Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
bigsteve8

Turntable feedback problems

I just put together a new rig in my basement, ghetto starter up rig . . . using stanton st-100 as solo turntable. When the table is going, i hear lightly what's playing, very tinny, emanating from the needle/cartridge. I tried it with a different cartridge, same thing. . . any ideas?

are you talking about a a power whine?(spelling?)...a humming noise? You got to make sure you entire setup goes through the same outlet(mixer,tables,amp,efx box,etc)everything through the same outlet......usually you would use a surge protector... people that have home theater that run there componets to different plugs...even if its just one thing on the setup you will get a power hum...and if you are already doing this make sure the outlet you are using is actually grounded......I got rid of my power whine this way.....also make sure your wires are in good shape....

I dont even know if this is what you are talking about......but ..oh well

1. Make Sure You have the Turntable Wire Ground the third wire coming from the turntable, thats the ground wire make sure that it is connected to the ground port of the mixer or make sure it is attached to a piece of metal not connected to the turntable.

2. (And I think this is the problem) Just make sure you have the turntable input going into a "Phono Line" and not a "Line Input" if your mixer has a selector swich for the inputs (as most do) make sure that you select Phono 1, Phono 2, or in some cases Phono 3

Originally posted by mattm2o

2. (And I think this is the problem) Just make sure you have the turntable input going into a "Phono Line" and not a "Line Input" if your mixer has a selector swich for the inputs (as most do) make sure that you select Phono 1, Phono 2, or in some cases Phono 3

That is probably the problem, also some mixers have a switch in the back of the mixer to change the channel to phono