... DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY HER BILLS THAT NIGHT!....there's just no excuse. I spend crazy $$$ advertising on the net...but always manage to pay all dancers, dj's etc. the same night they work.

I actually feel bad for the one girl who runs it (not the owner). She's actually a nice person which is the original reason we tried to help out. Once the other one got involved though....

ugh....I'm tired of even talking bout this place!

One thing though... the girl who runs the place, all the employees and especially the manager Frank are mad cool peeps! I actually hope they do get people in the place for the sake of these people because they (like everyone else) have bills to pay. Unfortunately, they got caught in the middle of an owner with a big mouth and someone that does not tolerate bs from anyone... that's me!

DO

HSP

http://www.hotspotpromos.com/oasis

This is the last time we as the managers @ Swizyl will reply to this Derek O.

We are not going to be ghetto as Derek has been about this situation.

This place has been opened since September and has been doing well.We have many good promoters and the only night we try new promoters is on Sat. and that how Derek O came about.

Derrick O was paid for his night of services even though he did not do his part of the deal. We were very upset that we did wasted a night and money with Derek O and that is how this bad mouthing got started.

I don't understand why he would keep lying about the situation.

The post that Derek O replied to about the guy that came in on the dead Saturday,that was Derek O's night he was referring too.

For the clubbers, to find out exactly what we are about just come through. Do not believe everything that is posted since people will do about anything to promote themselves for free.

This is the last time we as the managers @ Swizyl will reply to this Derek O.

We are not going to be ghetto as Derek has been about this situation.

This place has been opened since September and has been doing well.We have many good promoters and the only night we try new promoters is on Sat. and that how Derek O came about.

Derrick O was paid for his night of services even though he did not do his part of the deal. We were very upset that we did wasted a night and money with Derek O and that is how this bad mouthing got started.

I don't understand why he would keep lying about the situation.

The post that Derek O replied to about the guy that came in on the dead Saturday,that was Derek O's night he was referring too.

For the clubbers, to find out exactly what we are about just come through. Do not believe everything that is posted since people will do about anything to promote themselves for free.

Feel free to end this when you want Mia. We can put on a nice show for the whole world to see. Or you can accept the fact that you made a mistake and let it go.

Since you like bringing my name up so often associated with lies... the contract is enclosed (yeah people...simple and to the point).

Check the payment amount... $500 with $100 kicked back if you didn't break even. I was paid $300....ON MONDAY...not Saturday.

That's a little more than what a dj normally gets paid. In addition, I paid $100 up front for someone to bring in lights and a smoke machine to your place because you have none. $200 for all this bs... oh yeah, I learned a valuable lesson. No more dealing with small operations who don't advertise their own business.

Notice services clause... dj w/ASSISTANCE with promotions. YOUR bad night was not my responsibility. Look in the dictionary and see what ASSISTANCE means. You need to either promote your place or hire promoters to pack your club (oh I forgot... it's packed all the time).

You're the club owner....where was your promotion:confused:

...and believe me sweetie, I do not need to promote myself for free. Unlike SOME people, I spend $$$ advertising my Fire & Ice business on the web. Which is why I can go where I want, when I want and not be tied down listening to an ass give me orders all day for a living.

You should be happy by now. This thread is probably the most advertisement your place has gotten since it opened.

You're not going to win this. Either you can let this go, or we can keep it going... your choice. And believe me... you have not seen me get ghetto yet.

Your move...

Derek O

HSP

www.hotspotpromos.com

DEREK, LET ME EXPLAIN SOMETHING TO YOU. I AM TOO BUSY WORKING, BOOKING EVENTS FOR MY VENUE (CASE IN POINT A MOVIE PREMIERE FOR "SECRET INDICTMENT"- A MAVERICK ENTERTAINMENT & 4 HILLS ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCTION, FOLLOWED BY THE AFTERPARTY FRIDAY OCTOBER 17,2003 @ SWIZYL) TO BE WORRIED ABOUT SENDING YOU MESSAGES ON A MESSAGE BOARD. SO NO IT HAS NOT BEEN ME WRITING OR CALLING YOU. BUT BECAUSE YOU FEEL THAT MY VENUE IS THAT IMPORTANT THAT FOR THE PAST WEEK YOU HAVE BEEN WRITING ABOUT NOTHING ELSE BUT SWIZYL, (IF YOU WERE A REAL MAN I WOULD BE FLATTERED)I WILL RESPOND FOR THE FIRST AND LAST TIME

I WANT TO GET ONE THING CLEAR ABOUT THIS SO CALLED CONTRACT, IS MY SIGNATURE ON IT? OH NO YOU ARE RIGHT IT'S NOT, I WOULD NEVER SIGN A CONTRACT WITH SOMEBODY I NEVER HEARD OF, OR NEVER BEEN TO CHECK OUT AN EVENT THAT THEY WERE APART OF. YOU SHOULD CONDIDER YOURSELF LUCKY THAT YOU EVEN GOT A CHANCE TO STEP FOOT THROUGH OUR DOOR TO DO ANYTHING ON A SATURDAY NIGHT. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA THAT YOU ARE ONE OF MANY PEOPLE THAT WANT TO WORK THIS PLACE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT. WE TRIED YOU OUT, I CAME THAT SATURDAY TO SEE WHAT YOU COULD PRODUCE AND CONSIDERING IT WAS ONLY ONE PERSON, THAT BEING YOUR WIFE I WAS NOT HAPPY. I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ACTUALLY TURNED DOWN A REAL PROMOTER FOR YOU. HOW HEARTBREAKING, ESPECIALLY SINCE OUR EVENTS COORDINATOR WANTED TO HELP YOU OUT AS WELL BY PUTTING YOU ON OUR NEW FLYERS THAT IS EVEN MORE HEARTBREAKING. AS FOR THE COMMENT ABOUT US BEING TO CHEAP TO PRINT OUR OWN FLYERS, WE HAVE PRINTED NEW FLYERS EVERY WEEK, AND THE EVENTS COORDINATOR WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT BY PUTTING YOUR NAME AND WEBSITE ON OUR FLYERS AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO.

TELLING LIES ON A PUBLIC MESSAGEBOARD.YOU HAVE CONTRADICTED YOUR SELF MANY TIMES AS I READ YOUR MESSAGES. BEFORE YOU WERE FIRED YOU WERE COMPLIMENTING THE DESIGN OF SWIZYL EXPLAINING IT TO BE TRENDY AND COZY WITH THE SOHO VIBE BUT NOW YOU SAY THAT IT HAS NO ATMOSPHERE! THATS TO BE EXPECTED, I AM SURE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN FIRED BEFORE, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE TAKING IT SO HARD. LISTEN IF YOU REALLY NEED A JOB I COULD USE AN EXTRA GUY TO WASH THE DISHES AROUND HERE.BUT BACK TO BUSINESS

I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU BUT JUST FOR THE RECORD DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE WANTING TO PROMOTE HERE. IN FACT I AM GLAD THAT YOU DID POORLY HERE BECAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE TIED UP 3 SATURDAY NIGHTS WITH YOUR BULLSHIT, NOW WE HAVE REAL PROMOTERS THAT HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE CHANCE TO JUMP ON OUR SATURDAY NIGHT. OF COURSE WE NEED PROMOTERS WE HAVE ONLY BEEN OPEN 7 WEEKS AND ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY.

AS FAR AS NOT HAVING THE MONEY TO PAY YOU, DIDN'T YOU APOLOGIZED FOR THE TURN OUT AND LOWERED YOUR OWN PRICE TO $300 ARE YOU KIDDING ME. YOU WANTED TO LEAVE BEFORE YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO SO FOR THAT YOU DON'T GET CASH. WE ATTEMPTED TO PAY YOU BY CREDIT CARD BUT YOUR GHETTO CREDIT CARD MACHINE WASN'T WORKING. IF YOUR WEBSITE ALLOWS YOU TO PAY BILLS AND GO TO BRAZIL EVERY 4 MONTHS THEN WHY DID YOU CALL ME ON A SUNDAY MORNING TELLING ME THAT YOUR CHECKS ARE BOUNCING AND YOU NEED TO PUT CASH IN YOUR ACCOUNT BY MONDAY. I TOLD YOU TO COME TO THE RESTAURANT TO PICK UP THE CASH. WHY ARE YOU TELLING THESE PEOPLE LIES.

AS FAR AS MY EMPLOYEES COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW DEAD IT WAS I WONDER WHY?! THE SATURDAY BEFORE YOU SHOWED UP THEY WERE MAKING MONEY!!!

AGAIN PLEASE DON'T EMBARRASS ME ABOUT CALLING YOU LEAVING YOU HARASSING PHONE CALLS I ONLY CALLED YOU ONE TIME BECAUSE I WANTED TO TAKE THE PLEASURE IN FIRING YOU MYSELF!!

WHAT NICE SHOW AM I PUTTING ON DEREK? I HAVE NO IDEA WHY YOU ARE TRYING TO TRASH SWIZYL, YOU NEED TO STOP WASTING YOUR TIME BECAUSE OUR BUSINESS IS ONLY GETTING BETTER, I HAVE SPOKEN TO MANY DIFFERENT PROMOTERS AND CLUB OWNERS AND NONE OF THEM HAVE HEARD OF YOU! EXCEPT FOR ONE THAT SAID SOME PRETTY AWFUL THINGS BUT UNLIKE YOU I DON'T NEED TO TRASH YOU ON A PUBLIC FORUM TO TRY TO MAKE A POINT. I DON'T CARE ENOUGH ABOUT YOU.

AS FAR AS THE SMOKE MACHINE AND FOG. THAT WAS YOUR DESISION TO BRING THAT IN, THIS IS A LOUNGE (WITH DANCEFLOOR)NOT A NIGHTCLUB. I DON'T KNOW WHAT GIVES YOU THE IMPRESSION THAT THERE IS A WAR GOING BETWEEN YOU AND MYSELF, YOU DON'T EVEN EXIST TO ME.

LET ME GIVE YOU SOME SOUND ADVICE. YOU CAN POST MESSAGES ALL DAY LONG ABOUT SWIZYL SINCE YOU MUST NOT HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO BUT I NEVER HAVE SEEN SUCH A SPITEFUL PERSON,I AM SORRY THAT WE HAD TO FIRE YOU, YOU JUST WEREN'T WHAT THIS VENUE WAS LOOKING FOR, PICK UP YOUR CHIN KID IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!

PEACE

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR "BUSINESS" (AND PEOPLE SKILLS)

MIA

SWIZYL

Check it out.. First, I just signed up to this board finally after viewing this post. An honestly I would love to comment... So here goes with my 2 Cents...

: FYI : I have done events in just about every major city in the US (including NYC). I am not using my real companies name cause I want to avoid any slander against my business. And when I say I did events they weren't house parties or things like that. Stadium Shows, Festivals, Club Events and roughly 5000 person one-off's, with the exception of 2 sold out 20,000 person events..

Time and time again I have seen similar posts like these. I have had a couple like this against my company by angry or jealous people / promoters. You know what shut one up in particular?? When I sued them for Slander... Yup, as far out as it might seem, I did it. There mouths shut up once the certified letter hit there mail box from my lawyer. Then they stopped doing business completely after they had to pay my company a nice little fee for there actions. I have to tell you, I never saw their faces again... or heard of them again.

So the best thing I would say is to just shut up. If you think you are owed money. Then just sue for it. That is if you have a signed contract. If you don't have a signed contract then it's your own fault. And don't talk smack about anyones business cause you could get sued.

I wish I still lived on the east coast cause I would have prevented this entire thing. You know how? My company would have done the promotions.. and they would have been done correctly | Period |

Cheers

-S