Clubplanet Nightlife Community

back door bambi in detroit

marick

just when i though i'd escaped you crazy south floridians, carmel and the gang take back door bambi on the road across the US and detroit is one of the stops!! if it's one thing i miss about miami it's nights like this!

tomorrow night detroit will see what the best part of the miami scene is all about! techno city is about to become south beach for a night minus the weather of course hehehe

can't fucking wait for this!

party was awsome! little luie vaga was awsome! seeing & hanging out with all my old bambi friends all weekend was awsome! great weekend!

ericka: it all depends on what kinda music and people you like. IMO the best club is 'the shelter' on saturday nights which is all minimal techno & electronic/experimental stuff with a little electro mixed in. if you like harder techno/deep & funcky house then 'the works' is a good place as they bring in wicked guests on a regular basis. if you like strait up house music then there is this bar downtown on woodward called 'good time Foran's' which hosts a night the first thrusday of each month called 'flow'. it features all female djs playing house and has had some pretty amazing guests! it's a good night with a great vibe! for more mainstream stuff in the progressive, trance & hip hop scenes there are places like 'blue'. panacia is also a wicked little club that does alot of one offs feat. techno & house djs both guests and local and i think one of their nights (friday maybe) is hip hop.

there are one off events all over the place at various little venues in and around the city ranging from techno to minimal techno to IDM to house to indie etc...

the best places to find out about stuff going on around town are the record shops. where in detroit are you going to be? there is a shop in downtown ferndale called 'record time' which has a huge flyer rack. there is also a record time in roseville. they have info on most of the major events going on around town. there is neptune records in downtown royal oak which is the place to go if you want to find out about all the experimental/IDM/minimal techno & indie nights going on. if you can't get to the record shops then you can grab a 'real detroit' paper when you get here and have a look at the events pages. it's kinda like 'street' or ' new times' down there but it's better becase it usually lists most of the events going on no matter what type of music it is.

anyway, drop me an e-mail at marick_stawis@hotmail.com and let me know the exact dates when you'll be in town and maybe we can meet up or something...

take care

Great info Marick - I'll be home to Michigan in July... thinking of driving up this time so I have more freedom (translation - I can go to Detroit & party) :)

Will hit you up on e-mail:D :D :D :D

Didn't they have a club called Space up there (no relation to the Space down here, just same name:confused: )

And is the State Theatre a club now or what? I went to my first concert there (House of Pain / Rage Against The Machine) - way back in 1992:eek:

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Let us know how it goes.

I will be up there visiting my parents for Christmas, what clubs are good now, it ihas been like 2 years since i went to a club iin Detroit?

Eric - where in Michigan - and are you from there too???

I grew up in Burton (Flint area - 1 hour north of Detroit):eek:

Originally posted by lolahotass

Eric - where in Michigan - and are you from there too???

I grew up in Burton (Flint area - 1 hour north of Detroit):eek:

I was born and raised in Toledo and lived there for 18 years. I live 2 miles from the state line. I used to go to some of the places in Windsor and the State theater on Sat nights.

I will be up there from Dec 23- 28th.

I really want to go hit the ski slopes like Apine Valley or Brighton and maybe one night of clubs, plus all the normal holiday family stuff, so it wil be busy.

Who else will be up there at this time?

Lola, Shroomy, Macboy?

Originally posted by erickamikaze

I was born and raised in Toledo and lived there for 18 years. I live 2 miles from the state line. I used to go to some of the places in Windsor and the State theater on Sat nights.

I will be up there from Dec 23- 28th.

I really want to go hit the ski slopes like Apine Valley or Brighton and maybe one night of clubs, plus all the normal holiday family stuff, so it wil be busy.

Who else will be up there at this time?

Lola, Shroomy, Macboy?

No, I won't be home at Christmas this year - my folks are coming down here tomorrow so we can celebrate TG together.

I usually go home in the summer :)

lola: yes, there was a club called space up here but it closed down during the summer. as for the state theater, i'm not sure if it's a full on club as i haven't been inside yet but they sure as hell bring alot of special guests and do alot of concerts there so...

as for pontiac & flint, i don't ever go up there so i don't know a whole lot about it but i do know there are a couple things in pontiac. this place called cluch cargos which is an old church turned into a club. i know they do concerts there and some one off dj events but other then that i don't know what their music is like on a normal weekend night. there is something in flint i know because i've seen the adds for it when they've booked guest djs but i don't konw what or where it is. i'll have a look in the 'real detroit' paper thingy and find out and then PM you or something.

but yeah, def. e-mail me when you're here (if you remember that is...it's a long time from now) and we'll meet up or something.

eric: yeah, i haven't been sking in a VERY long time! i don't even know if i could stand up on those things anymore. would be funny to try though :) e-mail me when you get here or right before you leave there and if you're in the detroit area we'll meet up ok?

me, you & shoomy can all go out for a night on the town...will be fun!

Originally posted by marick

lola: yes, there was a club called space up here but it closed down during the summer. as for the state theater, i'm not sure if it's a full on club as i haven't been inside yet but they sure as hell bring alot of special guests and do alot of concerts there so...

as for pontiac & flint, i don't ever go up there so i don't know a whole lot about it but i do know there are a couple things in pontiac. this place called cluch cargos which is an old church turned into a club. i know they do concerts there and some one off dj events but other then that i don't know what their music is like on a normal weekend night. there is something in flint i know because i've seen the adds for it when they've booked guest djs but i don't konw what or where it is. i'll have a look in the 'real detroit' paper thingy and find out and then PM you or something.

but yeah, def. e-mail me when you're here (if you remember that is...it's a long time from now) and we'll meet up or something.

eric: yeah, i haven't been sking in a VERY long time! i don't even know if i could stand up on those things anymore. would be funny to try though :) e-mail me when you get here or right before you leave there and if you're in the detroit area we'll meet up ok?

me, you & shoomy can all go out for a night on the town...will be fun!

Thanks again for the info. The club in Flint is called Purple Moon I think. Get this, it used to be a "Kountry Kettle" but they turned it into a club....WTF! It's right down from the new Nathan J's strip club...

Flint also has the Machine Shop - which is a rock bar... Kid Rock hangs out there all the time - my cousin told me he see's him in there when there's a kick-ass band in town.

I've heard of Clutch Cargo's in Pontiac.. Is the Industry still there? Isn't it called Happy Face Lounge or some shit? What was that other place called - Ultimate Sports Bar? I went there one time - it had like a basketball court in it:laugh: Ugh, that place suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckedddddddddddddddddddd:laugh:

Originally posted by lolahotass

Flint also has the Machine Shop - which is a rock bar... Kid Rock hangs out there all the time - my cousin told me he see's him in there when there's a kick-ass band in town.

And this club used to be a Big John's Sandwich place...

Whats the deal with changing resturants into nightclubs in Michigan:eek:

:) we have a nice little michigan thread going :)

It makes me want to have a cony island hotdog cooked in stroh's beer, with a vernors to drink and a saunders hot fudge creme puff for desert. (then Ill get some white castles and apple cider & doughnuts for the ride home)

but lola... as for the State Theater :(

read my thread here .... a lot has happened since the old city club days :( or even the club X days.

I didn't say it in the post, but I was at the state theater.

BIG UPS TO THE MICHIGAN THREAD ;)

Pontiac used to be the shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt................ the State Theatre.............. smoked a doobie there during a few concerts:D :D :D :laugh:

Shroomster - now i know why so many kids make the 4 hour hike to Chicago to party:(

AND NOTHING BEATS A KOGEL'S HOT DOG. I WON'T EVEN TOUCH A DAWG DOWN HERE SINCE IT'S NOT KOGELS BRAND...

MADE IN FLINT-TOWN :D