~~Tripping Daisy Elastic firecracker

They sang that song "I got a girl..." but the whole album is great

~~Old Incubus EP. this is pre-anything that went mainstream, and it's great

~~Beastie Boys Paul's Boutique

~~311 grassroots

~~10 years of techno -collaboration

~~ Flaming lips latest release

Originally posted by joeg

what are the best unknown or lesser-known cds you have that are essential to your collection? :confused:

nina simone, cousteau, duncan sheik, nick drake, dashboard confessionals, weezer, ataris (old ish not that new mtv style crap), ben folds five, harry nillson, hary connick jr., tenacious d, zwan, travis...

Originally posted by dgmodel

nina simone, cousteau, duncan sheik, nick drake, dashboard confessionals, weezer, ataris (old ish not that new mtv style crap), ben folds five, harry nillson, hary connick jr., tenacious d, zwan, travis...

lol "The D"

Originally posted by gmccookny

~~Beastie Boys Paul's Boutique

:clap2:

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Police - Greatest Hits

Depeche Mode - Violator

Cypruss Hill - Black Sunday

311 - Music

Shootyz Groove - JIVE

Daft Punk - Homework

Primus - Frizzle Fry/Sailing the Seas Of Cheese

Bjork - Debut

nina simone

...yeaaaaaa dawg - i love nina as well...idk if these are unknown or what but ummm....

Deep Forest - first cd

Anna Vissi - X

Ottmar Liebert - Opium

Rusted Root - When I Woke

Chris Spheris - Muse (new age friend of the family from sedona,az)

...i'm drawing a blank for now, but there's more i'm sure...

nina simone

my dad has a bunch of her CD's, i like her... and my roomate is obsessed with dashboard confessionals, she's always playing stuff for me...

i LOVE fiona apple, both "tidal" and "when the pawn" are my all time favorite CD's... tori amos "little earthquakes", depeche mode "violator," bunch of radiohead CD's, "hail to the theif," "the bends," "kid a"

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

how are any of these totally unknown... theyre alll pretty well known???

yeah, i was hoping for some less-known stuff... but atleast some of the cds that are being picked from well-known artists, aren't that common.

NOFX - The Decline.

A few of you have mentioned Depeche Mode's Violator as a lesser known album. I think Violator is one of their most popular albums. If you like Violator, and you're not really familiar with DM's other stuff, I recommend you check out Ultra. Ultra is the second to last album they released. Exciter (their latest one) is pretty good, but Ultra has that old-school DM feel. Also, Dave Gahan's solo album, Paper Monsters, is worth checking out. I'm sure many of you have heard a remix of his first single from the album, Dirty Sticky Floor. His bandmate, Martin Gore's recent solo album is also good. Black Celebration, Music for the Masses, People Are People, and Catching Up With Depeche Mode are great, older, lesser known (to some generations) albums by DM.

i wouldnt say that violator is a lesser known album, as it's one of their best and most popular but i'm always surprised by how many people never even heard of ONE of the tracks on there... possibly because people my age missed the whole DM era... but you're right, i guess their earlier stuff would better qualify as lesser known than violator...

Originally posted by mssabina

i wouldnt say that violator is a lesser known album, as it's one of their best and most popular but i'm always surprised by how many people never even heard of ONE of the tracks on there... possibly because people my age missed the whole DM era... but you're right, i guess their earlier stuff would better qualify as lesser known than violator...

Hey...anyone who likes DM is OK in my book. :)