Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Intimacy...

marcid21

I'm not posting this thread in the dungeons...cause i believe it has more than one meaning.

...anyway...lately I've been having some frightening issues with intimacy. Not sexual intimacy, but... more mental...opening up to my lover and friends as well.

I really feel as tho i'm missing out on some great relationships because of my constant guarded state. I'm also afraid I may be putting certain relationships at risk whenever I go hiding in my shell.

How are you all at dealing with intimacy? Are you ok with being somewhat open and vulnerable....and letting people see the raw deal?

i have the same issues as you and its really hard for me to let my guard down with my friends i am able to let them in and let go of my guarded self but it relationships it takes a long time until i am able to trust and let down my guard. i was worse before but i am slowly starting to make myself become a little more open.

I'm told I'm impossible to get to know. Secretive, difficult, sensitive and private and aloof, and confusing and stubburn and complicated and impossble. However, those that do know me, either say it was worth it. Or understand my idiosyncracies, because I could always rationalize them, if they'd just take the time to listen and inquire.

Seems that whenever my astrological sign is revealed, I get a... "Oh... that explains it" Coincedence? Perhaps. Dunno.

I don't really make it more difficult than it needs to be, but the journey two people share [to intamacy] is as important as the destination [of intimacy].

Do you believe your guarded state is chronic, or the right timing, individual, and situation just hasn't made itself evident?

Would probably need to know you better to make a more substantial assessment, but since that's not what you asked for, I guess it doesn't matter.

Most people who are happy, funny, romantic and such.. intimacy is just a matter of time, and should come rather easily, once you meet your complement. In the mean time, you can keep yourself entertained.