Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Scottsdale / Phoenix??? What spots are hot?

Guest ehozumi

Guest ehozumi

I will be out in Phoenix next week (11/17 - 11/21) and Scottsdale next weekend (11/21 - 11/23). What are the hot clubs or lounges to go to?

I am from the NY/NJ area so I am looking for a place that is kind of trendy, classy, and place banging music. Actually looking for where the ladies hang out. He he ....Anyway any help that anyone can provie would be appreciated. In return if you live in the area and help me out, I'll buy you a drink in return.

Later.

Heres these places are ok....maybe give me a little description on these...

Suede

MercBar

Axis/Radium

Freedom

Ok, do go to: Suede, Six, Merc Bar, Next

I normally start out my night at either Suede, Merc Bar, and either end up at Next (because they have the largest dance floor) or Six. All of these places are really nice inside and all have house music djs (Six also has a hip hop room).

now then, I would never recommend anyone to go to Axis/Radius unless you really like ATB and Darude. Sure its big and there are a lot of people there but I just can't take cheesy music!

On another not I dont recommend Freedom either. The place is trashy as hell. Plus you can only drink alcohol on the upper balcony because the club is +18.

hope that helps

Guest ehozumi

What about some place called Sanctuary? Or Dirty Martini? or something like that. Do you know how I can get on some lists out there?

I've never actaully gone to Sanctuary but I hear it's a lot like Axis/Radius. I've never heard of Dirty Martini.

When you get to Phoenix or Scottsdale try and find a pocket size free little magazine called Switch. It contains a realy good nightlife guide. Also, you might want to sign up for the AZ-House mailing list (www.az-house.com). You will get a few e-mails a day telling you what exactly is going on club wise.

Bwt, all of the places I recommend do not have cover charges (except when Next has a big name dj from out of town spinning). Its kinda wierd but only the cheesier places charge a cover (ie Axis/radius, Sanctuary, Freedom... $10-$15)

hope that helps

Guest ehozumi

That helps tremendously...thanks....there is some website called ********* that is having a big party at sanctuary which is why I asked. supposed to be a pretty big deal or something. Are these places pretty trendy, higher class? Or do people go with sneakers and jeans.

Guest ehozumi

How difficult would it be to get into these places? Like NY. I am not worried about me, but I am going with another guy and a girl, but not sure if they have the "look" that NY requires. Is phoenix like that if not do you know of a list I can get on?