Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anybody know a mechanic who .........

bumpdaddy

Uhm... I;m talking about a mechanic at a mercedes dealership.... Got rid of the car already tho... they changed the thermostat, radiator hoses, heater core, radiator and water pump to figure out i had a blown head gasket in my older car (warranty was up three months ago ) .... and my latest adventure with them... the airbags in my 2004 e55amg (1,300 miles on the bitch) went off after hitting a pothole and they told me it wouldn't be covered cuz i have aftermarket wheels and tires... had to shell out 2k for my insurance deductable...

damn that is RIDICULOUS.

airbag sensors are specifically placed to deploy the airbags in the event of an accident, not in the event you hit rough road. I have NEVER heard of someone denying a repair claim because of aftermarket rims deploying airbags.

I would take your car to another dealership or a private mechanic for starters. Dealers almost ALWAYS are the worst when it comes to trying to suck more money out of you.

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

Uhm... I;m talking about a mechanic at a mercedes dealership.... Got rid of the car already tho... they changed the thermostat, radiator hoses, heater core, radiator and water pump to figure out i had a blown head gasket in my older car (warranty was up three months ago ) .... and my latest adventure with them... the airbags in my 2004 e55amg (1,300 miles on the bitch) went off after hitting a pothole and they told me it wouldn't be covered cuz i have aftermarket wheels and tires... had to shell out 2k for my insurance deductable...

try going to Ray Cantena (sp?) in jersey

thats actually where i purchased my new car... but I get my cars serviced in the city since it's more convenient for me to drop off before work and pick up after.....

btw... Ray Catena is probably the best car dealership i've ever dealt with .... they delivered the car to me on a flatbed and sent someone to show me how to work all the gadgets at no charge... They also got my credit approved, registration and NY plates .... car delivered 3 days after i stepped into the showroom... all at 3% above dealer invoice

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

thats actually where i purchased my new car... but I get my cars serviced in the city since it's more convenient for me to drop off before work and pick up after.....

btw... Ray Catena is probably the best car dealership i've ever dealt with .... they delivered the car to me on a flatbed and sent someone to show me how to work all the gadgets at no charge... They also got my credit approved, registration and NY plates .... car delivered 3 days after i stepped into the showroom... all at 3% above dealer invoice

I used them in the past, theyre okay, but not best ive encountered