Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mixing labels vs Single labels

A case can be made for either side I guess. there's a time and a place for both, but personally.. I prefer to mix label/designers and such. -- not like I'm a times square billboard or anything, but things that actually go.

Today, my turtleneck & my boxer-briefs are one designer; my under shirt and my shoes are another. And my pants are yet another...

but you'd never know.... :rolleyes:

Are there certain labels that go particular well together? What's your take.

and no.. you can't mix Target & Walmart. well... maybe you can, I just wouldn't know.

Are you such a label whore that you even need to ask this question? :tongue: :tongue:

I personally couldn't care less about labels, mixed or no... but it is quite funny to see someone who's always wearing an assorted variety, with each one very prominently displayed... :laugh2:

Originally posted by tastyt

Are you such a label whore that you even need to ask this question? :tongue: :tongue:

I personally couldn't care less about labels, mixed or no... but it is quite funny to see someone who's always wearing an assorted variety, with each one very prominently displayed... :laugh2:

yes and no... I don't need to ask any questions I ask on here. I'm just throwin' it out there. I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do, regardless.

Also.. by labels, I don't mean solely "uber-hip" shyte... any label will do... Fruit of the Loom, Kathie Lee Gifford, Pathmark - no frills... all 'labels' are welcome...

if it's got a tag hangin' from neckline.. it's a label, n'est-ce pas?

re: the publically advertised label whoring... :vomit3:

Originally posted by upjumpdaboogie

Also.. by labels, I don't mean solely "uber-hip" shyte... any label will do... Fruit of the Loom, Kathie Lee Gifford, Pathmark - no frills... all 'labels' are welcome...

if it's got a tag hangin' from neckline.. it's a label, n'est-ce pas?

Gotcha... and in that case... it seems as though wearing a single label, more often than not, would be pretty damn ridiculous. Chances are you would have to go out of your way to do so, consciously picking items of clothing from your closet, all of one brand, just to form an outfit. People with that much time on their hands should be forced to do something productive, maybe some community service or something.

Agreed... there were whole episodes of shows like Jenny Jones and such.. devoted to this/that fact.. about spoiled brats who refused to wear anything else.

But sometimes, just sometimes.. there are patterns/styles that items were made to go together. Sort of like a suit. And certain "collections" adhere to that matching principle.. and those cloners who subscribe to that style are inclined to "follow" the trend.

It'd be entirely counter-productive in my opinion to wear one item head to toe. Unless I suppose you're some agenda pushing vessel trying to prove something to world.

I'm playing devils advocate.. (as per usual) - just wondering if people on one side or the other will step up and support their stance.

I don't have a whole Victoria Secret Outfut so I guess I am always mixing Labels....

Seriously though, it would be hard to have all your clothing be from the same maker. I do however hate to mix signature accessories. Gucci hat, Coach belt,and Fendi bag type of thing. I don't really notice or care if others do it, I just don't like it for me personally.