Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how do I convert mp3s for a cd?

firegirl

this has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find it. I have a bunch of mp3s I want to burn to a cd for a gift, to be played in a regular cd player. someone told me I need to convert the files to .wav, but Sound Edit doesn't recognize mp3 format. I also want to tweak some of the songs...some end abruptly and I'd like to add a fade, and some are too soft and the sound needs to be boosted.

any info appreciated. thanks!

FireGirl

------------------

nurturing the embers

1) If you only want to convert MP3s to real audio download the free player/recorder @ www.Musicmatch.com

2) If you plan to edit you'll need more software (most of the cool stuff you'll prob. have to pay for) use the trial version of software found at www.sonicfoundry.com / www.mixman.com / www.pcdj.com

Remember, your computer will need a recordable CD drive. (CR-R / CD-RW)

Good Luck ! cwm16.gif

------------------

Peace & Blessings,

B-SIDE

"The DJ From Another Planet"™

• 2 weeks later...

Try Easy CD Pro or find a studio that uses Sound Forge and CD Architect(I do)and get them to do the conversion for you. I charge $35 an hour, probably more elsewhere. There is also some free ware called "Right Click" that does the mp3 to .wav conversion. You should look at the MP3.com web site for software info.....good luck! cwm7.gif

Archived