Clubplanet Nightlife Community

John Acquaviva at Privilege Club

privilege637

Beto is a really really good dj... I really liked all the tracks he played, great stuff, top quality... however almost everything he played was just a bit too hard considering the time and the amount of people there, it seemed to me like he wasn't even trying to read the crowd at all

John was great too, though I couldn't get into it too much because I was very of tired from moving all day, and my ears were worn out by the opener, and the my eyes were blinded by the lights (constant strobbing figure 8's) and plus too many guys there, some thugish elements... i watched a few hotties walk straight out the door kind of early after they had been there a while to give it a chance...

at least they lowered the drink prices

too bad they can't get all those people who were there are opening night to come back, where did they all come from anyway? it wasn't just the curious, it was like they brought the whole crowd from Privilege Cali, which was cool, but then they all went back to Cali or something :confused:

Well, I came in at about 2 30ish to a nearly half empty club. It was my first time checking out the venue so expectations were zero. John was playing some techy drums w diferent percussion sounds that went along with the place. Saw a couple of heads: lyrik, matik w his girl and yngr brother... Other than them and the poeple i was with, not much more of a crowd, sad to say; But i did talk to Juan at the club, and i think armando also mentioned how the only date acquaviva was available was on friday night, and regardless of the fact of their saturday-only schedule, they went ahead and brought him down for the miami peeps. Seems to me like its a matter of trial and error. The whole privlege crew was having a blast w john's set, but they must make it work at the register to continue afloat.

I have yet to see the place very packed, but I'm pretty optimistic about this venture. A night like this has a lot of potential, specially w the steady stream of talent that they are attempting to bring down to the beach. Its the right size to be easy to fill, so like I said it should come down to making the numbers work. For some reason the setup of the club was bringing me some old memories from way back to the days of the Mix. The layout seemed familiar but thats just me...

thats my 2 cents on the night...

mp3.- :smoke: