Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
lorelai604

some questions from a newbie - reservations

Recommended Posts

I don't know why, but I've always pictured people that go to clubs like this or parties like this to be drop dead gorgeous girls and guys that look like they just walked off a billboard in times square (and no i'm not talking about that Al Roker one!).

This has made me a bit self conscious and maybe why I waited so long to explore this type of thing.

I've had my share of boyfriends and fun in the past but I'm still not sure about this whole thing. I'd compare it to that dream where you show up somehere naked, but I'm thinking this is the wrong forum for that comment. :)

I joined this board basically cause I'm looking to meet different people than I usually would. And you all seem (from your posts anyway) that you are could be some pretty fun people to chill with. So, about my reservations...can anyone comment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you look good, other people will make an effort to meet you and they want to find out about your personality.

if you are only average looking or slightly unattractive, you have to make an effort to meet people and demonstrate your personality.

if you are overweight, ugly and have no sense of style you´ll have to go out of your way to get people even listening to you.

soooo you´re better off if you post some pics.

and yes, the club culuture is superficial. most of them are very cool people once you´re inside their circle. but to enter the circle, looks definately help. as well as personality. but looks are the first "filter" humans use. you want to optimize your first impression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tastey

if you look good, other people will make an effort to meet you and they want to find out about your personality.

if you are only average looking or slightly unattractive, you have to make an effort to meet people and demonstrate your personality.

if you are overweight, ugly and have no sense of style you´ll have to go out of your way to get people even listening to you.

soooo you´re better off if you post some pics.

and yes, the club culuture is superficial. most of them are very cool people once you´re inside their circle. but to enter the circle, looks definately help. as well as personality. but looks are the first "filter" humans use. you want to optimize your first impression.

well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lorelai604

before you ask, she's officially off the market

How about you? JK ;)

Welcome to Clubplanet. Some people here are nice, others rude, just like in society. Decide for yourself if you need to be a hottie to stick around. There are lots of post your picture threads everywhere.

Here on the sex board there are people from Miami, Germany, NYC, NJ, and a whole host of other places. Where are you located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm in nj, right outside nyc.

and yes i'm off the market, just out out of a thing and am not looking to be attached again for awhile.

i know there are a lot of post your pic threads, but i've never actually done it. i know looks are important, but i don't think they're everything. i've dated guys who are goregous and turned out to be jerks. doesn't seem to be any open minded, nice guys out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well... you are aware you are not the best looking.

that´s no big deal however. when you´re good at conveying your personality, when you´re fun to be around, you should be fine. however, *you* have to make an effort. get out of your fucking shell... decide to do that and you´ll be fine eventually

then again, the club culture might not even be something you want to get into. why do you want to get into it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lorelai604

i'm in nj, right outside nyc.

and yes i'm off the market, just out out of a thing and am not looking to be attached again for awhile.

i know there are a lot of post your pic threads, but i've never actually done it. i know looks are important, but i don't think they're everything. i've dated guys who are goregous and turned out to be jerks. doesn't seem to be any open minded, nice guys out there.

beauty is only skin deep, but then again i have been balls deep in many so called "beautiful" girls.

I am glad you can see past what may appear as a favoraible exterior & look deep into what truly makes a person "beautiful"

thanks

Brandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lorelai604

i recall saying self concious.....not unsttractive. thanks for the tact. i feel TON better now.

thanks for the clarification. However, i did not intend to insult you. I was stating what i felt was true, regardless of what you look like (i dont even see a picture though):confused:

Thanks

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tommyarmani

I was stating what i felt was true, regardless of what you look like

seriously?

may i ask with how many ugly girls you fell in love with tommy?

for me, many words can answer that question... like "none", "niente", "nicht eine", "not a single one", etc

sure, many girls that aren´t top looking are sweet, nice, and kind and all... but more just isn´t there with the sub-quality chicks... for me at least...

if you see in that sense, then yes, i agree with you. you can find something likable and admirable within every person if you look for it.

but let´s take that to the next level and back to the question... ever fell in love with an ugly girl tommy?

i think it´s a myth that was put into the world to comfort the not so pretty ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tastey,

I almost spit out my water when i read your question. :laugh: :laugh: I absolutely see your point.

Lets just say that i find a person either gets better looking or worse looking after you get to know them. I find that ones personality & how one carries oneself can either elevate one or knock one down a bit.

Of course the wolrds ugliest girl will not become attractive to me simply because of her personality. SO "shallow hal" was a bit off.

I go for looks first & then the personality makes or breaks the person.

But then again, allot of girls who have found me attractive wind up calling me ugly after getting to know me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lorelai604

I don't know why, but I've always pictured people that go to clubs like this or parties like this to be drop dead gorgeous girls and guys that look like they just walked off a billboard in times square (and no i'm not talking about that Al Roker one!).

This has made me a bit self conscious and maybe why I waited so long to explore this type of thing.

I've had my share of boyfriends and fun in the past but I'm still not sure about this whole thing. I'd compare it to that dream where you show up somehere naked, but I'm thinking this is the wrong forum for that comment. :)

I joined this board basically cause I'm looking to meet different people than I usually would. And you all seem (from your posts anyway) that you are could be some pretty fun people to chill with. So, about my reservations...can anyone comment?

do you seem to think that the people here on the sex board hit up sex clubs every week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by bbbooom

do you seem to think that the people here on the sex board hit up sex clubs every week?

I was thinking the same thing. Her perception may be a bit off.

She needs to realize that many of those on the "sex" board cant even remember the last time they had sex :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tommyarmani

I go for looks first & then the personality makes or breaks the person.

agreed

But then again, allot of girls who have found me attractive wind up calling me ugly after getting to know me.

"getting to know you" = you fuck them and never call them again? :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"do you seem to think that the people here on the sex board hit up sex clubs every week?"

well....do you guys make it a point to post comments about people like they can't read what you write.

come on, you all seem like nice guys, i'm new and i'm still trying to find my way around the board, can't you cut me a little break please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×