Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
majinbuu

Little Matsui a Met?

Recommended Posts

Dumb...asinine trade...We ALREADY have a SS for the next 10-12 years and now they're gonna have to move him to a position where he has NEVER PLAYED in his career for a guy with no proven record - and I don't want to hear anything about the f'n japanese leagues.

FUCKIN BS I TELL YA :blown:

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE FRONT OFFICE?!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by spragga25

Dumb...asinine trade...We ALREADY have a SS for the next 10-12 years and now they're gonna have to move him to a position where he has NEVER PLAYED in his career for a guy with no proven record - and I don't want to hear anything about the f'n japanese leagues.

FUCKIN BS I TELL YA :blown:

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE FRONT OFFICE?!?!?!

except...

1. it isnt a trade, its a signing.

2. he has the potential to be as good as any shortstop in the major leagues.

3. second base isnt a stretch from short stop.

4. this makes the Mets DP combo as good as any in the majors.

5. It adds the speed the mets need at the top of the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by majinbuu

except...

1. it isnt a trade, its a signing.

2. he has the potential to be as good as any shortstop in the major leagues.

3. second base isnt a stretch from short stop.

4. this makes the Mets DP combo as good as any in the majors.

5. It adds the speed the mets need at the top of the lineup.

1. My bad...I was so pissed off, I typed the wrong thing.

2. WE ALREADY HAVE A SS - why tinker with this? We've already seen that Reyes will be a star...we know NOTHING ABOUT THIS BUMB.

3. 2nd Base is a HUGE stretch....the ball comes in from a different angle and timing is different.

4. DP combo? REYES HASN'T PLAYED AT 2ND BASE - EVER! A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!!

5. Speed at the top of the lineup? I thought Reyes was batting leadoff - isn't he pretty fast? :confused:

For anyone one to think this signing is actually good is completely insane.

FUCK MATUSI - If this bumb does sign, HE should be the one moving to 2nd base.

I sure as hell am not going to Shea this season :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

]1. s'ok..calm down

2. we know alot about...read up.

3. 2nd Base is NOT a stretch....the ball comes in from a different angle and timing is different. big deal..this isnt rocket science its fielding a ground ball.....you make Reyes to be this incredible player, yet you have no faith he can play a position that is 30 ft away from his original position

4. best DP combo out there! (see #2)

5. the top of the lineup is more than just the leadoff position. see the world champion Florida Marlins...

For anyone one to think this signing isn't actually good is completely insane.

I sure as hell going to Shea this season :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by majinbuu

]1. s'ok..calm down

2. we know alot about...read up.

3. 2nd Base is NOT a stretch....the ball comes in from a different angle and timing is different. big deal..this isnt rocket science its fielding a ground ball.....you make Reyes to be this incredible player, yet you have no faith he can play a position that is 30 ft away from his original position

4. best DP combo out there! (see #2)

5. the top of the lineup is more than just the leadoff position. see the world champion Florida Marlins...

For anyone one to think this signing isn't actually good is completely insane.

I sure as hell going to Shea this season :D

1. I'm calm...just pissed off.

2. He played in Japan and has ZERO MLB experience...that's all I need to know.

3. If 2nd base isn't such a stretch, how come players like Soriano and Knoblauch are horrible defensively? Like you say, if it's not such a stretch, then let the 28 year old player make the switch, not the 20 yr old kid that could have his confidence shattered if performs badly on the field.

4. Best DP combo huh? Now THAT'S a stretch being that one kid has never played the position and the other never has played a game in the real major leagues. Are they gonna be the best ever through osmosis? :laugh:

5. Pitching won that championship...period. Not freakin Castillo and Pierre - Don't think one of them won the MVP.

This move will be right up there with signing Cedeno, Bonilla and trading for Alomar and Vaughn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it really isnt a stretch to move between those positions....the guys you named werent good defensively to begin with.

as for reyes, he has the athletism to move to a position not far from his original.

matsui has faced the MLB allstars in japan and everyone has raved about him. players with less ability have done well in the MLB. he is compared to hideki matsui and ichiro!

this is not like cedeno or bonilla. those players were more veterans that are on the downsides of their career. matsui has more to offer than a big bat or speed. he has both and is an above average short stop.

if the mets can land a front line pitcher and get rid of som eof their dead wood, they become a threat in the NL east.

btw, i never said the marlins won the WS with the speed on the top of their line up, i just creditted that to why they were in the WS....they may have had good pitching, but they woldnt have been there with out the huge rallies that would bite teams in the ass when they got comfortable leads over the marlins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by spragga25

FUCK MATUSI - If this bumb does sign, HE should be the one moving to 2nd base.

I agree.. I seem to have a soft spot in my heart for Reyes, and I really don't think they should mess with his position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by spragga25

Why are you so high on this guy? What's the big deal? Honestly, he doesn't seem special to me and certainly doesn't warrant the $21 million dollars

cuz i heard about him 3 years ago...and no matter what he's definately an upgrade in the lineup...

the Mets need something. This could be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by majinbuu

cuz i heard about him 3 years ago...and no matter what he's definately an upgrade in the lineup...

the Mets need something. This could be it.

3 Years ago huh?

Oh lord...we have another Hideki Irabu here. :blown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok whatever you say.....theres no point in arguing w/you. You think Reyes is better than A-rod. *reminder* reyes has played a total of 69 games last year, he may have been good, but i wouldnt bet the farm on him just yet.

The Mets obviously feel Kaz Matsui, plus Reyes is better than anything else right now. Just like if they were to get A-rod and move Reyes. its not like they are getting rid of Reyes.

He's still on the team....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I think Reyes is better than A-Rod now? Of course not! Please tell me where I said that one time.

Will he be better in 5 years...I think so. Plus if any trade with Texas to get A-Rod ever went down, the first person they would ask for would be Reyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by spragga25

Do I think Reyes is better than A-Rod now? Of course not! Please tell me where I said that one time.

Will he be better in 5 years...I think so. .

No he won't. :tongue:

He's good, but I dunno if he's THAT good. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×