Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Queer as folk Like/Dislike

freshone

cwm6.gif So has anyone seen this new show on showtime. i watched it last night for the first time. I really don't have an opion just yet for the show but it did get my attention. cwm6.gif so what do you guys thank of it or do you even know about the show.

P.S. i didn't know pittsburgh gay scene was so live or is it just the show.

I saw the premier of the show last Sunday. My thoughts are that I like the show. The story line is well written and the characters are very diverse. Unfortunately I missed the one last night! cwm36.gif

Mitchell doesn't really appreciate the show too much. It says it's just a lil' too much "IN YOUR FACE" sorta thing. And since I took over the TV last Sunday . .. it was only fair to let him have is manly Discovery Channel last night. cwm25.gif

But I know they replay the series during the week so I'll catch it then!

My opinion is that if all these soap operas and sitcoms are allowed to have tons of love scenes in them, then so does this show. It's about time they made a sitcom about homosexuality! Stop treating it like a disease and trying to hide it in the closet. Bring it out, let it be known, and you'll see that their love and heart is no different then anyone elses.

BlueAngel

------------------

“Hypocrisy is the lubricant of society." -David Hull angel.gif

I think it's a fantastic show, it's more believable than its straight counterpart "Sex in the City" and the characters are more likeable, well, except for Brian maybe. I say bravo to Showtime for taking such a brave step forward. I'm straight and find it entertaining so I'm wondering what gays think of it??? cwm9.gif

------------------

embot.gif

Just in case...

brianz54@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

I think the show sucks major ass.

Mind you yes it is a slice of gay life whatever, the "Gay Sex in the City," yada yada.... but not every gay male lives that sort of lifestyle. Should have called the show "Chelsea Boys" for that matter. I guarentee you that there are some gay men that have think of cereal when they hear "special K" and have no clue who Junior Vasquez is. The writers will argue.."yeah it glorifies drug use and promiscuity...but so does 'Boogie Nights' and not all straight people are like that. True, but straight people that don't like "Boogie Nights" or "Sex in the City" can change the channel...if we do that what do we have?.. "Will and Grace?"....not necessarily a bad show but what options do we have.... they just want rating so they shoot for sex and shock value...not giving a shit about stereotypes and misconceptions that the gay and lesbian community have been fighting for years.

..queer as......ah fuck it..i stopped watching the show as soon as i saw a guy dive into a G coma.

jsc

Archived