MUSIC BY RESIDENT DJ's

JOE GIORGIO

HOUSE & CLASICS

@

JON PAUL

COMMERCIAL HIP HOP

HOSTED BY MC VINNIE T / SOULJERZ DANCE ENT. / 3. VODKA

IDEALHOOKUPS.COM

i worked the night amuka was there and eugene made the intro with all hip hop....."time for some action" by redman, "jump around" by the house of pain............friday nights eugene plays a ton of hip hop...........i recommend you call eugene, do to the lack of dance music (quality), we are forced to drop hip-hop...downlading and file sharing has caused this so thank yourselves.......and wheather or not eugene drops it once or twice a month! the fact is that HE DOES IT! REPLY PLEASE

Do I care about Fri's at SG.................No, only Sat. nites. Mr. kirk he plays that drop with redman in it mostly right before a performance. As far as downloading ruining the dance scene I don't think so, there r tons of great dance tracks out there THAT U dj's aren't playing, why not take some risks?

I thought SG had bands on fri's??????????? and if not how's the crowd? Mr kirk I like u, but u don't play enuff NEW music in your sets..................................... I did like your Cd, it was good.............

first off mr kutless, let's look at the facts.....so you mean to tell me that the internet has not severely damaged the dance industry........for years i have been on record label mailing lists.....i averaged 15 to 40 promos per week, now i get 1 track every other week(maybe). A lot of the labels have gone under, the good ones, all due to downloading.....mr kutless, do you by 12" singles or cd singles or do you download?......i would say most of you download............hip hop dj's buy records because they have to, it's part of the culture......if a hot rap song comes out they buy 2 copies.....that keeps the rap game going........as far as you caring about soundgarden on a friday ,i don't recall asking you! you obviously missed my point in reguards to eugene.......eugene has "never" played hip hop in his club until recently, therefore for him to play it, it must be the trend at the moment.........

joe jr does not pay me to take risks, he pays me to play a wide mix a music people know..........most of the risk takers don't work much or make much in jersey (ny is a diff story)...

btw, thanks for the love on the cd....

there is music out there but not many tracks that people scream for....as a matter of fact i can't think of any......name something current that people get excited for like they did when the classics first came out(for ex, my love is yor love, chapter, paula cole)...

what songs now bring that energy to the dance floors?

you get that energy if you play rap though! people rush the dance floor, throw their hands up, and sing the songs....you can play rap song after rap song, old school or new and the energy stays high....it's a different energy but it's there.......

some of you refuse change, it's ok, you'll come around.

Ok kirk

1 of the reason's, the dance music industry is hurting is because they take WAY to long to release a track (4-6 mths), so by the time they get the track released, it's they already played out.

----------------------------------------

"there is music out there but not many tracks that people scream for"

Ok Mr kirk a question for u............How r people supposed to scream for a NEW when your not playin any?

-------------------------------------------

SG played hip hop last yr. eugene would play a couple of tracks.

---------------------------------------------

Kirk if hip hop is the Next big thing, name 1 club in jersey that plays only hip hop.

-----------------------------------------------

the last 3 times I have been at Joey's, it wasn't that packed! Maybe, u should play newer music to get more people there.

----------------------------------------------

Oh well, your in a postion to get new music out there, but u have sold out. Your probably a nice guy, just don't complain about the scene because your not helping it.............................Promoters r taking the easy way out.....

Well, see u Fri. at Joeys....................drop some 50 cent tracks and maybe a couple of r. kelly tracks...............

mr kutlass, now your just being cunty, really! i don't get fired up...

your just being a little bitch!!!!!!

let's just break down all your points and see how smart you are

1. you say the #1 reason is length of time for a track to come out, the song becomes played out......tracks have always taken months to come out. i used to get promos 2 to 3 months before radio or average dj.......now with cd's, digital recorders, the internet, when a exclusive promo is released and leaked to the wrong person, everybody and their mother winds up with the song.....there are no more exclusives.........now with one click on the internet you can share the song with your friends or just share your dance files.............in doing this you have cut the production of sellable cd's and vinyl.....it takes time to press the discs and records and distribute...............now mkutless, that is where the delay in releasing a track comes from and how the internet effects the process of track release........do you understand?

mr kutless, people don't scream and guido fistpump anymore because the sound has changed....isn't that obvious......i don't play a lot of new music because people requst older stuff......i don't know where you came up with the idea that i am a cutting edge dj, i'm not and never have been......you should come by one night and hang in the booth and listen what people as for......it is either rap, classic guido shit, or played out ktu stuff.......the only new tracks people as for are either kiss my eyes or waiting for you.........some of the guest dj at joey's play a lot of new shit at joey's and it either clears the floor or there is just no vibe....they then resort to older tracks to recover.. explain that? you may just be a music junky that likes everything, just because it is new doesn't mean that its good...........just because you may like something doesn't mean the "average" club person will like it....

i cater to the girls most of the time(musically) and always will....

as far as i still know, stevie still plays a little hip hop, maybe i'm wrong... nothing wrong with that

i never said it was the next big thing, it's always been around..

it is more comercially accepted now.......there is not one club that plays only hip hop but many clubs put a room just for that ........

abyss, deko.............but people are not into just 1 style of music, they like the variety all in one party, be it house, reggae, hip hop..

as far as joey's not being busy, actually it's been pretty good..

let's take friday's for example.......how is drama doing? southpark? riverstreet? actually we're doing better than all 3 put together on a "friday"..........which 3 nights did you go? if you felt we were not busy, youu obviously haven't checked other clubs in the area...do your homework

sellout, is a interesting comment......i have always been a commercial dj so how have i sold out? i play commercial nightclubs.......if i was a trance or tribal "producer" and then converted to hip hop or whatever i would then be a "sellout" and the term sellout depends on the biased viewpoint of the one saying it........think about it.....at least try to....

you say promoters are taking the easy way out! what is that suppost to mean? there's is nothing wrong with a promoter taking a easy path to get people into the club.....they should take a hard path or as you say "risks" to get people in.......

come in friday and i will def play 50 cent and r kelly for you.....

i'll even give you a big shout out.......

listen mr kutless, i can't say it was a good cp battle because you obviously lack the intelligence to comprehend any of the things i have said to you......i'm not saying your stupid but you should think before you write........take pot shots at me, i could care less..........the only reason i even gave you such a long response is to educate you......maybe i could help through your ignorance, immaturity and lack of knowlege of the nightclub business........

Guest bonsolidd
Originally posted by kirklop

1. you say the #1 reason is length of time for a track to come out, the song becomes played out......tracks have always taken months to come out. i used to get promos 2 to 3 months before radio or average dj.......now with cd's, digital recorders, the internet, when a exclusive promo is released and leaked to the wrong person, everybody and their mother winds up with the song.....there are no more exclusives.........now with one click on the internet you can share the song with your friends or just share your dance files.............in doing this you have cut the production of sellable cd's and vinyl.....it takes time to press the discs and records and distribute...............now mkutless, that is where the delay in releasing a track comes from and how the internet effects the process of track release........do you understand?

mr kutless, people don't scream and guido fistpump anymore because the sound has changed....isn't that obvious......i don't play a lot of new music because people requst older stuff......i don't know where you came up with the idea that i am a cutting edge dj, i'm not and never have been......you should come by one night and hang in the booth and listen what people as for......it is either rap, classic guido shit, or played out ktu stuff.......the only new tracks people as for are either kiss my eyes or waiting for you.........some of the guest dj at joey's play a lot of new shit at joey's and it either clears the floor or there is just no vibe....they then resort to older tracks to recover.. explain that? you may just be a music junky that likes everything, just because it is new doesn't mean that its good...........just because you may like something doesn't mean the "average" club person will like it....

as far as i still know, stevie still plays a little hip hop, maybe i'm wrong... nothing wrong with that

it is more comercially accepted now.......there is not one club that plays only hip hop but many clubs put a room just for that ........

abyss, deko.............but people are not into just 1 style of music, they like the variety all in one party, be it house, reggae, hip hop..

let's take friday's for example.......how is drama doing? southpark? riverstreet? actually we're doing better than all 3 put together on a "friday"..........which 3 nights did you go? if you felt we were not busy, youu obviously haven't checked other clubs in the area...do your homework

sellout, is a interesting comment......i have always been a commercial dj so how have i sold out? i play commercial nightclubs.......if i was a trance or tribal "producer" and then converted to hip hop or whatever i would then be a "sellout" and the term sellout depends on the biased viewpoint of the one saying it........think about it.....at least try to....

you say promoters are taking the easy way out! what is that suppost to mean? there's is nothing wrong with a promoter taking a easy path to get people into the club.....they should take a hard path or as you say "risks" to get people in.......

listen mr kutless, i can't say it was a good cp battle because you obviously lack the intelligence to comprehend any of the things i have said to you......i'm not saying your stupid but you should think before you write........take pot shots at me, i could care less..........the only reason i even gave you such a long response is to educate you......maybe i could help through your ignorance, immaturity and lack of knowlege of the nightclub business........

body blow! wow

ok Kirk "I take the easy way out" Lopez

When a exclusive promo is released and leaked to the wrong person, everybody and their mother winds up with the song"

"the wrong people".......... What makes u so special?................ ".......... for yrs certain Dj's had all the new tracks and by the time that got release they were played. So the little dj's r always playin catch up. Now that it's more of a level playing field, u guys can't take because everybody now has all the new S#$t, not like before. Well deal with it..............I Also HATE cd's and rarely spin them, only when I have to.

------------------------------------------

As far as old songs, I love old songs.............but u have to throw in some new songs once in a while. I bet I can name a ton of old tracks your commerical ass never even heard, so don't try and act like your the king of music, with me buddy. Get off your high horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------

As far as Joey's your right Mr. Kirk it's been pretty good not GREAT. Nothing to be proud of.............

------------------------------------------

As far as people reQuesting new music, How r people suppose to like new music when they don't hear any. Ktu doesn't play any..........your not playin any..............SO how r people suppose to hear it, New music that is??????????????????

--------------------------------------------------

Regarding Promoters, it's funny when promoters say the scene sucks rite now, yet there doing the same old s@#t and not trying to make it better.

Thanks for the education there MR KIRK LOPEZ , and can u please play "HEAVEN" by Dj Sammy that song really rocks

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I feel for u, I played a couple of places like that where people request some real bad songs.............. I hope u get paid well

Oh well, I'm not bashing u, i'm just trying to get u to play alittle more new music. U take requests, now I know why u drink so much, I have been there myself. I didn't get paid that well only $150.00, I hope u get paid more for that kind of stress.

Mikey "I just got edumcated by kirk lopez" kutlass

:D

Originally posted by voodoolounge

I can't believe they are plaing Hip Hop at Joeys...

Is Joey Jr. getting soft in his old age?

That only leaves SoundGarden as the only house playing club in NJ...

Hip Hop at Joeys, what's the world comming too???

:(

HIP HOP Rules the music Business!!

If anyone disagrees with me....your a FUCKIN IDIOT!!!

I dont ever want 2 hear another idiot argue with Kirk again. If any of you think that you know more about music than this man...then youve been dropped to many times on that soft head of yours.

Kirk is a genius of the music scene and industry.

And to be honest, the only well rounded DJ around.

He's not one of these clowns these days that plays the crackhead music for hours and hours and makes you want to ram your head into a wall!!!

Kirk is Talented....all others are simply haters.

Every club needs hip hop these days 2 survive.

Why do you think so many people come 2 Deko for example???

Dude, get off your knees..................................oh my god

Wow your head is so far up kirk's ass it isn't funny................

Another thing I don't want to hear another word out of your two bit promoting mouth.......................................... U wouldn't know what a good party is.............................

Here everybody is a prime ex. of a douche bag :)

"Every club needs hip hop these days 2 survive.

Why do you think so many people come 2 Deko for example"

Name 1 club that only plays hip hop???????? douche!!!!!!!!!

I don't even remember asking for your opinion, it was between kirk and I.

Originally posted by mkutlass

Dude, get off your knees..................................oh my god

Wow your head is so far up kirk's ass it isn't funny................

Another thing I don't want to hear another word out of your two bit promoting mouth.......................................... U wouldn't know what a good party is.............................

Here everybody is a prime ex. of a douche bag :)

"Every club needs hip hop these days 2 survive.

Why do you think so many people come 2 Deko for example"

Name 1 club that only plays hip hop???????? douche!!!!!!!!!

I don't even remember asking for your opinion, it was between kirk and I.

Hey Loser....1)i am not a promoter.

2) Everyone knows i dont talk shit, so my word is pretty well respected

3)Your more of a loser now for all the stupid SHIT you just said

I never said any club ONLY plays Hip Hop, but it is essential is survining these days.

I can asure you, you will NEVER hear a big name DJ talk shit about this guy EVER!!

And if they do, they would be to scared to ever let anyone find out about it.

I cant believe i even allow you 2 talk 2 me

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow......i need 2 stop being so nice.

OH...YEAH....and 4) Go Kill Yourself:blown: THANKS

"I never said any club ONLY plays Hip Hop, but it is essential is survining these days."

Wow that went rite over your head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

"Everyone knows i dont talk shit, so my word is pretty well respected"

Ok, if u say so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------

ASS KISSING 101

HERE'S A PERFECT EXAMPLE

I dont ever want 2 hear another idiot argue with Kirk again. If any of you think that you know more about music than this man...then youve been dropped to many times on that soft head of yours.

Kirk is a genius of the music scene and industry.

And to be honest, the only well rounded DJ around.

He's not one of these clowns these days that plays the crackhead music for hours and hours and makes you want to ram your head into a wall!!!

Kirk is Talented....all others are simply haters.

Every club needs hip hop these days 2 survive.

Why do you think so many people come 2 Deko for example???

OH HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirk let's have a child together