Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Club Night 2003!!!

panoramapromo

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

well then i think its a shame that people might think of glow as representing the best of DC nightlife...

Werd.

It's not that they don't bring in big names and all, they do get that end of things done, although my enthusiasm for them has dropped precipitously since I can no longer listen to more than 10 minutes of trance...

...but if you're nominating the night as a whole, you'd have to minus the harassing/rude employees, the salsa and hip hop rooms and all the people that frequent those two rooms, and if they haven't yet - fix the painful sound system,... then you might make a case.

i think it's jacked up to not like a club because of its selection of music... unless it's hip hop hehe. i like trance, i like the djs that glow brings in. is it ok for me to say such and such a club shouldn't have gotten nominated coz it plays nothing but progressive house or breakbeats out the ass? STOP DA HATIN' hehe.

but like magyarcica, insomnia the venue just plain fucking sucks. i love dan s.' sets there, never been disappointed by him but i feel like i just got sent to the cooler at stalag 17 whenever i go to insomnia. but whatever, i've bitched about insomnia enough.

dan is right, at this point just be glad dc is on the map... who knows, this award is only like a year old. what's the voting system like? how much self-promotion does a club have to do to get promoted? coz honestly, when it comes to promotion, i have to say glow wins hands down. size differences aside, i have not been to another club in d.c. that has ever been as packed as glow has been over the summer.

yeah yeah start coloring me a glow apologist but the level of snobbiness at dc cp is starting to piss me off. ain't we better than that? you don't have to like all venues and types of music like me, but no need to go out of your way to slam shit you don't like... over and over again.

and btw, yes, the sound system as glow has improved dramatically.

Originally posted by kken

yeah yeah start coloring me a glow apologist but the level of snobbiness at dc cp is starting to piss me off. ain't we better than that? you don't have to like all venues and types of music like me, but no need to go out of your way to slam shit you don't like... over and over again.

werd.

Originally posted by kken

and btw, yes, the sound system as glow has improved dramatically.

:eek: