Clubplanet Nightlife Community

autos...

dgmodel

why is that car commercials are allowed to do outlandish and rediculous things with the cars theyre promoting and drive silly all over the place... yet no other commercialized item does that??? they show cars driving fast, whipping turns, offroading... etc... then they say do not attempt this, proffessional driver closed course... valtrex commercials dont show ppl effing all night, then waking up with a sore itchy crotch and beyotch popping a pill... and a lil caption on the bottom that says dont try this at home, proffessional skank on a private bed... dont you dare think this pill treats and prevents the herpknob... wtf? or sneaker commercial that shows ppl playing like mad and then says on the bottom do not attempt playing basketball these are proffessionals... you can buy these sneakers but dont you dare wear them~!!! these are proffessionals~! and to this i say WTF~!?

i know its for insurance purposes, however its rather ridiculous

...i love that hummer commercial with the kid that builds the hummer go-cart...lol...who knows why...perhaps it would be rather boring if they just talked about the car - people that know cars might love it but the average shmoe prob needs to see the fantasy because that's what helps sell...and there could be a good psyological/societal reason for that but i rather no think that hard right now...lol

Originally posted by dgmodel

yeah but average joes buy other products.. and none of those are blown out of proportion in commercials or used in a "not intended" fashion...

...but what type of $$ are you talking about...cars are probably the most expensive product you see being marketed on television, perhaps advertisers feel it deserves its own category/approach?...honestly, i have no idea...lol