Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Ultra in Providence

groovefire

IMO, Ultra in Providence is the nicest club in New England. Both the main room and the back lounge are simply beautiful. Absolutely amazing design, a level of chic nightlife more akin to clubs in NYC and Miami than anywhere around here.

It's hip hop and commercial in the main room, for sure. The back room will feature "loungy house"...downtempo and deep house for examply. Hoska spun there Saturady night and it was a great time. Will definitely be returning there soon.

Originally posted by ras67

is it basically the same setup as metropolis?

Yeah, like the bars are in the same place, the DJ booth's in the same place, etc., but it's a totally different vibe in there now. Much more South Beach.

Hung out with Regina and Steve almost all night, but no, no champagne this time. They were all business.

Originally posted by flavanugz

how was the crowd in the lounge type area....and how was here reaction to hoska's set?

Good, probably 50-75, though the space can fit hundreds more. Hoska played all downtempo, deep house and drum and bass. Not music for dancing at all....music for talking and drinking and chilling. That's apparently the direction the owners may keep that room at, which is totally cool with me.

I had a lot of fun @ ultra on Sat...Hoska dropped a sweet set of sexy deep house. I wasn't too keen on the hip hop in the big room at all, but whatcha gonna do? Even though it wasn't packed, it was fun. I just think they oughtta lower their cover charge and/or their drink prices. They think we're all rich and junk like Todd.:tongue: