Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Free Will or Predestination?

darlok

Originally posted by darlok

I think when it comes to objects or some tangible items it's free choice.. but when it comes to relationships they're somewhat predestined.

that can't be... because you're not the only factor. on one's own front.. I think I'd get what you're saying.. you know what you like, you're going to make the same mistakes (most likely) because you stay in that same circle you like. etc, etc...

But with regards to the other person... "they'd" have to all be "predestined" to react to you... and that's just a bit to quantum dynamics for me...

In a vacuum... sure.

..i remember there was this one girl in my high school senior yr who was in this real weird church/school that i had this kind of conversation with...

one day she tells me that she thinks God will tell her who is right for her, who she should marry....but she is giving up dating :laugh: So of course i asked her how the hell she thinks she is going to find a husband if she isnt going to date, and she stared at me and repeated that shit, "God will tell me..." :laugh:

it was like talking to a fucking wall :shaky:

Originally posted by iamme

..i remember there was this one girl in my high school senior yr who was in this real weird church/school that i had this kind of conversation with...

one day she tells me that she thinks God will tell her who is right for her, who she should marry....but she is giving up dating :laugh: So of course i asked her how the hell she thinks she is going to find a husband if she isnt going to date, and she stared at me and repeated that shit, "God will tell me..." :laugh:

:laugh:

There is no such thing as absolute free will, our lives have all been predetermined, at least to a certain extent, by factors over which we have no control... at the very least, our physical bodies, the laws of physics... The very best we can do is to work with what we've got.

Now, I don't believe that the course of our lives is completely etched in stone either. At least, I don't want to believe that. I think that there's an interaction between our decisions and our "fate"... one decision could forever alter the course of your life. I know that some things must be already written out, somehow... I don't expect everyone to believe it, but I've seen how astrology works, and I've had tarot readings come true as well...

I think what I'm trying to say here, is that there's no simple answer to the question.

Originally posted by iamme

She was right on the $. God tells ppl who the right person is. It's just that no one has enough balls to put their trust in God whom resides in everyone's (heart) for him to show them. Ppl rush into relationships. No one wants to wait, that's the problem. Ppl that wait are rewarded.

Originally posted by darlok

She was right on the $. God tells ppl who the right person is. It's just that no one has enough balls to put their trust in God whom resides in everyone's (heart) for him to show them. Ppl rush into relationships. No one wants to wait, that's the problem. Ppl that wait are rewarded.

not to get into an argument with anyone but u say "god" will tell u whom is the right person for u...what if one doesnt believe in "god" ???

Originally posted by fkornre

not to get into an argument with anyone but u say "god" will tell u whom is the right person for u...what if one doesnt believe in "god" ???

Doesn't work like that... U don't have to believe in God as long as u believe in your intuition (gut feeling). Some ppl have this Unexplainable undeniable attraction to them and it doesn't matter how hard u try to resist it, u can't/won't be able to. This is how God (or ur heart) tell u who the right person is... Sorta ;0

it's funny how things work out in meeting other people.. you think, shit, if i didn't forget that toothpaste and run back down aisle 4 i woulda never met her.. but for some reason i wanna say that if it wasn't reaching for that tube of crest, it woulda been crashing into them on the parkway, or buying flip flops in vietnam.

if you're meant to meet someone, you will. who the hell are we to think we're so high and mighty that we can map our life out?.. tell that to the guy who's crossing the street to give his wife flowers and hold his baby son for the first time and gets squished by a bus.

:worry: