Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>My SiSTER is Performing @....

Originally posted by Crackorn

She must be very excited. Being a musician (and fellow Greek;) ) I know how exciting putting on a show can be. She's got a great voice and the songs are really good. I especially like the last two tracks (Change, You and Me).

Yah I have a feeling those 2 will be her biggest hits, she had me replaying them a few times.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by muzikchick

OMGoodness................beautiful voice.....very soothing.

Move over Jewel~~~~prettier face.........and a beautiful voice!!

And I was expecting hardcore rockish..........nice...really nice.

Actually something I would buy on c.d.

I love it!!;)

thank you muzikchick....I honestly appreciate all your positive replies... you seem totally cool & I would definetely like to meet you :)

... there are way too many haters on this board....its quite sad...

:(

Originally posted by ibrandon

Wow she really has a wonderful voice, i just wish that she would stress it more over the "band".

Fantastic, best of luck.

_b

yeah ...the recording wasnt so great...her vocals shouldve been MUCH louder...but its too late now to fix...so she has to deal w/ this.. :(

I gotta be honest....She does sound good...and the concept is good.... and the vocals are interesting enough..but..The mixdown is really bad and the band could be a lot better (sounds too clean needs a rougher edge) .....Where was this recorded??? I realize it may only be a demo ...

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

I gotta be honest....She does sound good...and the concept is good.... and the vocals are interesting enough..but..The mixdown is really bad and the band could be a lot better (sounds too clean needs a rougher edge) .....Where was this recorded??? I realize it may only be a demo ...

there is no band...its all done of machines & computer ;) the quality is not good...she knows that....its only a demo though ;)

my favorite is "You and Me"..............

plus, it'll be more important if she has stage pressance, than anything else. anyone can put together a good demo....but, can you deliver live is the most important thing. She has a pretty voice....and a pretty face.....already 2 factors in her favor.

All she needs to do now....is make her audience fall in luf wit her.

Eye contact...good stage pressance....and strong arm gestures.............all about stage pressance.;)

my favorite is "You and Me"..............

plus, it'll be more important if she has stage pressance, than anything else. anyone can put together a good demo....but, can you deliver live is the most important thing. She has a pretty voice....and a pretty face.....already 2 factors in her favor.

All she needs to do now....is make her audience fall in luf wit her.

Eye contact...good stage pressance....and strong arm gestures.............all about stage pressance.;)

it helps that shes a professional ballet dancer and has performed with the New York City Ballet...she defin. has excellent stage presence :)

and shes performed @ the Bitter End, Lions Den, Cafe Figaro, & a LONG time ago at a huge club named "Emerald City" ;) She also sang for former Mayer Dinkins... :D

You know to mention first off, you are a sweet chica for looking for your sister. I know, I know, thats what family is all about, lol, but still Im just saying what Im thinking thats all.

As far as Miss Matina Parisi, for certain she is going to get somewhere big with her sound. Muzikchick made a very valid point. Those two factors:

Being able to sing, and being a hottie (like the glowgirl of course, it must be in the jeans)... with those two points a go, its only a matter of time.

And the foundation of it all just screams rockstar. Father opera singer, mother ballet dancer, having that classical enrichment while growing up yet still leading towards a punk rocking sound. Priceless.

Lastly, as far as her music. Oy. Seriously hits the spot, one of those cds I bet that you could just play over and over and get lost it whatever your thinking about.

I have maybe... five or six friends that are all about music. Each in their own different levels, from straight rock korn style to michelle branch like music. Some of them are almost there and some of them may not make it but the thing that they all share. Is the passion and that is what really matters. You can hear it in Matina's voice, but I still cant wait to hear it in person.

hopefully I can make it, I start my long asss day at 5am maybe even earlier tomorrow. But hey, with that in mind maybe Id need a drink and some good sounds by the end of it..lol.

:cool:

Originally posted by eccentricmofo

You know to mention first off, you are a sweet chica for looking for your sister. I know, I know, thats what family is all about, lol, but still Im just saying what Im thinking thats all.

As far as Miss Matina Parisi, for certain she is going to get somewhere big with her sound. Muzikchick made a very valid point. Those two factors:

Being able to sing, and being a hottie (like the glowgirl of course, it must be in the jeans)... with those two points a go, its only a matter of time.

And the foundation of it all just screams rockstar. Father opera singer, mother ballet dancer, having that classical enrichment while growing up yet still leading towards a punk rocking sound. Priceless.

Lastly, as far as her music. Oy. Seriously hits the spot, one of those cds I bet that you could just play over and over and get lost it whatever your thinking about.

I have maybe... five or six friends that are all about music. Each in their own different levels, from straight rock korn style to michelle branch like music. Some of them are almost there and some of them may not make it but the thing that they all share. Is the passion and that is what really matters. You can hear it in Matina's voice, but I still cant wait to hear it in person.

hopefully I can make it, I start my long asss day at 5am maybe even earlier tomorrow. But hey, with that in mind maybe Id need a drink and some good sounds by the end of it..lol.

:cool:

thank you having faith in my sister...she's been working hard at this for many years...she was signed w/ Atlantic Records at age 16, but she broke the contract because they werent doing anything for her.... :(

Not only does she sing & dance but she plays the guitar and piano...which she taught herself to do... I definetely look up to my sister....i have never seen a more ambitious & hard worker than her...she is my inspiration in every way possible :)

oh....she's dropping the "Parisi" in her name...thats not even our last name, its my grandma's maiden name....our last name is TOOOOOOOO Long and very hard to pronounce...

But I think "MATINA" alone, sounds best :) dont you think?

ps....I really hope you can make it... :)

Well I can see how the name may not be too stage friendly. Too many syllabols for a quick introduction. The annoucer may studder. lol.

But hey, nothing against italian (im guessing) names. Matina alone has a nice flair to it.

As far as ambitiousness being the main ingredient of concuring whatever high reaching goal you have. I hear you on that one. And you and your sister sound like you both have a hugh amount of it.

Ok, I think I should chill now. Ive never complimented someone without the intent of buying them a drink or trying to woo them one way or another..lol.

Well Ill eat my wheaties tomorrow when I wake up and instead of using milk Ill add Redbull, so I may be able to swing through.

Out of curiousity does she have Cds made up?

I don't know....i kinda like Matina Parisi...........sounds very exotic and kinda romantic.

Anyway, yeah....I heard the same crap happened w/madona's back up singer with her first contract with A&M records...now, she is doing shit on her own label....majorly screwed over.

www.donnadelory.com

I would send demo to www.jrecords.com

Clive Davis just started that label not long ago....and was with Arista before.

Anyway, what time is the show until, tomorrow night???

Anyway, what time is the show until, tomorrow night???

she goes on @ 7:45 sharp...probably only gonna be on for like 40 min or something ;)

and...thanks eccentricmofo....I hope you can make it...and nope, not italian...Greek :) Parisi is not our last name....just her stage name ;)

7:45, great time and not too late for a monday....this one I wont be able to make....another thing I have to get to uptown by 8pm......but, I love her stuff and her look.

Please, deffinitely post the next gig....I would love to check her out live, next time around. I almost know her song "you and Me" been playing it often.

;)

7:45, great time and not too late for a monday....this one I wont be able to make....another thing I have to get to uptown by 8pm......but, I love her stuff and her look.

Please, deffinitely post the next gig....I would love to check her out live, next time around. I almost know her song "you and Me" been playing it often.

;)

awww!!!! I will def. keep you posted!

thanks for the support! YOU RULE!!!! :D:D:D

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

she goes on @ 7:45 sharp...probably only gonna be on for like 40 min or something ;)

and...thanks eccentricmofo....I hope you can make it...and nope, not italian...Greek :) Parisi is not our last name....just her stage name ;)

Well hey, I may of been off the mark with the Italian guess, but ya know its only a week nautical mile or so across the water. Not that far off...:tongue:

well, thank you for the detailed reveiw...u suck.;)

now, I wish I woulda went....i really wanted to see her live, too....damn.

Please more details....I love reviews..........thank you.

p.s.--will she be posting pictures from the show on her website....i love pictures, too.

glad it went well.

;):)