Clubplanet Nightlife Community

One of the best shows... The official Sullivan Room rev

I don't even know where to start.

I have been impressed by DJ/producers shows in the past... but not like this. Last night at Sullivan Room, Tronic Treatment brought in Speedy J (Holland) for a LIVE PA along with Kazu.

When I walked in at 1am, I was blown away by hard progressive tech by Kazu. It was not my first time hearing him, but it felt like it. I have never seen him play the way he did. His track selection was sick. Some of the best tracks were on display last night. The only negative thing I can say about him is his mixing skills are not always clean. The first half of his set was perfect, but as the set progressed, it got a little messy. A skip here and there, ect. I guess it happens. (Only human). At around 1:30 am ish, the lights went out on the main booth and turned over to the other side of Sullivan Room where Speedy J. was getting ready. (I thought that was a crazy idea).

Speedy J. opened with a trip-hop/break beat track. For about 10 minutes, you seen a great display from the crowd (hand in the air screaming) and the energy from our anticipation was rising. There was a long wallowing bass drop and then out of fuckin left field a pounding kick. I was absolutely blown away. Sullivan Room exploded. He went from dirty tech gritty mindfucks into the hardest, most futuristic, progressive, hi tech, amazing, "full speed ahead" tech I have ever heard. I kept repeating the phrase 'holy shit this is fuckin sick' throughout the entire night and totally unable to wipe the smile from ear to ear off my face. All I can say with total sincerity is that the man concentrated on Tech and what Tech should be. At around 3am, my ride was leaving (Alex). It is understandable... he had work at 8am. I was upset, soooooo, I went home and got my brothers can and went back. That’s how fuckin sick it was. I only missed about 30 minutes. When I walked in again around 3:30 and still the level of energy was pumping. The crowd was STILL there and I have never seen that place that packed that no one was able to move or dance. Just a bunch of spectators... standing around in shock. He continued as hard and as aggressive until AFTERHOURS!! Yep, the closed around 4:30am. I was blow away by his skill! It was the best live PA I’ve ever heard.

Totally experimental and harder than I could have ever imagined @ 140bpm. His Build-ups were relentless; his kicks and breakdowns... ridiculous. The man's fuckin brain was a tool that became transparent!! A total inspiration. I’m so glad I didn’t miss this!! We need more venues like this in NYC!!

Personal note: For those of you that check out my stream each week and have shown support... I just wanna say that I finally have some good news as well. (I'll do a separate thread for the promo). I waited for this and tried my hardest, and I guess it paid off. I’ve been handing demos EACH WEEK to Tronic and got some good feedback. None like last night. I was finally asked to play with them. Tomorrow night, Tronic Treatment invited me to tag team with them at Drinkland. My most recent demo and the 2 that I turned in after flattered them. I'm not sure who I will be playing with yet, but I'm gonna call and find out this afternoon. If anyone is interested in checking out the party, email me at DJMelissaNikita@aol.com

Also, Tonight’s stream will be at 9pm (not 8) and will go until 2am.

Originally posted by djmelissanikit

I don't even know where to start.

I have been impressed by DJ/producers shows in the past... but not like this. Last night at Sullivan Room, Tronic Treatment brought in Speedy J (Holland) for a LIVE PA along with Kazu.

When I walked in at 1am, I was blown away by hard progressive tech by Kazu. It was not my first time hearing him, but it felt like it. I have never seen him play the way he did. His track selection was sick. Some of the best tracks were on display last night. The only negative thing I can say about him is his mixing skills are not always clean. The first half of his set was perfect, but as the set progressed, it got a little messy. A skip here and there, ect. I guess it happens. (Only human). At around 1:30 am ish, the lights went out on the main booth and turned over to the other side of Sullivan Room where Speedy J. was getting ready. (I thought that was a crazy idea).

Speedy J. opened with a trip-hop/break beat track. For about 10 minutes, you seen a great display from the crowd (hand in the air screaming) and the energy from our anticipation was rising. There was a long wallowing bass drop and then out of fuckin left field a pounding kick. I was absolutely blown away. Sullivan Room exploded. He went from dirty tech gritty mindfucks into the hardest, most futuristic, progressive, hi tech, amazing, "full speed ahead" tech I have ever heard. I kept repeating the phrase 'holy shit this is fuckin sick' throughout the entire night and totally unable to wipe the smile from ear to ear off my face. All I can say with total sincerity is that the man concentrated on Tech and what Tech should be. At around 3am, my ride was leaving (Alex). It is understandable... he had work at 8am. I was upset, soooooo, I went home and got my brothers can and went back. That’s how fuckin sick it was. I only missed about 30 minutes. When I walked in again around 3:30 and still the level of energy was pumping. The crowd was STILL there and I have never seen that place that packed that no one was able to move or dance. Just a bunch of spectators... standing around in shock. He continued as hard and as aggressive until AFTERHOURS!! Yep, the closed around 4:30am. I was blow away by his skill! It was the best live PA I’ve ever heard.

Totally experimental and harder than I could have ever imagined @ 140bpm. His Build-ups were relentless; his kicks and breakdowns... ridiculous. The man's fuckin brain was a tool that became transparent!! A total inspiration. I’m so glad I didn’t miss this!! We need more venues like this in NYC!!

Personal note: For those of you that check out my stream each week and have shown support... I just wanna say that I finally have some good news as well. (I'll do a separate thread for the promo). I waited for this and tried my hardest, and I guess it paid off. I’ve been handing demos EACH WEEK to Tronic and got some good feedback. None like last night. I was finally asked to play with them. Tomorrow night, Tronic Treatment invited me to tag team with them at Drinkland. My most recent demo and the 2 that I turned in after flattered them. I'm not sure who I will be playing with yet, but I'm gonna call and find out this afternoon. If anyone is interested in checking out the party, email me at DJMelissaNikita@aol.com

Also, Tonight’s stream will be at 9pm (not 8) and will go until 2am.

congrats and yea i wanted to go but fckin 'atp" never called me so i was like fuk it, but im glad you had fun.