Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Red Sox Suxxxxxxxxx

factory156

Pedro's gonna get rocked today!!

Did that pussy Damon take his fucking tampon off yet ??

Missed 2 games from a black eye?

Rocket should throw at him if he plays today just because he's a pussy.

They should change the uniforms to TUTU's for the sox, bunch of homos !!!

your fuckin dumb

jeter wishes he could be nomar jeter might be the most over rated player in the al

manny and ortiz fat hahaha look at giambi he's so fat they wont let him play first base because his fat fuckin ass cant move and nick johnson is'nt exactly slim there i wont even get into david wells

and don zimmer why is this guy still around someone needs to send him on his way he's lucky pedro didnt go after him after he knocked him down he's just as fat as giambi

fuck the yankees

Originally posted by blumpkin

your fuckin dumb

jeter wishes he could be nomar jeter might be the most over rated player in the al

I have to give props to Nomar as a good shortstop, but if being great is measured by CHAMPIONSHIPS then you cant compare. I guess 4 World Series championships does make him over rated. :blown: :blown:

your fuckin dumb

manny and ortiz fat hahaha look at giambi he's so fat they wont let him play first base because his fat fuckin ass cant move and nick johnson is'nt exactly slim there i wont even get into david wells

and don zimmer why is this guy still around someone needs to send him on his way he's lucky pedro didnt go after him after he knocked him down he's just as fat as giambi

fuck the yankees

You forgot to mention that the sox LOST on saturday.

BTW nomar cant wipe jeters ass buddy

jeter might be the 4th best shortstop in the al

nomar

tejada

a-rod

not in that order but all far better then jeter

The crack must be really good in boston... get off it kid!!

Compare the stats starting with lets see......

How may world series has nomar won........ 0

who has a higher batting average lifetime?? Jeter

Homeruns. Jeter

Fewer errors. Jeter

On base and slugging % Jeter JEter Jeter.

NO MAR is NOBODY

Ya hump

plain and simple... the red sox suck. enough said.

Manny is so lucky that he got held back because Roger would of gave him the biggest beat down in his life. Not to mention Pedro who has just been announced on the radio that he has been spotted in gay bars. fucking queer.

Hey carguy you should check your facts before you open the shit dispencer you call your mouth:

lifetime average

jeter .317

nomar .323

Homeruns

jeter 127

nomar 173

slugging %

jeter .462

nomar .555

Rbi

jeter 615

nomar 669

He did beat nomar in one thing

Strike outs

jeter 873

nomar 390

And jeter broke into the league in 95 and nomar in 96. So he has a year on him.

nice try though

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by jtk4

Hey carguy you should check your facts before you open the shit dispencer you call your mouth:

lifetime average

jeter .317

nomar .323

Homeruns

jeter 127

nomar 173

slugging %

jeter .462

nomar .555

Rbi

jeter 615

nomar 669

Strike outs

jeter 873

nomar 390

nice try though

Jeter - 4 rings

Nomar - 0 rings... and a team that dis'd him!

Shane spencer- 1 ring

barry bonds- no rings

So shane spencer is better?

chuck knoblauch- 4 rings

ernie banks- 0 rings

knobby is better, right?

Come on now.

Count the stats when they count MOST, in the postseason. There hasnt been a better clutch postseason hitter than Jeters in many years. He has more postseason hits than anyone in the history of baseball. Where was Nomar last postseason?

Enough said.

Dont get me wrong I think Nomar is a great player, but there is more to the game than the stats you listed. I can understand why Sox fans are so bitter though, carry on.

ok then how about this.

If nomar was on the yankees he would have 4 rings and if jeter was on the red sox he would have none. One person does not and can not produce enough to win a series by themselves.

So now that that is out of the way nomar has better stats.

He also , even after last years playoffs, he is batting .323 in the playoffs.

You know what jeter is batting in the playoffs .314. Jeter has 123 hits in the playoffs, great, 32 were xtra base hits.That means that he hit 91 singles. Really tearing the the ball up. Coming through in the clutch he has 33 rbis in 99 games(392 at bats). AWsome numbers way to come through.Clutch guy

Nomar has 21 rbi in 25 playoff games(96 at bats).

So what is next? You guys say lots of shit but the numbers really do not back you up. PLease

lifetime average

jeter .317

nomar .323

Homeruns

jeter 127

nomar 173

slugging %

jeter .462

nomar .555

Rbi

jeter 615

nomar 669

Strike outs

jeter 873

nomar 390

nice try though

You know what you did? You probably went somewhere like baseballreferance.com and found the categories in which Nomar has a slight advantage. But, you left out some very significant stats. Where are the # of BB's SB's, OBP%, oh, and RUNS scored! You want to get back to me on those numbers?

The reason Nomar has an edge in R.B.I''s is because I think he bats third? And, didn't he bat cleanup at some point in his career? I'm not sure. So, obviously with Jeter batting leadoff most of his career and then moving onto second.....It's only fair to assume Nomar would have more ribbeys.

And, you mentioned nothing about defense? Is offense the only way to determine a great player? If Arod wasn't as good as he is defensively he would definitely not be considered the best in the game. Over the last two seasons Jeter has 28 errors compared to that of Nomar who has 45. Jeter has a slightly better FP% as well.

There are many ways to argue this....

jeter might be the 4th best shortstop in the al

nomar

tejada

a-rod

not in that order but all far better then jeter

With a lifetime average of .270, a torrid OBP% and just 3 good years in the MLB, I wouldn't be so quick to put him above Jeter. The guy can't get on base!

All right,

defence is hard because nomar gets to more balls the jeter so we will go with Fielding %.

Nomar .969

jeter.973

Jeter is .004 better.

Nomar had 456 assists last year and 467 the year before,

Jeter had 367 and 271.

Jeter has walked about 182 more times then nomar in his career, but he has also struck out 483 more times. Nomar might take less walks but he is tough to strike out.

Jeter obp is 19 points higher .370 to .389.

but nomar slugging % is 93 points higher .462 to .555

Jeter has more hits (300 or so) and a lot more runs scored (300 or so). nomar can not hit himself in, jeter has been protected in the yankee lineup people could not pitch around him. He has also played in 300 more games and had 1000 more bats. So he should have more runs and hits.

So what other stats do you need? nomar is better just face it.

ok then how about this.

If nomar was on the yankees he would have 4 rings and if jeter was on the red sox he would have none. One person does not and can not produce enough to win a series by themselves.

So now that that is out of the way nomar has better stats.

He also , even after last years playoffs, he is batting .323 in the playoffs.

You know what jeter is batting in the playoffs .314. Jeter has 123 hits in the playoffs, great, 32 were xtra base hits.That means that he hit 91 singles. Really tearing the the ball up. Coming through in the clutch he has 33 rbis in 99 games(392 at bats). AWsome numbers way to come through.Clutch guy

Nomar has 21 rbi in 25 playoff games(96 at bats).

So what is next? You guys say lots of shit but the numbers really do not back you up. PLease

You know, you keep mentioning the whole "r.b.i" thing but you cant seem to figure out why he has such low numbers with a great batting average. It's because he bats leadoff!

All right,

defence is hard because nomar gets to more balls the jeter so we will go with Fielding %.

Nomar .969

jeter.973

Jeter is .004 better.

Nomar had 456 assists last year and 467 the year before,

Jeter had 367 and 271.

Jeter has walked about 182 more times then nomar in his career, but he has also struck out 483 more times. Nomar might take less walks but he is tough to strike out.

Jeter obp is 19 points higher .370 to .389.

but nomar slugging % is 93 points higher .462 to .555

Jeter has more hits (300 or so) and a lot more runs scored (300 or so). nomar can not hit himself in, jeter has been protected in the yankee lineup people could not pitch around him.

So what other stats do you need? nomar is better just face it.

All you just did was recycle everything I posted. You didn't explain anything. But I do like how you try to weasel out and use the "protected lineup" angle. And, we know about the slugging% already, Jesus. Is that all you have to offer? They are two different hitters. Jeter does strikeout more but he also walks alot more. So, in the future let's just refer to OBP%, as it is indicative of the two.

So he is clutch because he hits singles and has other people get him in?

Fine take out rbis and look at average. 314 is good but not great. l

You are so fucking retarded. I can't believe you're not getting it. Jeter IS clutch because he does what he's supposed to!!! Get on base! That's what leadoff hitters do! And then the big bad clean up hitters come up and drive them home! Very simple, really.