Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT: mass transit in va/dc

nifer

i'll be in vienna, va next week on business. how far is tyson's square from any form of mass transit that could take me into the dc metro area? do you need a pass/token to ride the buses/trains down there or do they take cash also?

thanks in advance :)

Depends on where you're staying, there r buses that can take u to Falls Church or Dunn Loring Metro (Vienna metro is further away from Tysons) but if u wanna avoid the hassle, then take a cab to the station instead (a couple of $ max).

Good luck & welcome! :)

from tysons corner you want to take the southbound 2C bus to the dunn loring metro station. fare is like $1.20... a cab ride is at least $5. also note that on weekends the metro closes at 3am and maybe midnight or 2am on weekdays.

thanks for the info :) unfortunately the company arranged all the travel details, so i'm stuck with vienna :tongue:

do you know how often the bus to the metro runs? more than twice an hour?

also... is there anything in vienna to do except shopping?

Originally posted by nifer

thanks for the info :) unfortunately the company arranged all the travel details, so i'm stuck with vienna :tongue:

do you know how often the bus to the metro runs? more than twice an hour?

also... is there anything in vienna to do except shopping?

pretty muc twice an hour. check out www.wmata.com for bus schedules.

and no, nothing else to do there. that is why i moved into dc. ;)

Originally posted by moto

Depends on where you're staying, there r buses that can take u to Falls Church or Dunn Loring Metro (Vienna metro is further away from Tysons) but if u wanna avoid the hassle, then take a cab to the station instead (a couple of $ max).

Good luck & welcome! :)

yeah that seems right, although it could depend on where in Tysons she will be.....either way I have no clue, considering I have been on the metro 4 times in the past 3 yrs.......