Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Windows XP SUCKS DONKEY DICK!!!!!

iamme

i hate this shit...its fuckin worse and worse each year. THERE IS ALWAYS a problem and shit crashing no matter what i do.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK you Microsoft. Garbage!!!

Arent they trying to mainstream Linux more aggressively now?? my next computer i think will have that shit. not this devil problem child they call "XP". Stupid dicks...

"suck" gets a bad wrap... I don't have a problem sucking.

matter at hand. XP gives me no grief... It's fast for me, I think it has more to do with 2.5GHz Intel-P4-M and 768 MB of memory...

I was skeptical, but I've since been sold..

were you just venting frustartion or are there problems you'd actually like to resolve?

Originally posted by iamme

i dl all the updates, i clean my computer regularly, defrag, all that shit.

dunno...the first yr it was great, but now shit is happenning all too often.

:compsux:

I'm still within my first year window, and I'm trying to think proactively to avoid such calamaties, so far so good.

Perhaps a backup.. and start a "new" first year? -- Sometimes it's just unavoidable... Mac OS is no different.. but I haven't used it since system 7 or 8... 10 is supposed to be much better.

Originally posted by upjumpdaboogie

were you just venting frustartion or are there problems you'd actually like to resolve?

a little of both, but i doubt there is anything i can really do at this point. just gets really frustrating when shit just starts to freeze and crash for no apparent reason

...and also frustrated my cable modem isnt hooked up yet...i forgot how annoying 56k is...

things could be worse tough :biggrin:

Don't worry Iamme, I share some of your XP troubles. The first year and a half was great, but now I'm starting to have some problems. After the honeymoon period, shit starts to break down. Sometimes I'll d/l the updates and the next day I get fatal error messages having to do w/ the d/l. I can't even tell you how many times I've had to do a system restore. The most annoying problem I have is when my cd-rom and dvd-rom won't open. Drives me nuts. There has also been times when the shit wont boot at all. Being the lazy ass I am, I won't go look for the boot disk. I just open the cd-rom tray and it works like a charm. Ghetto trouble-shooting.

Originally posted by magilicuti

i work with computers a lot and yes there are bugs in xp but nothing to make it a bad operating system. i'm sure what is causing the problem are other programs you have installed in windows.

:werd:

i should just format the shit...i only use like 25% of whats on there anyways...

the only problems ive had are with spyware :mad: ... XP is really stable ... i think anyone who has problems with it either isnt using it right or have dled some problem apps ... so assuming you're not an idiot i think magilicuti is right ...

and as for switching to mac?? you cant possibly be serious .... you do not want OSX :laugh:

i dl all the updates, i clean my computer regularly, defrag, all that shit.

dunno...the first yr it was great, but now shit is happenning all too often.

:compsux:

:laugh: that is funny cuz i dont do any of that shit. i have never defragmented once and i never will. i also have only like 5 gigs of space left.

Originally posted by xpyrate

the only problems ive had are with spyware :mad: ... XP is really stable ... i think anyone who has problems with it either isnt using it right or have dled some problem apps ... so assuming you're not an idiot i think magilicuti is right ...

and as for switching to mac?? you cant possibly be serious .... you do not want OSX :laugh:

download spybot, update it, run it and after that immunize. on my new pc it was the first thing i installed

Originally posted by magilicuti

download spybot, update it, run it and after that immunize. on my new pc it was the first thing i installed

spybot? i hope thats better than ad aware 6 pro ... cuz that thing took like 400 files off my comp and i still have spyware problems ... my firewall blocks the spyware its just annoying to have them on my PC cuz i gotta block em everytime i reboot

i hate this shit...its fuckin worse and worse each year. THERE IS ALWAYS a problem and shit crashing no matter what i do.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK you Microsoft. Garbage!!!

Arent they trying to mainstream Linux more aggressively now?? my next computer i think will have that shit. not this devil problem child they call "XP". Stupid dicks...

Thats why I hav a mac... I'll never go back to using windows. OSX is great. I didn't think i would like it, because i thought Macs sucked when they used OS 9, but 10 is much better.

You should try it.

Originally posted by xpyrate

spybot? i hope thats better than ad aware 6 pro ... cuz that thing took like 400 files off my comp and i still have spyware problems ... my firewall blocks the spyware its just annoying to have them on my PC cuz i gotta block em everytime i reboot

i like spybot better, plus its freeware. firewalls don't block most adware