Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Red Sox Suxxxxxxxxx

factory156

What would you like me to explain?

Jeter is better because he has 19 points higher obp.

Come on now, i explained why jeter has more runs and hits. He has played more games I am sure if you broke it down they would be close to the same per game.

The defence i explained nomar gets to more balls then (has better range) jeter. So nomar might make an error on a ball that jeter would not of even got to.

Great Jeter bats first in the line up, but that is at the beginning of the game. It is not like the yank lineup sucks and the number 7-8-9 hitters do not get on base. That excuse for rbis is stupid.

Come up with better. I know that it is hard because you have no arguement but, if you dig deep enough you should find something.

:laugh:

Originally posted by dilip

You are so fucking retarded. I can't believe you're not getting it. Jeter IS clutch because he does what he's supposed to!!! Get on base! That's what leadoff hitters do! And then the big bad clean up hitters come up and drive them home! Very simple, really.

Did you read this yet, or are you going to ignore it? Let me try and put this into lehman's terms for you. If two players were both to bat .300. It is only logical to realize that the cleanup hitter will have many more r.b.i than the leadoff man. This is just common sense. How don't you fall down more?

Originally posted by jtk4

All right scoring runs lets see if you do the math, jeter scores .76 runs a game, from the leadoff spot.

Nomar scores .74 runs a game from where ever he bats.

So what is next, i am sorry i am so fucking retarded.

:laugh: :laugh:

You really are, though. Because I'm only following your lead in being technical. I.e: Lifetime Batting average: Jeter .317 Nomar .323 They are in about a statistical deadlock as can be. Everything evens out. Except for the fact that Jeter has been and unrivaled leader in the clubhouse. And all the rings.

Did you read this yet, or are you going to ignore it? Let me try and put this into lehman's terms for you. If two players were both to bat .300. It is only logical to realize that the cleanup hitter will have many more r.b.i than the leadoff man. This is just common sense. How don't you fall down mo

All right so jeter score .02 more runs a game then nomar, and nomar does not bat from the leadoff spot. This is your arguement?

They were shipping him if they had arod. Not just for magglio.

The on base % is about the same , the batting ave is about the same, jeter really does not score more runs the nomar, and nomar beats him in just about every other catagory. What am i missing?

oh the unriveled leader, got ya. I give you that one Nomar does kinda suck with that one.But like I said if nomar was on the yanks he would have the rings.

All right so jeter score .02 more runs a game then nomar, and nomar does not bat from the leadoff spot. This is your arguement?

The on base % is about the same , the batting ave is about the same, jeter really does not score more runs the nomar, and nomar beats him in just about every other catagory. What am i missing?

oh the unriveled leader, got ya. I give you that one Nomar does kinda suck with that one.But like I said if nomar was on the yanks he would have the rings.

You're trying to trivialize the numbers by using decimal points. And, you still haven't mentioned stolen bases. The only things I can think of that Nomar has an edge over Jeter are homers and slugging%. But that's not enough to give Nomar the edge. Let me say something pretty bold right now. Jeter will go to the Hall of Fame. I really don't think Nomar will.

How could you say that and be so sure? Jeter has been the Yankees' leader for years now. How can we be so sure that Nomar would've acted in the same manner Jeter did, thus winning all those rings? How do we know how Nomar would play in New York? One player CAN make all the difference.

Originally posted by dilip

How could you say that and be so sure? Jeter has been the Yankees' leader for years now. How can we be so sure that Nomar would've acted in the same manner Jeter did, thus winning all those rings? How do we know how Nomar would play in New York? One player CAN make all the difference.

Let me just say that I think this only because I believe Nomar is on a downturn in his career.

Good thing it is not up to you.

Trivialize with decimals, they are the numbers. Jeter has more runs because he played more games to make it equal you have to get a ratio to see how many per game. It is the only way to look at numbers like that. When you look at the rbis and hr understand that nomar has had 300 more games and 1000 more at bats. That is a huge number. You can not trivialize that.

Now stolen bases should not count because for a long time the red sox did not run. They really started last year, and oh nomar had more last year.

Also nomar does not lead off so why would he steal. That is what you say about rbi's right. :D .

Jeter probably wil go to the hall but nomars numbers are better. Atleast nomar is the best short stop on his team

Good thing it is not up to you.

Trivialize with decimals, they are the numbers. Jeter has more runs because he played more games to make it equal you have to get a ratio to see how many per game. It is the only way to look at numbers like that. When you look at the rbis and hr understand that nomar has had 300 more games and 1000 more at bats. That is a huge number. You can not trivialize that.

Now stolen bases should not count because for a long time the red sox did not run. They really started last year, and oh nomar had more last year.

Also nomar does not lead off so why would he steal. That is what you say about rbi's right. :D .

Jeter probably wil go to the hall but nomars numbers are better. Atleast nomar is the best short stop on his team

Well, at least the Yankees now have the two best shortstops in the game. I love the way Georgie is willing to spend all this money to embarass the Sox.

Ok arod is the best short stop in the game. Nomar is in the last year of is contract, and turned down the 4 year 60 million dollar offer the sox gave him. The sox said fine and tried to get arod, which is an upgrade. You know the rest.

So in short the red sox were not sure if they could sign nomar so they looked elsewhere.

They want him but, not at 20 million a year.

So dilip, anymore reasons you think jeter is better?

Seeing how you have nothing to back it up with.

oh except him being a leader.

I think boston might be a harder place to play then new york, so nomar , i think, would of put up the same if not better numbers then he has here.

New york there is pressure but not 85 years worth :laugh:

Ok arod is the best short stop in the game. Nomar is in the last year of is contract, and turned down the 4 year 60 million dollar offer the sox gave him. The sox said fine and tried to get arod, which is an upgrade. You know the rest.

So in short the red sox were not sure if they could sign nomar so they looked elsewhere.

They want him but, not at 20 million a year.

So dilip, anymore reasons you think jeter is better?

Seeing how you have nothing to back it up with.

oh except him being a leader.

I think boston might be a harder place to play then new york, so nomar , i think, would of put up the same if not better numbers then he has here.

New york there is pressure but not 85 years worth :laugh:

Everything has been put on the table for you. If you don't understand it by now, you never will.

Yeah, Boston is a harder city to play in, right. The Cubs haven't won it in a million years either. I guess Chicago is also a tougher place to play in than New York?

Oh, and I think we'd agree that the stats all even out except for the homers. True, Nomar has about 50 more home runs than Jeter. Holy cow!

I know that is all you have to say. That is all you have been saying for as long as i can remember.

And nomar has 46 more homeruns in 1000 less at bats. End of story.That is not staggering but it is pretty good.

oh here is some more nomar ops 925 jeter is 851. Xtra base hits 492 to 407. (with 1000 less at bats).

JUst face it he is not as good. Better then tejada, i do not know what that other guy was smoking but not better the nomar.

I know that is all you have to say. That is all you have been saying for as long as i can remember.

And nomar has 46 more homeruns in 1000 less at bats. End of story.That is not staggering but it is pretty good.

oh here is some more nomar ops 925 jeter is 851. Xtra base hits 492 to 407. (with 1000 less at bats).

JUst face it he is not as good. Better then tejada, i do not know what that other guy was smoking but not better the nomar.

I love how some of you Red Sox fans go on and on about the little things, Nomar is better than Jeter, blah blah blah. Our guy has 4 rings having beating your guy a number of times to get there. This season could be one of the games best ever, leave it at that. Sox fans love their guy, Yankees fans love Jeter. End of story but I will say this, Nomar does not make the play Jeter made in the postseason tossing the ball to Posada in time for the tag. There just arent many people in baseball ANYWHERE that make that play. That is what I take from Jeter, respect and love for the game.