Clubplanet Nightlife Community

R2P.11.22.03

ede armand

R2P.11.22.03:::::

RM001..........

0600: deka : neovision productions

the following is a dramatic re-enactment of a conversation that took place on august 29, 2003 at 3:42am. the lollowing stunts are being performed on a closed course by professional drivers. do not attempt this at home.

ede: dood! this line-up is insane.

jim: yeah, it is.

ede: we gotta close big. how are we gonna top this night?

jim: i want trance.

ede: nobody plays trance.

jim: i want trance. are you saying you don't like trance?

ede: no! i love trance!

jim: then get me trance!

ede: who?!

jim: i don't care! whoever is closing is playing trance!

ede: well i thought...

jim: your job is not to think. your job is to bring me trance. make it so.

ede: thanks jim.

jim: what about deka?

ede: he's not really playing trance anymore...

jim: i want trance!...

ede: he's into this thick drummy thing now...

jim: i want trance!

ede: but...

jim: shut up and listen to me. when you think, bad things happen. don't think... listen.

get on the fuckin phone...

call deka...

and tell that mother fucker that i just retired his "drummy thing".

he's got a one hour set.

he's playing trance.

he's gonna "rock" or "rip it sick" or whatever gay thing you pin head dj's call it these days!

it's gonna be epic!

we're gonna make him a star!

and if he doesn't like it we're gonna fire his ass out the fuckin window!

ede: oh...kay...

jim: what are you doing?

ede: huh?...

jim: get on the fuckin phone!!...

geeze, you fuckin' dj's! do i have to do everything for you?! do you need me to find someone to change your diaper too?!

mmmmmmm....

by the way...

this is a tasty burger!

RM002..........

0430: melissa nikita : centrofly nyc

Taking components from all over the musical map, Melissa blends tribal rhythms, funky percussion and relentless energy into her own style of techno madness. A style that is gaining her accolades and recognition near and far.

Based in New York City, Melissa has cultivated relationships with some of the hottest producers, DJs and venues on the scene. She plays at one offs all over the city, was hand picked to open for Jonathan Peters (at Emerald City in Philadelphia) and has performed along side renowned artists Junior Vasquez (at Exit), Johnny Vicious (at Float, ROXY and Club Abyss), Tag-Teamed with DJ's from Tronic Treatment and NYEX at New York City's hotspot Drinkland, and hosted top talent at her residency at Centro-Fly (including Carl Cox, John Digweed, Saeed + Palash and Seb Fontaine.)

Melissa has also made her mark in the studio, assisting in the operations of the newfound label Sub-Audeo Records and working along side Serge DeVant, producing and writing lyrics for many tracks on Magnetik Music (several of which were played regularly by Paul Van Dyk.) Melissa is also a vocalist, and in the summer of 2000, released “I Want You to Knowâ€, produced by Jim Heinz of Sound Factory NYC and Jonathan Peters Enterprises fame.

With the help of Paul Dailey, Jim and I are thrilled to bring you Melissa Nikita for her first area appearance. We promise you, It won't be her last.

Welcome to Providence Melissa!

RM002..........

0330: bons : growroom : inuendo

DJ/Producer Andrew Bousquet (aka DJ Bons) has been gracing stages and airways since his entrance into the music industry in 1996. With his hands dipped into all aspects of business, the veteran has quickly established himself as a prime entity within the realm of house music. Bons is a musician meets politician of many sorts. He has the capacity to boast his talents through all elements of music, making him one of the most marketable djs around today.

Having performed at major events such as the Kenneth Cole Fashion Show in Arizona, the Winter Music Conference in Miami, Avaland in Boston, and various cities throughout the United States, Bons has consistently kept his talent on the front lines of music culture, and has DJ’d alongside some of the biggest names in the industry.

As well as being co-owner of Growroom Records, one of New England’s premier record stores, the artist is also co- founder of the Western Massachusetts based DJ collective known as ‘Greenhouse Effect’. For the last few years he has been focusing heavily on production, in collaboration with veterans HDF (aka DJ Steve Porter) and Bons’ partner in crime John Lobello (aka DJ Hush). His latest track “Benderâ€, produced with HDF, is being played by well-known DJ’s such as Mark Farina, Derrick Carter, Diz, and the Pound Boys, and six more releases are scheduled to hit the circuit this year. 2003 has also marked the launching of Bons’ record label ‘Inuendo’, which has been signed to a promotion and distribution deal with Dust Traxx, a Chicago based label group that represents the labels of such artists as Terry Mullen and Paul Johnson.

As a performer, Bons brings with him a natural charisma that entices partygoers and rivals the best. He is known for the energy that he creates between the decks and the dance floor, and has very appropriately been named America’s tastiest DJ. Forever proclaimed as the ‘man with a thousand names’, any given performance guarantees a full palate of smooth and unadulterated music. Whether he is Bon-Bons ‘Bon Solo’, ‘Bon Jeremy’,’Bon Perignon†or ‘James Bons’, your ability to sit still and maintain a conservative outlook is essentially hopeless. Although the artist possesses a totally original sound and style, his versatility, countless aliases, and capacity to vibe with his audience makes him an individual. It is his unique talent and genuine love for music that has pronounced Bons as one of America's’s most sophisticated DJ’s.

Again... totally thrilled to have Bons on this bill. Bons WILL rock your body. I challenge you to stand still!

RM002..........

0230: joe mamma : shameless

Joe's roots in music can be traced back to the days when he was accomplished cellist by the age 9. Lacking the necessary guidance to push forward, Joe quickly adapted to the production side, and various support roles in the nightlife industry, starting with stints working for Prince @ Glam Slam, as well as Paisley Park. From there, his interest in a hybridization of electronic, rock, and pop pushed him into the world of today's dance music. Influences ranging from 80's New Wave, to Psychedelic 60's rock, to electronica can be deciphered in Joe's mix selections.

Aside from being well known for wearing rediculous trousers, locally, Joe has been making some serious noise whith his monthly "shameless" party at pravda, proving once again that "house music will never die".

Joe Mamma is always one that favors a loose party atmosphere and his housey style always makes for a foot stompin, hand clappin, fun filled dancefloor!

That joe mamma is one bad mutha fuh-

"Shut yo mouth!"

Hey baby! im jus talkin bout joe mamma!

RM003..........

0300 joshua carl : q boston

a boston favorite and a dj for fifteen years, joshua is well known for his amazing diversity in the clubbing and after hour scenes.

not one for holding back, carl is notorious for colliding recognizable hits from other musical genres into house beats to produce his signature "mash-up" style.

always a crowd pleaser (ahem... show-off!), carl punctuates his sets with dmc battle style turntablism that leaves his crowd screaming for more!

"your crane style is very good. yet, it will be no match for the mash-up monster techno style of joshua carl!

resistance is futile!"

RM002..........

0130: victor emmanuelle : x-tatic grooves

as a dj for fifteen years, victor is no novice on the turntables.

his expert mixing and contagous energy has found him all over the boston area and even back to portugal and europe.

victor joined us at both "reclaiming paradise" and "zion", where he performed his show stoping sets to cheering crowds of house heads, leaving them wanting more.

victor is always in the mix and is guaranteed to raise the bar of the party to the next level.

RM003..........

0200: scot cox : x-tatic grooves

scot is no stranger to therapy as he has manhandled the martin audio system in several guest appearences in the main room before.

his twisted, drum laced sound is infectious and sure to bring everyone to the dancefloor!

"clap yo hands everybody! everybody clap yo hands!"

and his wife has a really hot brittish accent! hubba-hubba!

RM003..........

0400: dirty ol' frank : volume productions

frank is a well known veteran of the underground as he has rolled with one of the country's most respected underground crews in volume productions, for over ten years.

he has countless mixtape and cd releases and has toured the cultures rave scene all over new england, the tri-state area and even the insane philly, baltimore and d.c. party scenes.

frank is notorious for hard drivng tech laced beats but he just may surprise you with funk laced good ol' fashioned house anthems that will your body rockin till the early morn'!

look out kids! cuz it's about to get dirty! frank's in the house!

When Jim and I plan these parties, there is always an unspoken and unconcious philosophy that seems to guide our decisions to pull all of our talented friends together.

Firstly, the people are… great people. Always positive and void of ego and drama. That goes a long way, not just in this business, but in life.

Then, of course, we can’t overlook the fact that these are creative and talented people.

Couple that with their efforts to contribute to our culture’s music, or just their undying love for it, and you end up with a pretty impressive circle of friends.

The philosohy? Friends first.

With all of this, we try to expose all of you to people and sounds you wouldn’t ordinarily get to hear, but should.

We also take our circle’s recommendations seriously and that has led to some great opportunities for some dj’s. In some cases, we’ve never even heard them spin! lol!

But, we didn’t have to. We just considered the source.

With that being said, I’d like to introduce you to a few of those dj’s.

First, Jim and I are proud to introduce you to dj Melissa Nikita. You can read her impressive bio in posts above.

Next, we have Rob Kenny. We’re gonna hit the ground running with Rob as he will open Room 003(1200) with pumpin’, thumpin’, high energy hard house.

Then we have Jason Gray(RM003: 0100). At "Reclaiming Paradise", Jason snuck onto the decks in Room 003. I had no idea who he was but the kid stole the show. He probably will again too, lol!

We'd also like to introduce you to our good friend Don Moore a.k.a. THE DON (RM002: 1230). The Don lays down seamless sets of driving, big room contemporary house and is guaranteed to get your body movin.

And then we have Andrae Insomniak(RM002: 0530). Andrae is a good friend of ours and many of you may know him for his promotions, but this night he's there to deliver his bangin Insomniak sound ad he closes out Room 002.

We happily welcome these cats and we are sure that you will too.

RM003..........

0500 : jayphonic : digital soul

3.jpg

RM003..........

0600 : randy deshaies : bump : marz entertainment

Randy_pick.jpg

in our undying efforts to showcase some of the area's best and hardest working talent in house, jim and i are thrilled to present randy and jay as the providence-boston connection to the underground.

jay has been hard at work on the turntables for just about ten years.

his weekly sunday night "digital soul" party has been running strong in providence for three years now and maintains itself through a tight network of die hard house heads who are really there "for the music".

randy is well known as a hard worker as well, pushing and promoting some of the boston areas best nights of house music.

randy holds down his own sunday night weekly "bump" party at the phoenix landing and maintians a cult like hold on his followers as well as garnering critical acclaim from his peers and in the press.

we present to you, two pioneering dj's of like mind, like spirit and like passion for house!

and they don't even know each other...lol.

this providence-boston connection promises to be an uplifing and electric two hours of some of the best house music in the northeast!

pay no mind to the time party people cuz this party ain't over!

Originally posted by ede armand

RM002..........

0330: bons : growroom : inuendo

DJ/Producer Andrew Bousquet (aka DJ Bons) has been gracing

Did I menion I went to High School with Bons? Oh and I was suppose to go to the Senior Prom with him. How funny is that? Sat. should be a blast! I can't wait!! :D Wear your prom dress Ede!!

Originally posted by 36

Did I menion I went to High School with Bons? Oh and I was suppose to go to the Senior Prom with him. How funny is that? Sat. should be a blast! I can't wait!! :D Wear your prom dress Ede!!

Yeah well I was supose to go to the Prom with Todd. or, um I mean..