Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HELP!! computer question

iamme

im not sure wtf has happend but ive noticed that certain images on the web are coming out real fuckin fuzzy that im SURE werent before...

i thought it was something to do with my browser or this new "slipstream web accelerator" i installed the other day, but then i tryed to play an old game and it was just FUCKED UP...super choppy...unplayable.

any idea wtf happend? did my graphics card just crap out on me? is that even possible? any ideas? :confused:

please advise :unhappy:

1 1/2 yrs old

Dell 1.8 GHZ P4

256 RAM (i need more)

80 GB HD

Win XP

the new software is "Slipstream Web Accelerator" ...came free with my dial up service http://www.starpower.net/internet/dialup/accelerator.php ...it seems it has "intuitive image quality management", maybe thats it...but thats still does not explain why that game i loaded up went to shit...

if it's only web-based images and not regular jpg's, gif's, etc.. then chances are you picked up some spy program or possible trojan.

get the latest definition files for whatever virus checker you have and run that. then go to www.spysweeper.com and dload their free spyware program. there's tons of apps out there for scanning ur machine for bs.. go to google and type in spyware, but the 1 i gave u above is pretty good.

PM me if you wanna know other nerdal stuff

Originally posted by dogekid

if it's only web-based images and not regular jpg's, gif's, etc.. then chances are you picked up some spy program or possible trojan.

get the latest definition files for whatever virus checker you have and run that. then go to www.spysweeper.com and dload their free spyware program. there's tons of apps out there for scanning ur machine for bs.. go to google and type in spyware, but the 1 i gave u above is pretty good.

PM me if you wanna know other nerdal stuff

wow beauty and brains im impressed

nah i don't like those programs cause i just hate having these extra programs on my computer... regedit!!! besides... he didn't even say anything about spyware... just get into your system configuration (run : msconfig)... go to the startup programs on the last tab (i think that's what it's called)... uncheck anything not necessary to start up... then restart checking each program one at a time... i hate background programs... so i don't use anything i don't need.. just messes everything else up

Originally posted by scruffe

nah i don't like those programs cause i just hate having these extra programs on my computer... regedit!!! besides... he didn't even say anything about spyware... just get into your system configuration (run : msconfig)... go to the startup programs on the last tab (i think that's what it's called)... uncheck anything not necessary to start up... then restart checking each program one at a time... i hate background programs... so i don't use anything i don't need.. just messes everything else up

you just contridicted yourself because you hate programs that run in the background and said he didn't say anything about spyware? what do you think spyware does? even if that is not the problem why not just clean it out?

most of the time anything weird going on with msie has to do with spyware.

don't fuck around with the start up tab too much unless you know what you are taking out. some of those programs are necessary for windows to run properly

you just contridicted yourself because you hate programs that run in the background and said he didn't say anything about spyware? what do you think spyware does? even if that is not the problem why not just clean it out?

I didn't say not to get rid of the spyware. I suggested an alternative approach. I also said to keep programs necessary for start up when using the start up tab in the configuration. For the record, on most computers you could clear everything under the start up tab and your computer will run fine (Just without virus protection, personal firewalls, etc). No need for hostility, I'm just putting in my .02.