Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what do you consider a social drinker?

Beer Chick

If you have to think about whether you are a social drinker or not, your not! A social drinker is a person who can let the ice melt in the glass, or it doesn't matter whether they finish their drink or not. You can be an alky and drink once a year. Ask yourself, if your behavior gets out of control, are you getting trashed, have you done things that your ashamed of? If you are 16 years old you maybe get trashed because you are unexperienced, but I have a feeling your older then that. Lady from the darkside. ;):)

Yes, thats true and I have been drunk before. But, if it keeps happening, you can't remember things and embarass yourself its a problem. Social drinkers don't need to ask themselves that question. Cute dog by the way. Its not if you stop drinking, its staying stopped and how much of your life revolves around drinking activities. You don't have to drink everyday to be an alcoholic. I know this guy who drinks once or twice and every time he drinks he gets trashed. Hes been in prison three times, its become a lifestyle for him, drink , go to jail. It's sad, he keeps thinking he can drink and not get drunk. You know people do the same things over and over and expect a different result. Sounds like your thinking about it though, thats good. I am a nurse counselor for addicts and alcoholics, one guy killed an 8 year old girl because he drove while drinking and was trying to kill himself. I said instead of killing yourself, you can't change what happened, talk to people about what happened and tell them not to drink and drive. It takes guts to face a problem and live with it, and change. Especially when it seems like everyone you know does it. But they don't, they probably just don't talk about it or you don't see them in the bars, thy are out doing something healthy, like mountain climbing or something, there is a kick. I climbed 11 stories straight up that was more fun and got my adrenaline going better then drinking ever did.

Yes, thats true and I have been drunk before. But, if it keeps happening, you can't remember things and embarass yourself its a problem. Social drinkers don't need to ask themselves that question. Cute dog by the way. Its not if you stop drinking, its staying stopped and how much of your life revolves around drinking activities. You don't have to drink everyday to be an alcoholic. I know this guy who drinks once or twice and every time he drinks he gets trashed. Hes been in prison three times, its become a lifestyle for him, drink , go to jail. It's sad, he keeps thinking he can drink and not get drunk. You know people do the same things over and over and expect a different result. Sounds like your thinking about it though, thats good. I am a nurse counselor for addicts and alcoholics, one guy killed an 8 year old girl because he drove while drinking and was trying to kill himself. I said instead of killing yourself, you can't change what happened, talk to people about what happened and tell them not to drink and drive. It takes guts to face a problem and live with it, and change. Especially when it seems like everyone you know does it. But they don't, they probably just don't talk about it or you don't see them in the bars, thy are out doing something healthy, like mountain climbing or something, there is a kick. I climbed 11 stories straight up that was more fun and got my adrenaline going better then drinking ever did.

see the problem with me is i can say i dont have a problem cause everyone i know drinks as much and as often as me......but the thing is me and my group of about 30 of us, i would say, have a serious fucking drinking problem....

we are all eachothers support group, we all egg eachother on

when someone dont wanna go out we heckle them till they fold and go out and then miss a test the next day!

it has actually.... im gonna be honest now, been happening since i started college 3 years ago

for the last 3 years there has not been ONE weekend i didnt get fucked up

now that is what i call my social drinking PROBLEM

Well, it sounds like you have been getting messed up for awhile and it seems like no one has paid any serious consequences. I mean you and your friends have to live with whatever happens, so if that is your choice. Are you passing your courses, is anyone driving drunk? If you enjoy doing this to your body and brain why not. If you have a designated driver or a taxi, and if you or your friends flunk out and don't might working some crap job that is boring as hell. But, I personally think that making decisions for yourself and not caving in to what other people want shows more maturity and being a thinking individual is an enjoyable thing. Friends are important and fun, but when the party is over you have to spend time with yourself and what do you think of that person? When all the noise and meaningless stuff is over, you eventually have to stand alone. No one can die for you or live for you, even your friends. Drinking , driving, and letting others make your decisions sounds like a recipe for disaster. Drinking is boring and so is meaningless activity. I guess I prefer, mountain climbing, scuba diving, travel, camping, seeing great art at a museum, reading poetry to someone I love, challenging myself to do something beyond the ordinary. Stretching my limits, testing my emotional and physical strength. Listening to good music, tasting food from other cultures. Statistics say that alcohol related suicides, accidents, and death claim quite a few college students. Someone that is depressed over a lost girlfriend or boyfriend is more likely to do something stupid while drunk. College ends, people move on, where will you be when the party is over?;):hat: