Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Chris Lewis

Guest djdrip2002

i dont know if u are friends with him or what but are you serious? did you really think he was good because i know he was the opening dj and i dont think i could have heard worse music at that point. Everything from track selection to mixing programming was horrible.

..i am serious and a friend - but that's irrelevant...i'm not alone in what i thought...but whatever man...i heard the whole set and his mixing was on point...he built up the beat count working breaks which is a hard thing to do...you do realize there were 3 opening djs, right?...even though i heard all three openers and they were all clean and solid...i dont think anyone was "horrible" last night...to each his own....since chris checks out the boards, as well as the other djs, why dont you be more specific so maybe they can take something from your opinion...

Guest djdrip2002

well i came in to the breaks mix of enjoy the silence which was ok and then he started playing cheese trance out of nowhere... loweing the music for no reason and then bringing it up at the wrong times.... his mixes werent clean and his progession wasent there..... he was not playing for an opening slot either....all over the place just my opinion

Originally posted by djdrip2002

well i came in to the breaks mix of enjoy the silence which was ok and then he started playing cheese trance out of nowhere... loweing the music for no reason and then bringing it up at the wrong times.... his mixes werent clean and his progession wasent there..... he was not playing for an opening slot either....all over the place just my opinion

bro, you sure you were at roxy? Doesn't sound like it.

Originally posted by djdrip2002

i dont know if u are friends with him or what but are you serious? did you really think he was good because i know he was the opening dj and i dont think i could have heard worse music at that point. Everything from track selection to mixing programming was horrible.

i agree

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported.

Here is the track listing:

1) The Gift - Way Out West

2) Itza Trumpet Thing - Montano vs Trumpet Man

3) The Silence - Mike Koglin

The first twenty minutes were all breaks because I was in the opening slot and given the styles that I play that seemed much more appropriate than beating the few people in the room early in the night over the head with trance or techno.

At this point I shifted gears and started into the set that I had originally planned.

4) Expand The Room - The Light

5) Access - Dj Misjah

6) Breathing - Rank 1 (Push Vocal Mix)

7) Driftwood - Freeloader(Green Martian Mix)

8) Blessin The Funk - Vandalism

9) Changes - Innate

10) As the Rush Comes - Motorcycle (Armin's Universal Religion Mix)

11) Feel High - Resistance D

As for playing cheese, if you define cheese as overplayed commercial music, there really is not anything on that list that fits in that category. There were only two vocal cuts, neither of which are overplayed. "As the Rush Comes" by Motorcycle is getting radio play on mix shows, but it is the Gabriel & Dresden mix that is primarily played, not the mix I played.

The mix of "Breathing" that I played is fresh and was just recently released.

As for any comments about mixing not being on point that is kind of interesting. With the exception of choosing to fade out after "The Silence" in order to change gears (The difference between the that track and the next was over 10 BPM) I don't recall any train wrecks or even the slightest muddiness in the mixes. If anyone can honestly say they heard differently I would love to get that feedback.

It was great to get a compliment from one of the other openers, Danny Woo. To quote him "You were totally on point."

Once again thanks to all who showed their support for me both before, during and after the party. I hope that everyone who got a CD enjoyed it.

Originally posted by laraver

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported.

Here is the track listing:

1) The Gift - Way Out West

2) Itza Trumpet Thing - Montano vs Trumpet Man

3) The Silence - Mike Koglin

The first twenty minutes were all breaks because I was in the opening slot and given the styles that I play that seemed much more appropriate than beating the few people in the room early in the night over the head with trance or techno.

At this point I shifted gears and started into the set that I had originally planned.

4) Expand The Room - The Light

5) Access - Dj Misjah

6) Breathing - Rank 1 (Push Vocal Mix)

7) Driftwood - Freeloader(Green Martian Mix)

8) Blessin The Funk - Vandalism

9) Changes - Innate

10) As the Rush Comes - Motorcycle (Armin's Universal Religion Mix)

11) Feel High - Resistance D

As for playing cheese, if you define cheese as overplayed commercial music, there really is not anything on that list that fits in that category. There were only two vocal cuts, neither of which are overplayed. "As the Rush Comes" by Motorcycle is getting radio play on mix shows, but it is the Gabriel & Dresden mix that is primarily played, not the mix I played.

The mix of "Breathing" that I played is fresh and was just recently released.

As for any comments about mixing not being on point that is kind of interesting. With the exception of choosing to fade out after "The Silence" in order to change gears (The difference between the that track and the next was over 10 BPM) I don't recall any train wrecks or even the slightest muddiness in the mixes. If anyone can honestly say they heard differently I would love to get that feedback.

It was great to get a compliment from one of the other openers, Danny Woo. To quote him "You were totally on point."

Once again thanks to all who showed their support for me both before, during and after the party. I hope that everyone who got a CD enjoyed it.

Chris,

We're looking at a re-broadcast date on mmradio for Sunday October 26th.

Let me know if you need anything from us :)

Peace.