Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Quick Question....

mrmatas2277

i see that both sides bash each others "sources"...the "Right" gets bashed for using: Fox, Weekly Standard, Nation Review, etc...others bash the "Left" gets bashed on their sources, etc...all i read is "no wonder u think that way, look at what ur reading" or "yea and the toothfairy came over last night for some coffee", etc...so what ARE the best sources that ARENT bias...b/c i feel that anything that is put be either side will be shot down as propoganda material...just wanted to see what u guys think is a non-bias source and get be believed...b/c my conclusion from what i read here is...EVERY source is bullshit and EVER news station is bias...so we might as well just think what we want to believe and "F" everything else...ur thoughts?:D

Good question. I read countless new sites from many differenct political angles and form my own opinions. I like the drudgereport ...even as conservative as he is... he put multiple news sources on his site so you can make your own mind up.

I think anyone that uses one source to base their opinions is only limiting themselves.

EDIT:

The Drudgereport

Ha'aretz

Washingtonpost

Antiwar.com - which is a portal to thousands of other news sites similar to the drudgereport

International Herald Tribune

Reuters

I use www.commondreams.org - this is a wonderful site

www.yellowtimes.org

www.bushwatch.com

www.bartcop.com

news.google.com - it really is the best, as it rounds up the news from everywhere...

also try news.google.co.uk for a slightly more british twist.

also www.counterpunch.org

www.thenation.com

www.salon.com

I don't want to get into an argument, but usually it's the mainstream right wing sources that are more biased and ignoring of the facts, fox et al. there was an article showing this, but I can't find it right now...

bear in mind that Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch and in EVERYONE of his 170+ newspapers the editorial stance was PRO WAR... that's not just a co-incidence...

I also don't like the left / right thing, for other reasons, but let's not get into that here.

I also really reccomend that everyone reads the www.newamericancentury.org thing as well as www.oldamericancentury.org which has a bit of info about the people in the PNAC.

Originally posted by marksimons

Iwww.bushwatch.com

I don't want to get into an argument, but usually it's the mainstream right wing sources that are more biased and ignoring of the facts, fox et al. there was an article showing this, but I can't find it right now...

bear in mind that Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch and in EVERYONE of his 170+ newspapers the editorial stance was PRO WAR... that's not just a co-incidence...

I also don't like the left / right thing, for other reasons, but let's not get into that here.

why not get into a left/right thing? i guess that ur personal issue...u point out mainstream "right wing" media such as Fox...but yet u list www.bushwatch.com as a non-bias source? the name alone tells me what it holds within its web address...i was hoping to get some more "civilized" responses...so far so good...

Originally posted by jamiroguy1

I think anyone that uses one source to base their opinions is only limiting themselves.

EDIT:

]

As much as jamirodick is a shitbag, I have to agree....you have to read from both sides of the spectrum...For example, a few months back I read both Chomsky and Buchanan, which is a lesson in polar opposites

/B]

Dude, you are so wrong is it ridiculous....of course you will disagree, but there is so much documented data out there supporting a bias towards the left in the mainstream, it is overwhelming...

Of course, there are mediums that tilt one way or the other, but the majority tilt to the left...there is no debate

I just saw an interesting piece on the NY Times and their book reviews........it showed in recent months that all "left" leaning books were reviewed and promoted, while all "conservative" books were not........just a small example, but your continual blanket statememts about right wing bias and your ignorance on the mainstream media is tiresome.

Originally posted by cintron

i use my own voice, because posting 1001 articles a day then hoping someone else responds to them is GAY.

how about giving your OWN opinon on a matter instead of adopting and modifying someone else's?

But the problem is - when you voice your own opinion you have to back it up with facts...and thats where the news pieces come in. Everyone pretty much knows everyone else's opinions here, so people post articles that support the opinion.

What would be nice to see is someone post an article and then offer an opinion on the article. Or even post part of the article with a link to the whole thing.

My sources to get information: BBC, CNN, haaretz, jpost.com, Christian Monitor, reuters, AP. I even check fox ocassionally!

Thats right though...some people (on certain other boards especially) bash each and every source as biased toward the other side if it does not support their views.

i use my own voice, because posting 1001 articles a day then hoping someone else responds to them is GAY.

how about giving your OWN opinon on a matter instead of adopting and modifying someone else's?

ok...how about this...what sources do u read to help u shape ur opinion..in other words, where do u get ur news? besides Road and Track of course...;):tongue:

hahahahahaha.

Sport compact car, autoweek...

i dunno. Substantiating one's opinion is all well and good, but i'd rather argue the merits of a position than point out the factual intricacies. It just gets dull when someone says something, someone else argues against it, and then the topic turns into people posting news articles to retaliate against other news articles. That's still allowing someone or something else to fight your argument for you.

either that or you start seeing words like "Cocksucking Faggot" and "Goddamn hippie" flying around. That's pretty much when the thread gets thrown into the trash.

the left right thing is a bit simplistic and outdated.

it's used to often to write off people, ideas and things.

to be perfectly honest the whole thing does far more harm than good, especially when you get people sticking to doctrines rather than dealing with problems. this applies to the left as much as the right.

but also go left or right far enough and you end up in the same place. Nazi Germany and Communist Russia are two sides of the same coin. Communist China has less to do with Marx than it does the age old repressive chinese regime.

American Capitalism is the most right wing form of capitalism we have at the moment, the close links between business and the administration, embodied in Dick Cheney who is still on the bankroll of haliburton, could almost be described as fascist - if we go by the dictionary definition...

www.bushwatch.com is actually a very good source of information about bush, it even has a deanwatch page and has links to very good articles.

don't judge a book by its cover :-)

check it out.

and igloo

*siiiigh*

american politics is already skewed way way to the right of most european politics.

I'm pretty sure that advocating a universal healthcare system, or some form of control to keep guns out of the hands of kids will see you branded as aleftie pinko commie nut.

and insults stiffle debate.

the right wing has had a grip on america for a good while, again, I point to the shit that got thrown at clinton for lying when no-one died. the mainstream media was at him, hounding him. bush lies, lies and lies again when there are thousands of lives at stake and the use of the stars and stripes saves him again.

there is bias in the left wing media no doubt, but the point is, and this is a very important one, is that in terms of the MASS MEDIA the bias is most definetly to the right.

hahahahahaha.

Sport compact car, autoweek...

i dunno. Substantiating one's opinion is all well and good, but i'd rather argue the merits of a position than point out the factual intricacies. It just gets dull when someone says something, someone else argues against it, and then the topic turns into people posting news articles to retaliate against other news articles. That's still allowing someone or something else to fight your argument for you.

either that or you start seeing words like "Cocksucking Faggot" and "Goddamn hippie" flying around. That's pretty much when the thread gets thrown into the trash.

:aright:

I'm pretty sure that advocating a universal healthcare system, or some form of control to keep guns out of the hands of kids will see you branded as aleftie pinko commie nut.

i guess i am leftie pinko commie nut...b/c i dont see anything wrong with this...

there is bias in the left wing media no doubt, but the point is, and this is a very important one, is that in terms of the MASS MEDIA the bias is most definetly to the right.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this point because I believe you are completely wrong...I have read enough on the subject, and it is easy to make the observation, that mainstream media is overwhelmingly tilted to the left....

Originally posted by jamiroguy1

Watch Scarborough country and tell me if you feel the same.

MSNBC actually tiltled to the left hard, but their ratings sucked.....they then added Scarborough, and don't forget Michael Savage, in an attempt to be more.....balanced

I dunno ... i think MSNBC is in the middle Ive never seen much on TV that is far left ... either moderate or right wing ... but I dont watch that much TV anymore if any at all so maybe things have changed there.

Most TV news is garbage, just the crime of the day or some gossipy sex scandal or some other bullshit that I could care less about. Ya gotta read if ya want any interesting stuff.

Typical, TV news hour:

someone got raped

a murderer is on the loose

a cat got stuck in a tree

ben is cheating on jlo

boring stuff