Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Not sure whats going on at Space

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

But if i were a betting man, I'd say they are in serious trouble.. Lay offs, people quitting, fridays are shut down, staff cut back, reports djs are pissed off etc...

Could it be over?

There is two things to be sold: The club(brick and mortar) and the club business which is essentialy worthless... < in my opinion not others..

Now i'm not taking pleasure if Space falls, 90% of economy is run by small business, but from what i'm hearing LP doesn't give a fuck any more... Could this be it? Are they waiting for the business to come back? Is the market over? Did trance and it's drugs kill the scene? Was the lack of guido anthems the demise of the scene? Will koky every put down photoshop?

Couple that with the fact, that markus, oscar and roland have to do whats best for them and their families, it doesn't look good.

Only time will tell...

however i'll end this with two things...

1. don't ever count gordon gecko out aka lp

2. from the Matrix "all things have a begining and an end"

wait, i can't end this without putting my 2 cents in...

things to fix this issue...

1. bring the cheese back

2. move oscar back inside.. < and force him to change it up a bit < damm that comment is not gonna go over too well.

3. move edgar and markus to fridays and don't fight with edgar!

I'm sure you want out, and don't want to reinvent the wheel again, but the book the huge name dj and they will come isn't working... People simply moved on from Space when they thought it was closed, now you basically have to start over and the clock is ticking when nocturnal opens.

good luck

www.weselldrugs.com

oh an for the record, i buy into the dade school of thinking that space is part of the puzzle for downtown success and nocturnals suceess.. so i hope you guys are around for a long time..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by nexusgroove

they laid off people?

are u going by word of mouth?

I think LP is getting weak, but I also know he's a smart biz man and will try everything before he just gives up.

laid off , or cut shifts, either way it's the same result....

Originally posted by saleen351

But if i were a betting man, I'd say they are in serious trouble.. Lay offs, people quitting, fridays are shut down, staff cut back, reports djs are pissed off etc...

Could it be over?

There is two things to be sold: The club(brick and mortar) and the club business which is essentialy worthless... < in my opinion not others..

Now i'm not taking pleasure if Space falls, 90% of economy is run by small business, but from what i'm hearing LP doesn't give a fuck any more... Could this be it? Are they waiting for the business to come back? Is the market over? Did trance and it's drugs kill the scene? Was the lack of guido anthems the demise of the scene? Will koky every put down photoshop?

Couple that with the fact, that markus, oscar and roland have to do whats best for them and their families, it doesn't look good.

Only time will tell...

however i'll end this with two things...

1. don't ever count gordon gecko out aka lp

2. from the Matrix "all things have a begining and an end"

wait, i can't end this without putting my 2 cents in...

things to fix this issue...

1. bring the cheese back

2. move oscar back inside.. < and force him to change it up a bit < damm that comment is not gonna go over too well.

3. move edgar and markus to fridays and don't fight with edgar!

I'm sure you want out, and don't want to reinvent the wheel again, but the book the huge name dj and they will come isn't working... People simply moved on from Space when they thought it was closed, now you basically have to start over and the clock is ticking when nocturnal opens.

good luck

www.weselldrugs.com

oh an for the record, i buy into the dade school of thinking that space is part of the puzzle for downtown success and nocturnals suceess.. so i hope you guys are around for a long time..

Just wait until the OLD space opens up . . . the OLD patio will be back before you know it . . .

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobe2003

Just wait until the OLD space opens up . . . the OLD patio will be back before you know it . . .

i see you read my cj post....

Boy, some of you love to hate Space. What do you guys call empty?? Empty is what NV was @ 5am+ with about 25 peepz on the Dance floor!! << sorry sobe I know you love "MT" & your pals work there & all but I'm just statin' the facts... :rolleyes:

As for Space- the Mainroom was full up until the terrace opened @ about 6am+ (that's when everyone ventured up there). I guess just over 1800 peepz means an unsucessful night @ Space?!? :rolleyes: If you're space capacity measuring stick is the "closing parties" then I would say most of u are close to being accurate. Unfortunately, when you stuff a venue with 4,000+ peepz in one night & it goes off the way it did, expectations rise & everyone expects it to be that way every week from there on out. If it isn't, then the Space "lovers" :rolleyes: come out mouths blazin'.

Sure the Terrace didn't open till LP made the call. & if I'm LP I'm thinkin' why open the terrace @ 4am & risk losing the mainroom to the Terrace? The fact is, that if you hold all those peepz in 2 rooms for that long a time, as soon as you open that 3rd room they'll flock into it like a virus. Space's priority that night was the Mainroom & Sander. The flip side is, I'm not fully convinced about holding the terrace that long, because I believe a lot of peepz go there for that experience alone & others need a break from the Mainroom & lounge (escpecially as it gets later in the night). The Terrace also opens up another option/room to the club which might influence the average clubber to stay longer @ the venue while others continue to walk in thru the front door helpin' the entire club fill in while attempting not to bore the "Terrace" people who might grow impatient & leave. I'm sure the idea of 3 rooms sounds better than the holding the terrace/2rooms idea, but either way you look at it, both are a risk. So I'm gonna go with LP's method becuz he's got the knowledge & experience. But to say that Space was empty is an extreme exhajurration. The Mainroom was full all nite & I mean full from the second I walked in shortly after 1am. So toss that empty Space comment out the window... :rolleyes:

I'm gonna leave some of you "Space lovers" with your pre-mature celebration ideas & move on. Some of you (hint: sobe2003) love to hate Space, but things will seem to quickly & radically change if your friends got an opportunity to work for the organization. Flat out hypocracy if you ask me... :rolleyes:

Sure Space is goin' thru changes, but we're far from done. We might just surprise you soon enuff...

Originally posted by biznation00

Boy, some of you love to hate Space.

It comes with success dude - don't sweat it. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

I don't see Space struggling too much once the word gets out that the club didn't actually close. Keep bringing the talent...

See you for All Stars on Saturday!

I field phone calls from time to time from people wondering the same...but the word is out that the venue is open still, and is bringing the noise.

It's hard to fill a megaclub in this economy, no matter what city you are in, so I'd say 2,000 people through the door isn't a bad night all things considered...considering it is the only club on the street, in a bad neighborhood, on a slow weekend, it's not bad at all.

I was there from 3 till about 9 AM in both the main room and the terrace...there was a bit of a fluctuation at around six, but that's normal for Space anyway if you think about it. Not everyone treats Space as an afterhours club, they go at around midnight to take advantage of drink specials and guestlists, and are finished by five or six....but the crowd held steady on the terrace around 7 or so...Sander slacked near the end of his set, but even he knew it and called up Oscar G to take the reins, which motivated a significant crowd up and at them again.

I field phone calls from time to time from people wondering the same...but the word is out that the venue is open still, and is bringing the noise.

It's hard to fill a megaclub in this economy, no matter what city you are in, so I'd say 2,000 people through the door isn't a bad night all things considered...considering it is the only club on the street, in a bad neighborhood, on a slow weekend, it's not bad at all.

I was there from 3 till about 9 AM in both the main room and the terrace...there was a bit of a fluctuation at around six, but that's normal for Space anyway if you think about it. Not everyone treats Space as an afterhours club, they go at around midnight to take advantage of drink specials and guestlists, and are finished by five or six....but the crowd held steady on the terrace around 7 or so...Sander slacked near the end of his set, but even he knew it and called up Oscar G to take the reins, which motivated a significant crowd up and at them again.

Saleen posted..."Not sure what's going on at Space"

First time and probably the last time you will ever be right regarding Space.

OK "Pacha" boy let me take you on a trip...

Suppose that you worked as hard as I did and that the all mighty Father was gracious enough to grace you with all that he has given me. Lets just say that for the past 30 years of your life you have worked your way up in the night club industry from a flyer distributor to a promoter to a marketing director to a bar back to a bartender to a front door man to a VIP host to a VIP manager to an assistant bar manager to a bar manager to a light jockey to a DJ to a sound and lighting designer to a club designer to a club contractor to a club owner to being the owner of one of the best clubs in the world. Then lets assume that you did this in 50 different clubs. Thru disco and punk and hip hop and funk and salsa and rap and all kinds of house and music that's crap.

Just imagine all the night club knowledge you would possess.

You still wouldn't have a clue as to "what's going on at Space."

But you can keep guessing.

Originally posted by biznation00

Boy, some of you love to hate Space. What do you guys call empty?? Empty is what NV was @ 5am+ with about 25 peepz on the Dance floor!! << sorry sobe I know you love "MT" & your pals work there & all but I'm just statin' the facts... :rolleyes:

As for Space- the Mainroom was full up until the terrace opened @ about 6am+ (that's when everyone ventured up there). I guess just over 1800 peepz means an unsucessful night @ Space?!? :rolleyes: If you're space capacity measuring stick is the "closing parties" then I would say most of u are close to being accurate. Unfortunately, when you stuff a venue with 4,000+ peepz in one night & it goes off the way it did, expectations rise & everyone expects it to be that way every week from there on out. If it isn't, then the Space "lovers" :rolleyes: come out mouths blazin'.

Sure the Terrace didn't open till LP made the call. & if I'm LP I'm thinkin' why open the terrace @ 4am & risk losing the mainroom to the Terrace? The fact is, that if you hold all those peepz in 2 rooms for that long a time, as soon as you open that 3rd room they'll flock into it like a virus. Space's priority that night was the Mainroom & Sander. The flip side is, I'm not fully convinced about holding the terrace that long, because I believe a lot of peepz go there for that experience alone & others need a break from the Mainroom & lounge (escpecially as it gets later in the night). The Terrace also opens up another option/room to the club which might influence the average clubber to stay longer @ the venue while others continue to walk in thru the front door helpin' the entire club fill in while attempting not to bore the "Terrace" people who might grow impatient & leave. I'm sure the idea of 3 rooms sounds better than the holding the terrace/2rooms idea, but either way you look at it, both are a risk. So I'm gonna go with LP's method becuz he's got the knowledge & experience. But to say that Space was empty is an extreme exhajurration. The Mainroom was full all nite & I mean full from the second I walked in shortly after 1am. So toss that empty Space comment out the window... :rolleyes:

I'm gonna leave some of you "Space lovers" with your pre-mature celebration ideas & move on. Some of you (hint: sobe2003) love to hate Space, but things will seem to quickly & radically change if your friends got an opportunity to work for the organization. Flat out hypocracy if you ask me... :rolleyes:

Sure Space is goin' thru changes, but we're far from done. We might just surprise you soon enuff...

Let me respond:

1. NV sucks - the club sucks period.

2. I don't hate space - I have had some great times there and so bad times there.

3. I just give an honest opinion whether it good or bad (i.e. - giving your boy Roland credit when he had an amazing set a couple of weeks back).

Your place is not doing as well as many as I do feel ripped off about the "closing parties". Any successful business knows that you should treat your customers with respect. This was not done here.

LP is a very smart business owner - however I think he has made some critical mistakes over the last several months.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by spacious

Saleen posted..."Not sure what's going on at Space"

First time and probably the last time you will ever be right regarding Space.

OK "Pacha" boy let me take you on a trip...

Suppose that you worked as hard as I did and that the all mighty Father was gracious enough to grace you with all that he has given me. Lets just say that for the past 30 years of your life you have worked your way up in the night club industry from a flyer distributor to a promoter to a marketing director to a bar back to a bartender to a front door man to a VIP host to a VIP manager to an assistant bar manager to a bar manager to a light jockey to a DJ to a sound and lighting designer to a club designer to a club contractor to a club owner to being the owner of one of the best clubs in the world. Then lets assume that you did this in 50 different clubs. Thru disco and punk and hip hop and funk and salsa and rap and all kinds of house and music that's crap.

Just imagine all the night club knowledge you would possess.

You still wouldn't have a clue as to "what's going on at Space."

But you can keep guessing.

come on LP you are reaching on this one, I've always repected you for your success, heck someone told me years ago you owned a subway and got up at 5am to slice meat. I would never knock your success, that would be dumb, and my post was merly a discussion on the current and only club scene in miami... Biz's post is 100% bullshit and me and you both know that, so i won't even respond to that fence sitting garbage... I hope it works for you LP, maybe your time has come for you to move on, but it's clear people have no idea space is open or they moved on. Fix it! I"m not a huge space fan, but like i said i think Space is good for the scene along with other clubs in downtown. Plus more competition is good for the consumer... Plus me and you both know, you love my Space posts, no matter how negative they are, you love the attention....

Originally posted by funketeer

I think Saleen and LP should get a room and bang each other silly once and for all...:blown:

:lol3:

It's funny how this two bad-ass-mofos have all the balls to vent their bullshit in front of all of us...but when it comes to Funketeer disrespecting the living daylights out of their inflated egos...they just shrink and reveal what pussies they are...can I get a comp-pass for Space?...I ran out of toilet paper...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: