Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Infusion @ Centro-Fly Last Thursday

janky

November 22, 2003

http://www.electrophobic.com/Journalistic/031122.html

Infusion @ Centro-Fly [November 20] [New York, NY]

This was my third time seeing Infusion at Centro-Fly._ On their past two appearances, they were the opening act for Steve Porter and Dave Seaman, respectively, and on each occasion they had the club oscillating._ However, in contrast to their last two visits, Infusion found themselves the headliners and, as expected, they had everyone on the dancefloor in a complete frenzy.

Last Thursday's performance was an abbreviated set but it did not, in any way, fail to deliver._ The boys from Down Under started the music with some breaks and from there they slowly, but surely, increased the intensity of the breaks._ The bass got deeper and as each track intensified, we found ourselves venturing element by element into my favorite part of any Infusion night:_ the banging peak._ There were flying synths and tribal beats dissipating in every direction and like many of the people around me, I was dancing f*****shly and loving every second of it._ It's the peak time progressive house that attracts my ear and Infusion's peak time productions are absolutely top notch._ While some producers shy away from the bigger sound, Infusion has shown that they have more than just a mild propensity for harder music._ An excellent example is their own "Troika", which, to few surprises, found it's way into Anthony Pappa's record box._ I only hope that they continue to turn out at least a few bangers.

Soon after their peak, Infusion transitioned back into the breaks and after about thirty or so minutes, their set unfortunately came to an end._ It was a quarter to three on a Thursday night so it's understandable that things winded down but, as always is the case, no one in attendance wanted them to quit._ A few imperatives could be heard but the night was no more and Infusion put an end to another successful visit to New York.