Steve Lawler - Lights Out 2

sobe2003

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by saleen351

lol, you guys think i'm trying to get an "in" over at nocturnal even before it opens? Thats wrong, first off i can do that without any public fanfare, and second i've dicussed their djs with them, and i like what i hear... You guys are just clueless on quality music, more and more of these nights with so called "sick" djs keep failing, Space appeals to cp not the rest of the clubbing community. Whereas nocuturnal will appeal to all, and make it fun again. Lawler is too dark, and too bla... Same thing goes with oscar, it's too much of the same, all djs in american are now switching it up... Calerone on sat nights at crobar nyc, just goes to show you i'm right...

LOL - who cares what the american DJs do, really, the europeans still set the trends...

american DJs are stuck in their respective genres, have been since the beginning of house music...Detroit DJs play nothing but pure, boring techno...Chicago DJs still play the same flavor of house...all the NY DJs you talk about are on the gay circuit and play the SAME BORING ASS hard-house ala NYC style...

any american DJ worth anything plays what the europeans are playing at the moment

why do you even talk about any of the top european DJs (Lawler, Howells, Digweed, Sander)...I doubt you even seen any of them live

I'm starting to sound like a broken record...blah

Originally posted by southof5th

LOL - who cares what the american DJs do, really, the europeans still set the trends...

american DJs are stuck in their respective genres, have been since the beginning of house music...Detroit DJs play nothing but pure, boring techno...Chicago DJs still play the same flavor of house...all the NY DJs you talk about are on the gay circuit and play the SAME BORING ASS hard-house ala NYC style...

any american DJ worth anything plays what the europeans are playing at the moment

why do you even talk about any of the top european DJs (Lawler, Howells, Digweed, Sander)...I doubt you even seen any of them live

I'm starting to sound like a broken record...blah

WHAT AN IGNORANT COMMENT!

WHO CARES WHERE THE D.J'S RESIDE?

MUSIC IS UNIVERSAL ! DOESN'T MATTER WHERE UR FROM OR WHAT LANGUAGE YOU SPEAK!

AND OUR AMERICAN DJ'S ARE JUST AS GOOD MAYBE BETTER THAN THE EUROPEAN DJ'S YOU MENTIONED!

Originally posted by aj2234

WHAT AN IGNORANT COMMENT!

WHO CARES WHERE THE D.J'S RESIDE?

MUSIC IS UNIVERSAL ! DOESN'T MATTER WHERE UR FROM OR WHAT LANGUAGE YOU SPEAK!

AND OUR AMERICAN DJ'S ARE JUST AS GOOD MAYBE BETTER THAN THE EUROPEAN DJ'S YOU MENTIONED!

are you saying music has no geographical uniqueness?

How come so many unique and different styles originate from certain geographic regions?

You can't tell the difference between Chicago, Detroit, West Coast, or NY House??

Or German, Dutch, UK Trance??

Or west coast\east coast hip hop??

your comment is the ignorant one

are you saying music has no geographical uniqueness?

How come so many unique and different styles originate from certain geographic regions?

You can't tell the difference between Chicago, Detroit, West Coast, or NY House??

Or German, Dutch, UK Trance??

Or west coast\east coast hip hop??

your comment is the ignorant one

LABELS LABELS LABELS THEY DON'T MEAN SHIT!

GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC!

GET OFF THE UK BANDWAGON PLEASE

Originally posted by aj2234

LABELS LABELS LABELS THEY DON'T MEAN SHIT!

GOOD MUSIC IS GOOD MUSIC!

GET OFF THE UK BANDWAGON PLEASE

we're talking about apples and oranges...

of course it shouldn't matter where the music is from...fact is music sounds different depending on where it's from.

I think you inferred that I meant that you should only like music from a certain region, which is far from what I am saying.

Saleen is talking shit about european DJs and music, and I am responding to that.

Guest saleen351

hard tribal house ala Calderone, Jr Vasquez...same shit

I'm not talking about UK hard house

you are smoking crack, jr rarely plays tribal... and no nyc dj plays hard house...

can't think of one, and jp plays everything..

Originally posted by saleen351

you are smoking crack, jr rarely plays tribal... and no nyc dj plays hard house...

can't think of one, and jp plays everything..

its hard to label music period...when i buy records online...Robbie Rivera, Scumfrog and Superchumbo is considered Hard House...and so is JR...online of course...;)

Originally posted by rafaelmendez

Hard House in US is mainly played in Chicago.

Psycho Bitch

Terri Bristol

The Hard House Sistas probably the best Hard House djs in US. I really have not seen another dj play hard house other than this two and some others here in Chi-town.

are you referring to the UK hard-house sound? eg. Tidy, Pure Groove etc?

Originally posted by ttaalliihhoo

please dont compare howells to STEVE LAWLER... STEVE is the best house dj going now. Cant wait to see him at 34. He is the best there is. Just ask anyone who has seen him do his thing at the old space or at 34.

i have seen both...and i choose Howells hands down....

Originally posted by ttaalliihhoo

please dont compare howells to STEVE LAWLER... STEVE is the best house dj going now. Cant wait to see him at 34. He is the best there is. Just ask anyone who has seen him do his thing at the old space or at 34.

Both are top class DJs with different styles.

Lawler you can count on to bang it out...if anything bad can be said he's a tiny bit predictable...and the tribal sound is getting dated...

Howells is extremely diverse and you'll never know what he pulls out of his record box...from old-school acid house classics to hard, hard progressive in the same set...

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

exactly...but i will still choose Howells:D

me too...if he'll ever get to play the damn space patio again

I actually first heard Howells at WMC 03 at the GU party at Shoreclub...he got on the decks and I was thinking "who's this guy, he's weird", and then he laid down the tunes...

me too...if he'll ever get to play the damn space patio again

I actually first heard Howells at WMC 03 at the GU party at Shoreclub...he got on the decks and I was thinking "who's this guy, he's weird", and then he laid down the tunes...

heard him 2001 WMC....at Spin night club along with Dj Dan and FC Kahuna...what a night...Danny Howells made a fan out of me that night...

Mrmatas2277 -------> Danny Howells Whore since 2001:D