Clubplanet Nightlife Community

deadlifts- reg or stiff leg

drmoxx

Originally posted by drmoxx

i've seen (online) of dead lifts also done off a rack bar. it looks like it starts a lil above the knees.

would this be a close variation to the dead lift, as far as muscles worked?

IMO what u saw was a shrug. I have never seen a deadlift movement starting above the knee.

Lifting a weight off a rack wont have the benefits of a deadlift.

Originally posted by diesel77

IMO what u saw was a shrug. I have never seen a deadlift movement starting above the knee.

Lifting a weight off a rack wont have the benefits of a deadlift.

No this is not correct. I've seen what you are referring to drmoxx, it's called a partial deadlift. In fact most noteably I remember reading an article in MuscleMag (even though I hate that magazine) that was detailing King Kamali's back routine, and one of the things that he did was deadlifts in the power-rack with bars set a bit higher up off the ground.

The goal of the movement is to allow you to go through a respectable range of motion, but limiting the stress on your knee joints. I've personally never tried it, but I have seen it done.

Originally posted by ou812

No this is not correct. I've seen what you are referring to drmoxx, it's called a partial deadlift. In fact most noteably I remember reading an article in MuscleMag (even though I hate that magazine) that was detailing King Kamali's back routine, and one of the things that he did was deadlifts in the power-rack with bars set a bit higher up off the ground.

The goal of the movement is to allow you to go through a respectable range of motion, but limiting the stress on your knee joints. I've personally never tried it, but I have seen it done.

Parital deadlift it is!

Originally posted by ou812

i do my deadlifts off a power rack starting slightly below the knee....i love it, it rips my back up

Originally posted by linabina

so with a regular deadlift u bring ur ass all the way down toward the floor? eh i dont like that. it seems awfully uncomfortable

erm, yeah.. it's hard... but that's the point! :tongue:

it's also somewhat similar to what you do when you squat properly; your hams should be kissing your calves. people do sissy squats (ie, thighs don't even go parallel to the floor) because they're EASIER, but not only do they give you a half-assed leg workout, they're also more stressful on the knees.