Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound System Info.....

I would reccomend a PPI amplifier. They last forever, have extremely low THD which means the sound is perfect and they're powerful. For 2 12"s, this one should be good:

It's cheaper than the Rockford Fosgate (because it's on eBay) and it's a lot cleaner sounding and has the same power. I have 2 PPI amps and I LOVE THEM!!

For subs, I would go with either Kicker Comp VRs, Soundstream SPL12s, or JL audios.

Good luck. Let us know what you finally decide. :hat:

amps aren't heavy, and stock stereo components tend to weigh a lot more than aftermarket...

i'll actually be losing a pound or 2 when i get rid of my awful bose setup... i'm dropping the cd changer and using a plexiglass sub box.

on my eclipse, the stock speakers weighed a ton, and the stock amp was heavy too... the headunit was double-din so it was just a massive block of metal...

Originally posted by DarrellG

I would reccomend a PPI amplifier. They last forever, have extremely low THD which means the sound is perfect and they're powerful. For 2 12"s, this one should be good:

It's cheaper than the Rockford Fosgate (because it's on eBay) and it's a lot cleaner sounding and has the same power. I have 2 PPI amps and I LOVE THEM!!

For subs, I would go with either Kicker Comp VRs, Soundstream SPL12s, or JL audios.

Good luck. Let us know what you finally decide. :hat:

Darrell to answer your question well as you know I already bought a Pioneer face. I just purchased 2 KICKER S12L7 12" SUBWOOFERS + MDF BOX NEW off ebay...... to see exactly what I bought copy this.....----> 2 KICKER S12L7 12" SUBWOOFERS + MDF BOX NEW and type it in the search engine on ebay now I'm on the hunt for an amp....Darrell I know you said Precision Power amps and 100% agree but how do I decide if it is powerful enough for the Kickers? Thanks alot. Any feedback as well as Darrell's is greatly appreciated. Again thanks

Matt

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

Darrell to answer your question well as you know I already bought a Pioneer face. I just purchased 2 KICKER S12L7 12" SUBWOOFERS + MDF BOX NEW off ebay...... to see exactly what I bought copy this.....----> 2 KICKER S12L7 12" SUBWOOFERS + MDF BOX NEW and type it in the search engine on ebay now I'm on the hunt for an amp....Darrell I know you said Precision Power amps and 100% agree but how do I decide if it is powerful enough for the Kickers? Thanks alot. Any feedback as well as Darrell's is greatly appreciated. Again thanks

Matt

Good choice with the S12s, but if you want to use them to their full capacity, you're gonna have to go with a big amp. They are pretty efficient, meaning they'll sound good with a decent amount of power, but if you really want to get the most out of them, you need an amp that has 750 watts per channel, since they handle 750 watts RMS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3061208970&category=18797

This is the PPI PCX-1500 and it is rated at 1500 watts when it is hooked up mono. Definately the best choice for those subs. It's $472 which puts you a little over the $800 mark, but it's worth it.

Good luck, I'm jealous now. :cool:

Thanks alot Darrell....yeah I mean I feel so lucky because my girlfriends brother gave me an awesome deal on this 1999 White Ford Mustang drop top with black top: 41,000miles........extended warranty to 50,000miles(which he just bought about a month ago not knowing he was selling the car) 20%tints which he also just bought..... I paid $8,000 for the car is perfect working order also a white convertible checked out great on carfacts I feel so lucky and by the way the book value is $11,500 with the warranty so I had money to spend on a system.... again thanks everyone especailly Darrell for the input on the system and one last question how much would installation be?

for amps, get only phoenix gold. the cheapest model will kick the shit outta 2 12's... for about $2-300 you can get one on ebay that'll rock ur box.

subs... JL audio never let me down. Kicker Solo-Barics are great but you need HIGH OUTPUT amps to pump them hard... that gets costly.

Originally posted by BKDJ

for amps, get only phoenix gold. the cheapest model will kick the shit outta 2 12's... for about $2-300 you can get one on ebay that'll rock ur box.

subs... JL audio never let me down. Kicker Solo-Barics are great but you need HIGH OUTPUT amps to pump them hard... that gets costly.

Well if you read his reply, you'll see that he already got Kiker Solo Barics. I personally never had any experience with Phoenix golds, but I DO HAVE 2 PPI amps that I've had for 4 years now and I FUCKIN' LOVE THEM!!!! He needs an amp that pumps out 1500 watts to maximize the solo barics. I doubt he'll find one for $300 that's as clean as the PPI is.