Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone Installing Car Audio Systems???

BKDJ

I'VE BEEN MAD BUSY LATELY AND NEED SOMEONE TO INSTALL A SYSTEM INTO A CAR.

THE SYSTEM CONSISTS OF:

THE HEAD UNIT

2 3.5" IN FRONT DOOR PANEL

2 6X9s IN REAR PANEL(NOT DOOR PANEL)

SUB BOX IN TRUNK, ALONG WITH 2 AMPS AND CAPACITOR.

I HAVE WIRING KIT.

ANYBODY UP FOR THE JOB?

IM LOCATED IN BROOKLYN.

ALSO HAVE A REMOTE START ALARM I WANT INSTALLED.

LET ME KNOW IF YOUR UP FOR THE JOB!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BKDJ

I'VE BEEN MAD BUSY LATELY AND NEED SOMEONE TO INSTALL A SYSTEM INTO A CAR.

THE SYSTEM CONSISTS OF:

THE HEAD UNIT

2 3.5" IN FRONT DOOR PANEL

2 6X9s IN REAR PANEL(NOT DOOR PANEL)

SUB BOX IN TRUNK, ALONG WITH 2 AMPS AND CAPACITOR.

I HAVE WIRING KIT.

ANYBODY UP FOR THE JOB?

IM LOCATED IN BROOKLYN.

ALSO HAVE A REMOTE START ALARM I WANT INSTALLED.

LET ME KNOW IF YOUR UP FOR THE JOB!

you are going over kill

you don't need 2 amps. unload one and use that $$ for part of the install..

i have alpine speakers pushed by an alpine and a 32 watt 15 year old sony amp pushing an 8 inch tube. it's so fucking loud and hits so hard there is little reason for 2 amps ever... just more $$ and more mess to install..

and don't do the automatic starter yourself, it's a bitch and most cars need additional shit. and if its a stick shift, good luck, they always fuck up..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by cintron

I'm no guru on stereo installs, but wouldn't this just take like an afternoon or so?

what hes talking about will take hours...

running the monster cable to the battery might take a very long time, some cars don't have predrilled holes with rubber gromets in them, or if they don't then you gotta fish the wire threw.. i've seen it done in minutes then i've seen it done in hours..

the door speakers are 30 mins each side

rear speakers are about the same per side

(don't fuck up the polarity or at high volume your bass wont match.)

running the wires to the amps in the back then to the box can be a bitch if you want it to look right.

if you live in brooklyn you gotta bolt that shit down...

that takes time..

the head unit can be done in 30 minutes if you prepare and use crimps not tape..

btw, a good tip is to take the harness and crimp on one side of the electrical crimps the night before, saves you a lot of time, and you are not out in the cold... then you simply match the colors and with channel locks you are done in 5 mintues. however a good pair of electrical crimps will help expose the wires much quicker with better results then scissors or a razor..

then you gotta adjust everything etc...

i just swaped an alpine out of my probe into a GTI and took the xplod from the gti and put it in my probe. Took about an hour. except some jackass made the fuse box on the gti a bitch to deal with.

his project will take him hours... atleast a day if done by a novice. and even with my expericne it would take a very long time..

how much should i expect to pay at a shop?

btw... reason i got 2 amps(might even use three) because the subs are JL and the rest r kickers and fosgate, along with a pioneer premier headunit. this system will be alil too loud, but i dont have the time to go through it, nor the tools handy...

damn. I'm so glad i kept my stereo simple. I've just got an alpine headunit and a single 10" sub in a truck box behind the passenger seat. The amp is a Premier unit, mounted under the passenger seat. Installing all of that took me not even an hour and a half.

but if you have to take apart your dash or other complicated stuff to get at the wiring harness, then yeah i could see that taking a long time. I'm lucky - I do have those holes predrilled in the firewall with rubber grommets.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by weed247

im getting 2 kicker subs,1600 watt amps,pioneer tv,2 headrests tv for 3500.

No one asked you.

• 3 weeks later...