Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
JonStephen

A-Rod for Ramirez?

Recommended Posts

If they can work out the salary issue so they pay basically what the Rangers are paying for Rodriquez right now........IN A HEART BEAT!!!!!

It will cost the Sox an extra 5 mil a year to keep him.........aint terrible for the league's best player. They'd also have to move Nomar which would be another blockbuster trade. I love the guy, but A-Rod is the best.

........and it makes me wonder how those Yankees fans that posted earlier they'd rather have Jeter over A-Rod can ever consider themselves wise. The idea is presenting itself to Boston and the Sox are all over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

besides it being Arod ,the redsox are all over the deal cause its the only way they can get rid of that cancer that is Manny Ramirez, and Nomahhh wants to go home to cali.

Its amazing how this whole transaction will see 3 of the top 15 position players in all of baseball get moved. Very hard to do in these times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are forgetting that Nomar put absolutely nothing up in the post-season (clutch)... whereas Jeter is a proven hitter... makes Bosox management second guess how good he is for the team. Yeah - he can hit during the season, but getting you to the post-season is only half of the struggle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nomar stated in a press conference this morning on WEEI that he doesn't want to leave boston and wants to retire in a sox uniform.

yes the sox have been talking to a-rod, who WANTS to come to boston. he said he would move money around and restructure his contract to get out of texas, who has come in last place for the 3 years he has been there. he wants to be on a contending team.

if the sox can work it out so that a-rods contract ends up costing them the same as what manny's contract is costing them(the contracts are very close in cost this year and it's still not official that the sox would have to pay 5 mil of manny's contract, that was an initial proposal by texas but at first they weren't even going to take our manchild headcase manny so they keep changing their stipulations for trading a-rod) then it's a wash and we get a much better player with better work ethic and a better attitude for the same $$$. only issue is 1. nomar would have to reposition 2. a-rod would have to reposition 3. nomar and a-rod would have to rotate between SS and another position.

i am all for a-rod coming and keeping nomar if they can do it, if they can move money around in a creative way and it's not going to cost us anymore than having nomar/manny on the team, then i say do it and create the sickest IF in baseball!!! and a-rod would more than compensate for what we lose in offense from manny. all of the nomar trade speculation is coming from other teams that are assuming we would get rid of him if we get a-rod, nothing has come from the red sox organization and nomar said he wants to stay. so we will see what happens. and i love a-rod, he has always been one of my favorite players since i saw him play his first MLB game when i was at fenway park july 8th, 1994 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmmm....keep nomar at shortstop and move a-rod to second...and then just put all the money on the line and go get geurrero for left field...might as well pull a georgie and just buy a world series this year...with the amount of money the team would pull in after doing this i dont see how they wouldnt end up making tons more...first rule of any business after location is "you gotta spend money to make money"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by clubrat88

hmmm....keep nomar at shortstop and move a-rod to second...and then just put all the money on the line and go get geurrero for left field...might as well pull a georgie and just buy a world series this year...with the amount of money the team would pull in after doing this i dont see how they wouldnt end up making tons more...first rule of any business after location is "you gotta spend money to make money"

do you think they AREN'T thinking about the money making implications this would have?

also, they wouldn't be pulling a 'G-Money' open checkbook move. they are trading and restructuring contracts. if a-rod costs the same to the sox as manny, how is that spending more money? i do say go ahead and get vlad, but we let our 2nd baseman todd walker go thats a few mil right there. the sox actually DEAL for players as opposed to the G-Money approach of just buying them all. after all, a-rod would be a trade which might involve a young up and coming pitching star as well, Kim. so we have to give something up to get something back.

and with all of the money that they would make don't you think they would 1. put it towards more major renovations that fenway desperately needs? or 2. put it towards building a new stadium that boston desperately needs? no this organization isn't the same as the evil empire, they have always pulled in tons of money, pretty much every baseball game at fenway is sold out. they handle their business differently they don't just throw money around like it's nothing they are still very payroll conscious. but in the yanks case they might go over 200mil this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by l155a

do you think they AREN'T thinking about the money making implications this would have?

also, they wouldn't be pulling a 'G-Money' open checkbook move. they are trading and restructuring contracts. if a-rod costs the same to the sox as manny, how is that spending more money? i do say go ahead and get vlad, but we let our 2nd baseman todd walker go thats a few mil right there. the sox actually DEAL for players as opposed to the G-Money approach of just buying them all. after all, a-rod would be a trade which might involve a young up and coming pitching star as well, Kim. so we have to give something up to get something back.

and with all of the money that they would make don't you think they would 1. put it towards more major renovations that fenway desperately needs? or 2. put it towards building a new stadium that boston desperately needs? no this organization isn't the same as the evil empire, they have always pulled in tons of money, pretty much every baseball game at fenway is sold out. they handle their business differently they don't just throw money around like it's nothing they are still very payroll conscious. but in the yanks case they might go over 200mil this year.

A-Rod was recently saying he's willing to talk about restructuring his contract......good news for Sox fans

I dont agree with letting Walker go.....he was a good bat to have and a good clubhouse figure. If this thing with A-Rod were to work out, Walker could have been used as trade bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by clubrat88

hmmm....keep nomar at shortstop and move a-rod to second...

What is with everyone trying to move Arod from his position???????????

He's practically the best SS of the game, why the fuck would you move him from his position???????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by clubrat88

with the amount of money the team would pull in after doing this i dont see how they wouldnt end up making tons more...first rule of any business after location is "you gotta spend money to make money"

You are forgetting they have a half assed management running the team... sure they can spew tons of money buying players like the Yankees, but how are they gonna recoupe dollars for this investment. Sure they may be able to and eventually will obtain better sponsorship and broadcasting contracts (provided that they hold this team for more than a year or two... can they financially) to increase their revenue... but the jackasses (including fans for preservation) are too high strung with their stadium... their 30k seating stadium I might add. Point made - the Yankees have close to 20k+ additional seating to fill and generate revenue on... this also has an affect on revenues generated on concessions, parking, etc.

I guess we'll see what Boston's team looks like in a couple years... or where they will be playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Codica3

What is with everyone trying to move Arod from his position???????????

He's practically the best SS of the game, why the fuck would you move him from his position???????????

in a situation where you have 2 solid SS and you wanna keep both the theory is to move the bigger body to 3rd base in order to save wear and tear on a bigger body because SS is a more demanding position as evidenced by the Orioles tryin to extend Ripkens effectivness and playing time.

def. not a knock on Arods fielding by moving from ss to 3rd

A move like that will only benefit him in the long run , and any team that signs arod to that huge contract will likely wann protect theri investment and eventually ask him to move to 3rd regardless in a few yrs.

I know you asked this question a few times , and did answer ya in the arod/jeter thread;) :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by bxbomb

in a situation where you have 2 solid SS and you wanna keep both the theory is to move the bigger body to 3rd base in order to save wear and tear on a bigger body because SS is a more demanding position as evidenced by the Orioles tryin to extend Ripkens effectivness and playing time.

def. not a knock on Arods fielding by moving from ss to 3rd

A move like that will only benefit him in the long run , and any team that signs arod to that huge contract will likely wann protect theri investment and eventually ask him to move to 3rd regardless in a few yrs.

I know you asked this question a few times , and did answer ya in the arod/jeter thread;) :D

wow....this might be the first thing we agree on.......

you actually do have intellect:)

as for captainpec........please dont tell me you actually believe all the bullshit you spew. They wouldnt pay for players they cant afford....otherwise they wouldnt have a team. Notice how the Sox try to renegotiate player's contracts versus Steinbrenner who just buys players for whatever the price. Their stadium is not their primary source of revenue, otherwise they wouldnt be able to afford anybody even though they SELL OUT NEARLY EVERY HOME GAME.......something the Yankees can only dream of. Even though you're a little bitter that the Sox are making progress and the Yankees aren't going to be as powerful as they were last year, and the fact A-Rod might be a Red Sock and Sheffield is fucking around with Steinbrenner.......dont sacrifice coming across as retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by djjonstephen

as for captainpec........please dont tell me you actually believe all the bullshit you spew. They wouldnt pay for players they cant afford....otherwise they wouldnt have a team. Notice how the Sox try to renegotiate player's contracts versus Steinbrenner who just buys players for whatever the price. Their stadium is not their primary source of revenue, otherwise they wouldnt be able to afford anybody even though they SELL OUT NEARLY EVERY HOME GAME.......something the Yankees can only dream of. Even though you're a little bitter that the Sox are making progress and the Yankees aren't going to be as powerful as they were last year, and the fact A-Rod might be a Red Sock and Sheffield is fucking around with Steinbrenner.......dont sacrifice coming across as retarded.

COMMENT #1

Listen you little bitch – your knowledge and constant rants of misinformation are becoming played out. Please do not try to inform me on anything closely related to the management of an organization or better yet – the management/operation of an MLB team… my previous job of four years. Rather than insult your intelligence (or lack thereof), I will educated your sorry ass for once. When you are done reading, you can go back to being the sorry bitch that you always come out as in your posts… let’s start with the basics bitch.

Revenue Streams for a typical MLB Team:

1 Gate Receipts – since you seem to know so much about baseball, this my friend is the major revenue source for approximately 30-50% of the MLB teams… specifically speaking, the small market teams (starting at the Expos, Brewers, Twins, etc.) While this can make up 80% of their true baseball operations revenue (additional revenues are earned by the weak teams in accordance with the Revenue Sharing rules of the league established in 1996), it may be smaller – percentage wise for much larger teams such as the Red Sox and Yankees. Nonetheless, it may be (ie 35%) for the Red Sox and lets say (ie 20% - due to the much larger revenues for the Yankees associated with the YES network) for the Yankees, but quantitatively speaking… it’s a lot of money. You might be happy that your teams sells out every game, but if their stadium capacity is less than FORTY THOUSAND SEATS, it means LESS REVENUE ASSHOLE! Than a team with a LARGER CAPACITY OF 57,000 PLUS!

Additionally – there are only two ways to increase your gate receipt potential… raising ticket prices or adding additional seating capacity. My comment you fool was intended to state that prices will go up significantly for Red Sox fans and not marginally since they have a lower number of revenue generating seats. They were speculating a stadium with less than 50k seats… is that really worth the expense. Obviously they can sell more seats than that… bad decision if you ask me.

2 Broadcasting Contracts – the Yankees have their own cable deal… you can’t get any better than that and the main reason that they are able to go after and get pretty much whoever they want. I will not get into any greater detail herein – unless you request me to educate you any further…

3 Sponsorship Contracts – see above

4 Concessions – yes – the foot longs that you swallow do benefit your team Jon! But the revenue is usually percentage based as they outsource their concession stand operations an earn a % of total sales… sorry – swallowing more won’t benefit your team necessarily since they have to share in this revenue

5 Parking – see above

6 Suite Rentals/Licensing – see above

7 Post-Season – see above (obviously if you don’t make it, you can’t make money)

8 All-Star Game – see above (if you host it – Bling, Bling)

9 Promotional Contracts – see above

10 Other Revenue – see above (tidbit – this would include the amortization of their stadium naming rights, if the team, stadium authority or other applicable owner such as the city – chose to sells the rights).

COMMENT #2

Can you please read your post again and then say to yourself – fuck – I should ask Mom or Dad to read my posts to approve of me displaying my ignorance across the internet. Obviously you know only about spinning plastic and giving head you fag. Take a course in business – it will help you and maybe you will learn to charge for your services… supply/demand.

With respect to your direct comment on “negotiating/structuring player contracts.†You seemed rather rushed in your assertion that they can afford these players… if so, why are they so dead set with “reworking contractsâ€â€¦ because of cash flow concerns you dick! If you were business savy, you would understand that you would prefer to have player contracts “top heavy†towards the latter half (years) of the contract since 1. You might not be able to afford that player down the road, and 2. If you decide to part ways with that player after x number of years, you won’t absorb a bulk of the expense. As such, they might be able to afford the team in year one or year two, but (AND THIS WAS THE POINT OF MY EARLIER POST IF YOU COULD READ CORRECTLY) what might happen after year 1 or 2… there should be concern if they are so high strung with “structuring†comments… not a mock from me, but just a concern.

COMMENT #3

Not all teams pride themselves with the ability to operate with a net profit at the end of the year. Relatively speaking, before revenue sharing distributions, probably 90% of the teams lose revenue (more expenses than revenues…) at the end of the year. If it wasn’t for revenue sharing, ½ the teams wouldn’t even be in existence. After revenue sharing (which really is free money), some of these teams… maybe 60% walk away with a profitable operations for the year.

Owners don’t pride themselves with the year-to-year financial impacts in some cases, as they recoupe some (or in cases, none) of their loses when they sell their franchise… appreciation of the investment is key.

I would appreciated you reading for a changing as I don’t feel the need to educate you any further. I am sorry to knock you down, but consider yourself…

owned-puddle.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by captainpec

COMMENT #1

Listen you little bitch – your knowledge and constant rants of misinformation are becoming played out. Please do not try to inform me on anything closely related to the management of an organization or better yet – the management/operation of an MLB team… my previous job of four years. Rather than insult your intelligence (or lack thereof), I will educated your sorry ass for once. When you are done reading, you can go back to being the sorry bitch that you always come out as in your posts… let’s start with the basics bitch.

Revenue Streams for a typical MLB Team:

1 Gate Receipts – since you seem to know so much about baseball, this my friend is the major revenue source for approximately 30-50% of the MLB teams… specifically speaking, the small market teams (starting at the Expos, Brewers, Twins, etc.) While this can make up 80% of their true baseball operations revenue (additional revenues are earned by the weak teams in accordance with the Revenue Sharing rules of the league established in 1996), it may be smaller – percentage wise for much larger teams such as the Red Sox and Yankees. Nonetheless, it may be (ie 35%) for the Red Sox and lets say (ie 20% - due to the much larger revenues for the Yankees associated with the YES network) for the Yankees, but quantitatively speaking… it’s a lot of money. You might be happy that your teams sells out every game, but if their stadium capacity is less than FORTY THOUSAND SEATS, it means LESS REVENUE ASSHOLE! Than a team with a LARGER CAPACITY OF 57,000 PLUS!

Additionally – there are only two ways to increase your gate receipt potential… raising ticket prices or adding additional seating capacity. My comment you fool was intended to state that prices will go up significantly for Red Sox fans and not marginally since they have a lower number of revenue generating seats. They were speculating a stadium with less than 50k seats… is that really worth the expense. Obviously they can sell more seats than that… bad decision if you ask me.

2 Broadcasting Contracts – the Yankees have their own cable deal… you can’t get any better than that and the main reason that they are able to go after and get pretty much whoever they want. I will not get into any greater detail herein – unless you request me to educate you any further…

3 Sponsorship Contracts – see above

4 Concessions – yes – the foot longs that you swallow do benefit your team Jon! But the revenue is usually percentage based as they outsource their concession stand operations an earn a % of total sales… sorry – swallowing more won’t benefit your team necessarily since they have to share in this revenue

5 Parking – see above

6 Suite Rentals/Licensing – see above

7 Post-Season – see above (obviously if you don’t make it, you can’t make money)

8 All-Star Game – see above (if you host it – Bling, Bling)

9 Promotional Contracts – see above

10 Other Revenue – see above (tidbit – this would include the amortization of their stadium naming rights, if the team, stadium authority or other applicable owner such as the city – chose to sells the rights).

COMMENT #2

Can you please read your post again and then say to yourself – fuck – I should ask Mom or Dad to read my posts to approve of me displaying my ignorance across the internet. Obviously you know only about spinning plastic and giving head you fag. Take a course in business – it will help you and maybe you will learn to charge for your services… supply/demand.

With respect to your direct comment on “negotiating/structuring player contracts.†You seemed rather rushed in your assertion that they can afford these players… if so, why are they so dead set with “reworking contractsâ€â€¦ because of cash flow concerns you dick! If you were business savy, you would understand that you would prefer to have player contracts “top heavy†towards the latter half (years) of the contract since 1. You might not be able to afford that player down the road, and 2. If you decide to part ways with that player after x number of years, you won’t absorb a bulk of the expense. As such, they might be able to afford the team in year one or year two, but (AND THIS WAS THE POINT OF MY EARLIER POST IF YOU COULD READ CORRECTLY) what might happen after year 1 or 2… there should be concern if they are so high strung with “structuring†comments… not a mock from me, but just a concern.

COMMENT #3

Not all teams pride themselves with the ability to operate with a net profit at the end of the year. Relatively speaking, before revenue sharing distributions, probably 90% of the teams lose revenue (more expenses than revenues…) at the end of the year. If it wasn’t for revenue sharing, ½ the teams wouldn’t even be in existence. After revenue sharing (which really is free money), some of these teams… maybe 60% walk away with a profitable operations for the year.

Owners don’t pride themselves with the year-to-year financial impacts in some cases, as they recoupe some (or in cases, none) of their loses when they sell their franchise… appreciation of the investment is key.

I would appreciated you reading for a changing as I don’t feel the need to educate you any further. I am sorry to knock you down, but consider yourself…

owned-puddle.jpg

well boo fucking hoo

captainpecker fag got pissed because he got shown as a complete fucking moron in a few sentences. Good comeback writing an essay......you really tought me something today:laugh:

and no, I'm not on bx's cock.....if you noticed we never see eye to eye, I just gave him props for making a good, objective statement showing he's got knowledge while you dismiss the entire management as "half assed" when it is one of the strongest organizations in baseball.....even if you were talking about two different things

again, like I said, you come across as retarded

now get off my jock strap and work on that thing you call a life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bitch please... good comeback (unable to find one still)... next time you'll learn to keep your mouth shut on something you know nothing about...:blah:

And get off my cock... you seem to hop on it every now and then - I know your kind and am not interested... :jerkoff:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by captainpec

Bitch please... good comeback (unable to find one still)... next time you'll learn to keep your mouth shut on something you know nothing about...:blah:

And get off my cock... you seem to hop on it every now and then - I know your kind and am not interested... :jerkoff:

wow....thats original using almost the exact same line I used

you showed me:aright:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×