Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Chemical Brothers last night

So I printed out this flier from the Centro Fly website that said you can skip the line and go right in......well apparently the people at the door can't read because they told me and my friend to go onto three different lines and wait. Finally after an hour of being given the run around we left. Does anyone know how it went?

Also.. the table minimum was $500 - is that normal or am I just a broke ass out of college kid who thinks thats fucking crazy?

Originally posted by peaches22

So I printed out this flier from the Centro Fly website that said you can skip the line and go right in......well apparently the people at the door can't read because they told me and my friend to go onto three different lines and wait. Finally after an hour of being given the run around we left. Does anyone know how it went?

i got on line at 10:15 and gave up around midnight. when i left no one was being let in. i think it was a sound system problem or something.

Originally posted by joevibe

are you serious....????

holy shit..that sucks.

:eek:

thats what I thought..

wow ..could you imagine???

I don't think they were supposed to go on til 12 anyway or something.

I made sullivan room and avalon..chemical brothers was giving press a hard time..so I didn't go.

I went to Centro Both for Chem Bros. & for Crystal Method.

Thank God the SOUND IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER NOW!

But I would give the venue 2 more weeks for the Official Reopening. There is still some decoration to be done.

Sets on both nights were fun and and definitely eclectic. I'm looking forward to GBH nights on Saturdays.

Though I did prefer The Crystal Method to the Chem Bros.; I think it was fun because I got to see CP'ers out and dance with DaVe again. ;)

yo guys.... i am moving into the area come december and i wnat to find the good trance and house places.... where the heck are they??? do they have websites???? I dono crap about the area.. I'm in Miami now and am looking to catch the scene up there.....Clintp7@hotmail.com

Naughtybooth is a grerat place to find info on nyc scene.

Arc (it has a different dj on saturdays and is home of DT's be your self on fridays). Sound Factory (this is where you go to PARTY on sunday morning. Some hate it other love it) Avalon. (is a new club it has different dj's both on Fri and Sat) Shelter (is a good spot for deep house) these are some club websites. There are many more clubs in NYC, those are just some of the bigger parties.

I got there around 10:45.

Friends of mine were already on line with the confirmation of our pre paid tx.

Thank G*d they were there early b/c even at 10:45 there were 3 lines all going down the block.

We were let in pretty quickly and the club was empty inside. Within the first hour, I guess everybody made their way inside and the place was packed.

As far as the music goes, I thought they tore the place apart.

I saw them at hammerstein ballroom last time and they were so much better this time imo.

I loved watching them in the booth. They were having a ball in there, dancing around, interacting with the crowd.

Too bad I had previously hurt my knee and couldnt really dance, but there wasn't much room to dance anyway.

As far as the renovations go, I don't like them. As I stated on another board it used to have this cool funky look to it, now I think they used too much black paint and it looks like a dark dingy club.

Pre-pay is the only way party people. We had a great time at the Chicago show!!! I was able to walk right in at Transit, the place was crowded but comfortable (Wednesday night show).

The music was incredible! I felt like I was floating for at least an hour when they played thair new single (and I don't even like the song that much!).

Too bad they played at Centro-Fly. That place is packed on an off night. I was really lucky to be in Chicago at the time they played, the entire crowd was totally into the music while all the meatheads and barbie dolls packed together in the VIP.

I love the Chem Bros!! They never tour in the States. I was really lucky!

On a scale from 1 to 10, I give their show a 9.5!

Chi-town is the place to party without massive crowds. Youse got too many peoples ova there!

Later NYC-FOOLS!