Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>WHO remembers the singer...

glowgrlnyc

:eek: :eek:

"A sought-after writer/producer/director/ musician, Blackmon,(from the group CAMEO) has produced projects for several outstanding and chart topping artists including:

Bobby Brown, Chaka Kahn, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Arsenio Hall & 8 Ball & MJG, just to name a few. In addition, honor and respect from many artists have been paid to Larry Blackmon through the replication of CAMEO's unique funk-filled sounds.

A multitude of recording artists have re-created and recorded versions of their favorite CAMEO music and songs. Artists such as TuPac, Boys II Men , Will Smith, Snoop Dogg, just to name a few. One of the most recent projects Blackmon has participated and performed on is the HIT Single " LOVERBOY" by world-renowned artist Mariah Carey!

one of the most in-demand DJs in the world, backing Will Smith, spinning at the Super Bowl, the NBA All-Star Game, The Grammy’s—wherever the party is needed. He has DJed parties for Kobe Bryant, Berry Gordy, Shaq, Diana Ross, P. Diddy and Jermaine Dupri among others.

“I’m just trying to be the best DJ I could ever be,†he says earnestly. “I moved to Maryland and started making a nice little living DJing. So I decided to stay there for a while. I spend most of my years DJing on the road. I like to play the old school. Not just New York old school. If I’m in Houston I like to play their old school. If I’m in Iowa I like to play their old school. â€

See if you can guess who this is.....

:confused:

One more clue....

Vintage toy collectors certainly know who he is. During his DJ travels, while searching for records to turn the party out, He has gotten into serious lunch box collecting as well as old portable electronic football games, wooden airplanes, GI Joes and Rock Em Sock Em Robots. “It’s just like records,†he says. “I know exactly the places to look. You don’t want people to burn your spots out.â€

He just released a new album a couple of weeks ago......another thing alot of people don't know is that he was the first rapper ever to get sued for sampling.... so he never made any real money of his biggest sellers after all the lawsuits were over with ....

He's an Old Freind......I worked in the music industry from 86 - 89 .... He's one of the few guys I met back then that actually stayed in touch and hangs out when he's in town....And he is attempting a comeback.... check out the album.... even did a track with p diddy ...