Clubplanet Nightlife Community

black paint...

dgmodel

i'm 99.9% sure yes... they don't "stock" paint.. it all starts out white and is mixed with pigment to make it any color you want.. (latex or semi-gloss) - so it stands to reason there's absotively posolutely no reason they wouldn't have black which is a legitimate color.

they've just got swatches, you give it to them come back in 20 minutes,

BAM! you're done.

im familiar with the process... when i was in college i worked in a bodyshop part time painting cars and its the same process... in any event the reason why i asked, is because i heard a rumor that its illegal to paint your walls black so was not sure if HD would stock it...

illegal? I guess that would be the .1% - black paint has legitimate uses beyond "walls" just don't say you're painting walls.

Say you're painting black kitchen chairs (gloss/semi-gloss) for easy cleaning...

They won't stock it, but they can make it for sure... IF they don't... someone will...

even if you have to get it off the back of a truck...

ya know what i'm sayin'

Originally posted by jimk29

Why would that be??

I hate to bust your bubble but....Its not illegal...I worked for the painters union for 4 years...know everything about paint....black gloss latex you wont find....black gloss acrylic, and oil (DTM) is very common.... used on ironwork all the time

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

I hate to bust your bubble but....Its not illegal...I worked for the painters union for 4 years...know everything about paint....black gloss latex you wont find....black gloss acrylic, and oil (DTM) is very common.... used on ironwork all the time

Hate to burst my bubble? What are you talking about, I was just wondering why it would be illegal, I didn't think it made sense.

i dont know.. you know how they have those outdated laws that noone pays attention to... like chain letters are illegal, and other stupid things like its illegal to have a licscence plate frame on your car that covers up the word new york, yet every company that sells or repairs cars sells them... etc. ya know?

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

WTF in that house are you painting black??

PAINT PARTY AGAIN!! I'll bring the sushi :D

anything i want beeeyotch... just kidding in all seriousness want to paint the stairs black... instead of that brown... ooooh you have to see how the place looks for halloween... its bonkers... deadbodies, blood everywhere, smoke machines going full force, walls are painted with tombstones to look like a cememtary, cobwebs everywhere, straight crazy, driving miss daisy you gotta see...

Originally posted by dgmodel

anything i want beeeyotch... just kidding in all seriousness want to paint the stairs black... instead of that brown... ooooh you have to see how the place looks for halloween... its bonkers... deadbodies, blood everywhere, smoke machines going full force, walls are painted with tombstones to look like a cememtary, cobwebs everywhere, straight crazy, driving miss daisy you gotta see...

:(

i was joking when i told him that... theyre decent costumes... or you can take a party foul and be doused with beer... your choice...

"...well you see officer, i know i smell like a kegger, but it was really just cuz i was too busy to buy a costume..."

I would go but I wasn't invited :)