Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is house music??

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

i'm posing this question out of curiosity more than anything, what exactly is house music?? i'll be the first to admit, i don't know and i don't care about house music; it's just a term i see used very loosely on this board, and i get the feeling people have diff interpretations on what it is?? secondly, what dj out there spins house music. if we agree that house music is something diff to us, then who spins what we consider to be "house"?? does eddie baez spin house?? does armand van helden spin house?? danny tenaglia?? charles feelgood?? derrick carter?? marques wyatt?? roger sanchez?? boris?? rob james?? paul van dyk?? jonathan peters?? so who spins house music, and who doesn't, and if who, for whatever reason doesn't spin house, then what do they spin??

:D

There are different types of house music, such as hard house, deep house, etc. Only a few of those djs you listed actually play house music. You mentioned you don't care, but I will suggest that if you want to hear what house music is go to a party at shelter. Body and Soul, Cafe con leche those were classic house parties, too bad there not around anymore :(

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

i'm posing this question out of curiosity more than anything, what exactly is house music?? i'll be the first to admit, i don't know and i don't care about house music; it's just a term i see used very loosely on this board, and i get the feeling people have diff interpretations on what it is?? secondly, what dj out there spins house music. if we agree that house music is something diff to us, then who spins what we consider to be "house"?? does eddie baez spin house?? does armand van helden spin house?? danny tenaglia?? charles feelgood?? derrick carter?? marques wyatt?? roger sanchez?? boris?? rob james?? paul van dyk?? jonathan peters?? so who spins house music, and who doesn't, and if who, for whatever reason doesn't spin house, then what do they spin??

:D

Click on the guide and go to house music

click on guide